Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2126063 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4380 on: April 26, 2013, 02:27:04 pm »

Dammit, that should have been so easy! I even had all-access and nobody suspected anything, but the singu got loose, I freaked out, and completely forgot to get the jumpsuit from where I had stored it, since I was more worried about getting people off the station safely.

Let it be known that, even as a traitor, I'm sometimes too nice for my own good.
Nothing important here, move along.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: April 26, 2013, 02:39:52 pm »

whats the IP? is used the second one on the first post...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

WarderSkyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • That Incompetent Troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: April 26, 2013, 02:45:31 pm »

The one time I got converted the only person that appeared to give a non-zero amount of fucks was the mime who converted me, which obviously isn't the best of companions.
What is that supposed to mean?

Anyway I think that every time I'm going to convert someone I'll give them a tome as well on the condition they take full blame and let no suspicion arise of the cult. Honestly I find it easier to explain revflash than converting. I mean how am I supposed to explain you are now under the influence of a dark god?

As for stungloves, I'll miss their removal but atleast now I won't see Engineers getting shocked by doors.
Think fast, act faster.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: April 26, 2013, 02:47:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Congress 2.0.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: April 26, 2013, 02:50:01 pm »

comeon, whats the IP? this looks like fat too mutch fun.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: April 26, 2013, 02:53:21 pm »

EDIT: Anyone know if constructs can use teleport runes, or do we have to make a teleport other rune and send them with those?

Unfortunately, no, constructs cannot use teleport runes. In one of the previous cult rounds, I became an Artificer and was unable to interact with any runes. However, I did realize that Artificers could very easily make a small space station just outside of the main station. In fact, if you just cut a neat hole in one of the sides of the Toxins Test Area and allow the test area to fill the cult chambers with nice air (assuming it hasn't been bombed), it makes a rather decent hidey-hole. Not to mention that right when you make an Artificer, they immediately can spawn an empty shell and a soulstone so you can gather another soul, so they should pretty much be your first construct always.
Also often called Boowells.

WarderSkyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • That Incompetent Troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: April 26, 2013, 02:53:36 pm »

comeon, whats the IP? this looks like fat too mutch fun.
byond://24.240.44.164:59359
Must. Resist. Grammar Nazi tendencies....
Think fast, act faster.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: April 26, 2013, 03:00:42 pm »

The one time I got converted the only person that appeared to give a non-zero amount of fucks was the mime who converted me, which obviously isn't the best of companions.
Mimes can't talk, so I'd rather have normal people as my other cultists. She tried tough. She tried her best.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: April 26, 2013, 03:05:01 pm »

Anyway I think that every time I'm going to convert someone I'll give them a tome as well on the condition they take full blame and let no suspicion arise of the cult. Honestly I find it easier to explain revflash than converting. I mean how am I supposed to explain you are now under the influence of a dark god?

As for stungloves, I'll miss their removal but atleast now I won't see Engineers getting shocked by doors.

That's my signature move.  That's what I get for being so meta and making stungloves first thing.  AI shocks a door? ZAP! Door bolted? ZAP!  I won't miss that.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4389 on: April 26, 2013, 03:51:40 pm »

Err... The external archive is empty!

Yes, we'll need to migrate old books over, due to a recent change in how the library database works.  They aren't gone, just not accessible.  I've sent Vactor an SQL query that should take care of it.

Also, I'll be updating the alternate to match late tonight.

KG

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: April 26, 2013, 04:00:49 pm »

That was fun. QM loses stamp to an autolathe. Personal identity collapses. Station collapses. DOOM!

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: April 26, 2013, 04:12:50 pm »

And I need to find a good spot to put a teleport rune that everyone can access for next time. Chapel or library would probably both work....... But if sec metas they could just camp the teleport rune.... a Backup in the illicit wing is probably not a bad idea.

Lay down dummy runes in a dozen places and make all cleaning supplies disappear. Move them periodically or just keep adding more. You can red text everyone about changes.
There's another way no one seems to use, but I'll keep it under my hat until I play cult again.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: April 26, 2013, 04:19:29 pm »

GBS is difficult to cure.  I never quite got it under control before we reached Cetcomm and spread this lethal disease all over the home station.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: April 26, 2013, 04:19:31 pm »

"They're throwing salt and forks at eachother!"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: April 26, 2013, 04:23:02 pm »

Tomes are not the be all end all of cult. Grab a weapon and pitch in. Tomes are of questionable use in a combat situation anyway.
Firstly, as a cultist, combat isn't your priority. Secondly, tomes generally are the most vital key to a cult's job.
If everyone's playing their part right nearly everyone on the station should be a cultist armed with a tome, then the cult leaders simply have to pick and choose their tactic of completing the objective, which could be as simple as just running away, or summoning Narsie. (See, in most cases there's probably no combat required at all.)

Spears fit in backpacks, so there's no reason to put it on the backpack slot.
There is exactly one reason to put a spear in a backpack slot.
Badassery.
Sometimes you just want to look intimidating, and there's no better way to do that than to carry a weapon you could fit in your backpack on your back instead.
Bonus points for having a taser on your belt and a sawn-off in your armour.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 1654