Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124350 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5340 on: May 14, 2013, 08:36:07 pm »

Mega-lag on server ffs :(
Nom nom nom

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: May 14, 2013, 08:37:36 pm »

Server came crashing down. Still running, but SOOOOOO LAGGED.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: May 14, 2013, 08:40:00 pm »

Why does this always happen when I've managed to grow Ambrosia Deus? Goddamnit.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: May 14, 2013, 08:43:02 pm »

That lag, dear lord

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: May 14, 2013, 08:43:22 pm »

Why does this always happen when I've managed to grow Ambrosia Deus? Goddamnit.

STOP DOING THAT :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: May 14, 2013, 08:46:00 pm »

It might've been the goldapples this time, they were ready for harvest when the game came crashing to a halt, whereas I'd got 50+ branches of Deus.

Botany=bad, kids!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: May 14, 2013, 08:48:29 pm »

I'm glad I got my little test project done. Cargonia lives!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Meteorites are not as lethal to the cargo bay now. There's also space on the other side by the disposals mass driver to do stuff and potentially power arrivals or break from the grid entirely. A power sink is not nearly as annoying when you can snip two wires and be independent.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 08:52:50 pm by BigD145 »

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: May 14, 2013, 08:59:42 pm »

Just keep in mind that they are a lot less effective when the station blocks them from sunlight.
Nothing important here, move along.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: May 14, 2013, 09:04:34 pm »

If you set them up properly, once you have your initial 10% charge they'll be self-sustaining. It isn't like Cargonia eats a tremendous amount of power, really. I think I'll have to do that next time I QM, if only because nobody ever goes Engineer.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: May 14, 2013, 09:20:35 pm »

If you set them up properly, once you have your initial 10% charge they'll be self-sustaining. It isn't like Cargonia eats a tremendous amount of power, really. I think I'll have to do that next time I QM, if only because nobody ever goes Engineer.

There's no SMES and the batteries in the APC are fine between rotations. Cargonia uses maybe 1500W per room and this setup is 12000W at full exposure. Just those 8 panels will do (with easy expansion if needed) and there's just enough room for the cargo shuttle to park. I will have to alter the wiring somewhat as it's only wired to the office APC, not all of Cargo. Easy fix though if I just move the console and wire it into the room where miners spawn. Probably best to put the console outside and behind 1-2 layers of grill.

I go engineer all the time and Dominik is an engineer/scientist tinkerer at heart. I'm well aware of how solars work. It's easy to RP him as a QM with hobbies without going into meta.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 09:25:42 pm by BigD145 »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: May 14, 2013, 10:40:26 pm »

Not fair! Cargo can sever itself and do whatever the fuck it wants if the QM commands it and the rest of the station can't? TWO THINGS NEEDED: 1. A way of getting resources APART from mining the asteroid (since cargonia controls it) and 2. MORE AUTOLATHES ON THE STATION!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: May 14, 2013, 10:44:55 pm »

Not fair! Cargo can sever itself and do whatever the fuck it wants if the QM commands it and the rest of the station can't? TWO THINGS NEEDED: 1. A way of getting resources APART from mining the asteroid (since cargonia controls it) and 2. MORE AUTOLATHES ON THE STATION!

More autolathes is a terrible idea, and also can be done.
He's fucking with us.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: May 14, 2013, 10:48:28 pm »

It might've been the goldapples this time, they were ready for harvest when the game came crashing to a halt, whereas I'd got 50+ branches of Deus.

Botany=bad, kids!
Bad =/= Botany = FUN
You have access to weapons, drugs, healing food, and you can easily hole up and bolt all the doors when all hell breaks loose.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: May 14, 2013, 11:15:08 pm »

Botany=bad, kids!
Bad =/= Botany = FUN
You have access to weapons, drugs, healing food, and you can easily hole up and bolt all the doors when all hell breaks loose.

Plus, with the addition of spears, you can totally go tribal on anybody's ass. Just remember to smoke a peace pipe afterward.
Also, I highly doubt it's the goldapples or Deus that's doing that. I've harvested enough cash to fill more than three crates from mutated lemon trees, all in one single tile.

Just..uh... remember to stay out of the supply shuttle's way. It instantly gibs anything in its path. I made that sad sad mistake some time ago... :-\
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 11:17:12 pm by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: May 14, 2013, 11:16:26 pm »

Botany=bad, kids!
Bad =/= Botany = FUN

Not to mention pod people cloning.
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 1654