Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2126048 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4365 on: April 26, 2013, 12:21:11 pm »

The thing is, there is only one circular saw on the whole station IIRC, meanwhile a, say, Rev QM or Engineer can mass produce spears very cheaply:

QM has an autolathe and science can get one easily. Circular saws for everyone.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: April 26, 2013, 12:22:08 pm »

I broadcasted several times where our base was where people could find tomes and weapons. If the person who converted you doesn't tell you anything, go find other cultists and ASK. Anyone in atmos or engineering could have pointed you to where you could get a book. I'll often go out of my way to help cultists so if you see one of my my characters with an adorable little squid icon above their head, flag me down. Also, depending on when you're converted, there may not be time; especially if you're converted during the main attack. Just follow cultists who seem like they know what they're about and help them.

EDIT: Anyone know if constructs can use teleport runes, or do we have to make a teleport other rune and send them with those?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 12:28:44 pm by Kaitol »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: April 26, 2013, 12:31:56 pm »

I was the traitor, and had to steal teh station blueprints. The other person at round start was Axl, who was a traitor that had to kill me. He finally won when he spaced me on the shuttle. I tried turning him into a monkey.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: April 26, 2013, 12:35:10 pm »

When I got converted last night I got dumped out with no tome and no information.  It's the equivalent of lolflashing in a rev round - people will argue it's different, but it's really the same.
Actually it's worse. Yes, "lolflashing" can result in some initial confusion, but things can be explained later.
If you're left without a tome, you're utterly buggered and useless. You're basically sacrifice fodder.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: April 26, 2013, 12:46:04 pm »

The thing is, there is only one circular saw on the whole station IIRC, meanwhile a, say, Rev QM or Engineer can mass produce spears very cheaply:

QM has an autolathe and science can get one easily. Circular saws for everyone.

OK, good point. BTW, did anyone try to wear the spear in the Back(pack) slot? I know you can wear a fireaxe on your back and it's very similar (brute weapon, 2h-able).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: April 26, 2013, 12:48:58 pm »

Spears fit in backpacks, so there's no reason to put it on the backpack slot.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: April 26, 2013, 12:50:52 pm »

Tomes are not the be all end all of cult. Grab a weapon and pitch in. Tomes are of questionable use in a combat situation anyway. Make a makeshift stunbaton and help someone with a book convert. There are tons of ways for most jobs to help out. Poison food, make bombs or other weapons, etc etc. Go hog wild. Have fun. You're a cultist now, and probably disposable. Plus we can teleport you from sec or revive you if we need to. Just don't expose the cult if they don't know about it already.

And I need to find a good spot to put a teleport rune that everyone can access for next time. Chapel or library would probably both work....... But if sec metas they could just camp the teleport rune.... a Backup in the illicit wing is probably not a bad idea.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: April 26, 2013, 01:09:38 pm »

And I need to find a good spot to put a teleport rune that everyone can access for next time. Chapel or library would probably both work....... But if sec metas they could just camp the teleport rune.... a Backup in the illicit wing is probably not a bad idea.

Lay down dummy runes in a dozen places and make all cleaning supplies disappear. Move them periodically or just keep adding more. You can red text everyone about changes.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: April 26, 2013, 02:10:20 pm »

Can we get the server restarted? the few people alive are in no place to escape...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: April 26, 2013, 02:13:54 pm »

Easiest traitor round ever. My target commits suicide and one of the other 4 traitors (on a round that started with 6 people) releases the singularity.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: April 26, 2013, 02:15:29 pm »

what, this one? I know Fox is not a traitor, but whos the other one?

besides, you cant really escape with those spiders.
or are you saying that everyone but one was a traitor? because Fox did not commit suicide. he lost his gun and got spidered.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 02:17:31 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: April 26, 2013, 02:17:37 pm »

You're in the wrong server. Are you in Vactor's server? I think you're in KG's server.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: April 26, 2013, 02:17:50 pm »

I came to the chaplain, claiming to be there for confession. After saying the booth creeped me out, we go into his office. Thanks to Anastasia giving me all access, I could open the door to his crematorium... Stab him with a parapen, serve up some extra crispy chaplain. I played it cool for the rest of the round until the singularity is freed, then I book it to the security pod with Anastasia and Emmy.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: April 26, 2013, 02:18:42 pm »

axl had it moderately easy too. killing chaplain, while having a para-pen, is rather easy.
"I must confess"

edit: also, one more to reach 15! come!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: April 26, 2013, 02:22:49 pm »

Err... The external archive is empty!

Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 1654