Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124771 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5130 on: May 11, 2013, 12:54:55 pm »

Everyone is Mark Barnes!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: May 11, 2013, 12:56:11 pm »

I keep failing to get into the server when it restarts, until after the game has started. :s

This.

By the way, Secborgs should now get security tape.

Also, here's an idea for syringes: If you inject somebody that has a disease with a syringe (probably a cure), and then inject somebody else that does NOT have that disease without cleaning the syringe (probably just in a sink, altough the blood wouldn't be visible on the syringe), you can transfer the disease.

Goodness, NO! While this is a fun idea, tracking all the dirty syringes WILL murder the shit out of the server, which is why it was not implemented. Hell, tracking virii in Vomit is enough of a bitch.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: May 11, 2013, 01:28:30 pm »

AI keeps somebody locked up because she is dangerous. Then it suggests to cut off her comms. Yeah, makes sense. Please don't play AI again until you understand that not only you should have fun.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: May 11, 2013, 02:17:09 pm »

AI keeps somebody locked up because she is dangerous. Then it suggests to cut off her comms. Yeah, makes sense. Please don't play AI again until you understand that not only you should have fun.

AI actually ruined the whole round for me. It forced me to go on the run and play aggressively, which I cannot do well. That, and me having to sit in Cloning for several minutes for no bloody reason other than pulling a HARMLESS prank.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: May 11, 2013, 02:31:22 pm »

That was a fun round, Muted the AI twice and the second time he was never unmuted, I blow up my target but he somehow still lived and I drained all the power to steal two guns.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: May 11, 2013, 04:11:36 pm »

Maybe they shouldn't have forcibly shoved someone in a genetic modifier then?

Inscribed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: May 11, 2013, 05:05:55 pm »

Why would that prompt the AI to shut of her comms?

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: May 11, 2013, 05:15:05 pm »

She was constantly denying that she had done anything wrong, and I got irritated.Plus, I didn't actually shut them off.

Inscribed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: May 11, 2013, 06:00:36 pm »

That is still... not explaining why you suggested it, as AI...

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: May 11, 2013, 06:05:59 pm »

Because if someone believed her, they might help her out, and since she demonstrated that she was willing to harm people seemingly at random, that's a very dangerous possibility.

Inscribed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: May 11, 2013, 06:17:25 pm »

A dangerous possibility cannot equal harm! If it does, then the AI has to evacuate teh station immediately, due to how dangerous the station is, being in space and all! Unless the danger is immediate, like someone who killed/attacked someone is in a room and you can bolt him, then most of the time, yes. One really should be too restrictive with the first law, really. Like bolting Toxins, or other such crazy schemes.

But my last bout as AI brought up some other questions.
1: If I litterally see someone change shape, under strange circumstances but in plain sight, am I as AI allowed to make any conclusions about that creature not being a human? I've done so twice, now, basically, and no one has complained, but I thought to ask it in general public, so to say, for a better understanding of it.
2: More interestingly.... When someone speaks and you are AI, their Title/Job pops up beside their name. Is this based uppon their PDA/ID? Cause when whomever ate Luna spoke as Luna to Tel, she suddenly had the title of CMO. Which I knew she wasn't, and I assumed it stemmed from a PDA from the CMO, or something.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: May 11, 2013, 07:20:15 pm »

attacked someone is in a room and you can bolt him, then most of the time

That's precisely what happened.

As for the possibility versus harm thing, it has to be up to the AI's discretion. The other extreme leads to the AI never doing anything short of responding to a plasma fire or a set, but unexploded bomb, because there's always the possibility that no one will get hurt.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 07:26:12 pm by Eagle_eye »

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: May 11, 2013, 07:33:42 pm »

1: If I litterally see someone change shape, under strange circumstances but in plain sight, am I as AI allowed to make any conclusions about that creature not being a human? I've done so twice, now, basically, and no one has complained, but I thought to ask it in general public, so to say, for a better understanding of it.
Yes, thats fine.
2: More interestingly.... When someone speaks and you are AI, their Title/Job pops up beside their name. Is this based uppon their PDA/ID? Cause when whomever ate Luna spoke as Luna to Tel, she suddenly had the title of CMO. Which I knew she wasn't, and I assumed it stemmed from a PDA from the CMO, or something.
Um it might have to do with IDs, not PDAs. I probably had my original ID in my hands still when I took Luna's form and spoke.. I'll look into that because that situation itself might be a bit meta  (at least in my own view)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: May 11, 2013, 07:56:18 pm »

Hey, heres an idea.
miner w/ full space suit wants to go to space
do you a) let him or b) say hes insane and try to kill him?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: May 11, 2013, 08:14:13 pm »

This reminds me. The other day, we were playing a Changeling round, and Aseaheru signed up as Captain midway through. I was in Arrivals at the time and was a HoP ling. I kill and eat Aseaheru real fast, and he pops up in OOC and calls me out, using my character name and all. I would just like to point something out:

You do not, EVER, EVER, EVER do that. EVER. Period. Full fucking stop. Do not EVER say that someone killed you in OOC, because that is fucking bullshit. Adminhelp it. You basically ruined that round for me, because everyone had to pretend they didn't know I was a Ling, which removed half the fun of being an antag, which is the possibility of getting caught. I don't CARE how pissed off you are at dying, DO NOT STATE IT IN OOC. That is a GRIEVOUS violation of the rules, and Donuts didn't see fit to take any real action over it, but I want it made absolutely clear to everyone that it is not cool at all to do that. If you suspect grief, or rule breaking, admin help it. THAT'S IT. Do not OOC about it.

I would think not, to be honest. I would figure the AI would instead say something to the effect of, "I just witnessed X's features melt and he now looks like Y. Please investigate." I don't think the AI really has a switch in it's brain that can dehuman anyone based on their actions unless it's stated in its' laws. I think that would take a direct conversation with a human or a law change. "If a human is witnessed changing shape or extending a proboscis or utilizing weapons of a biological nature, then it is no longer a human and no longer protected by your laws." Then again, that 'Law' is meta as FUCK, but you know what I'm getting at. Then again, I might be the minority opinion here, but you know.

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 1654