Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2126484 times)

WarderSkyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • That Incompetent Troublemaker
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3990 on: April 20, 2013, 02:35:41 pm »

Fun round.

Despite the fact I knew that the CMO was a traitor, I decided to defend her in Court simply because "Aiden is loyal to his colleagues." Simply put He suspected Patton was the CMO due to the DNA matchings and the hair (Note almost every woman on the Station has red hair) His valid arguments were ignored and the verdict was guilty. The Captain was planning on executing Mya, and he was against it. Hilariously enough I snapped after the Engineer pushed me down, I shot the Captain with my syringe gun and disarmed Drage.

*Cue mad brawl for victory*

The mutineers ended up winning because I stunned the Captain, Drage, and the HoS. :P
Think fast, act faster.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: April 20, 2013, 02:43:54 pm »

Hehehe. Lukas stole the HoP's energy gun while I was right next to it as well. Cue the AI (I think it was out to get me) accusing me of stealing it and the cyborg trying to arrest me. I would've submitted to a search, but I had a sawn-off double-barrel shotgun loaded with lethals shells (for popping crates, since I was the QM) in my pack. :P

How do you make lethal shells? I know how to make blanks.
Hack the autolathe. You can make cuffs, .357 rounds, flamethrowers, lethal shells, shotgun darts...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: April 20, 2013, 02:54:21 pm »

Hehehe. Lukas stole the HoP's energy gun while I was right next to it as well. Cue the AI (I think it was out to get me) accusing me of stealing it and the cyborg trying to arrest me. I would've submitted to a search, but I had a sawn-off double-barrel shotgun loaded with lethals shells (for popping crates, since I was the QM) in my pack. :P

Hack the autolathe. You can make cuffs, .357 rounds, flamethrowers, lethal shells, shotgun darts...
To be specific, use a screwdriver to open it, then wirecutters to clip a few wires.  Even random clipping will open it most times.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: April 20, 2013, 03:09:51 pm »

To be specific, use a screwdriver to open it, then wirecutters to clip a few wires.  Even random clipping will open it most times.

Well, there's a multitool right next to you, and you can get a full kit for toying with wires withing minutes anyway. The only way to screw it up is to cut the power cable seconds before HoP marches in and demands something made on the Autholathe.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: April 20, 2013, 04:24:35 pm »

Botany is LOADSAMONEY. This is truth.
Also often called Boowells.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: April 20, 2013, 05:14:54 pm »

A hacked autolathe can also make RCU's. Which are rather usefull.

Speaking of which, how hard would it be to add a Black market trading system (similair to cargo, escape pod sized shuttle) to the illicit. With unique goods, but extremely high prices.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: April 20, 2013, 05:46:51 pm »

I don't really like Illicit, and I don't want a reason to encourage crime on the station. Illicit is rarely used, and most of the time it's to grab a few illegal drugs inside. Even if people would go to the wing, it'd be obvious to security what was going on seeing as how our population is sort of low at most times. It's just sort of useless, and makes map merging more annoying.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: April 20, 2013, 05:56:10 pm »

I'd snoop around as detective but don't know where it is and can't be bothered to randomly search the station when I could be roleplaying my character.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: April 20, 2013, 05:56:51 pm »

I dunno. Cult was using illicit till some douchebag said people were using a secret wall over public radio. And then the entire security force magically knew where it was. And raided it. And failed to find the tome and runes.

One wall rune and you have yourselves a fortress security and the heads are supposed to not know about. Nice if you don't want/can't to go off station for research.

Now if only people wouldn't leave the doors wide open...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 05:59:13 pm by Kaitol »

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: April 20, 2013, 06:54:35 pm »

Eh. If the CE/Engineering doesn't find it pretty fast by accident, they aren't paying attention.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: April 20, 2013, 07:20:09 pm »

Eh. If the CE/Engineering doesn't find it pretty fast by accident, they aren't paying attention.

Mesons can spot it through the walls easily. But!

I dunno. Cult was using illicit till some douchebag said people were using a secret wall over public radio. And then the entire security force magically knew where it was. And raided it. And failed to find the tome and runes.

One wall rune and you have yourselves a fortress security and the heads are supposed to not know about. Nice if you don't want/can't to go off station for research.

Now if only people wouldn't leave the doors wide open...

Illicit is generally just used for drugs, or for the QM to nab a shotgun to break crates. BUT it's good for traitors and such to drag people into and murder them/other stuff like that.

Has anyone else realized how much of a BITCH it is to get anything done as a traitor with an AI and a Borg roaming around, plus a Captain, HoS, and at least one officer? Not saying it's impossible, but it is... Obscenely difficult sometimes.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: April 20, 2013, 07:23:29 pm »

Engineers don't have a reason running around poking walls so unless its breached, why would they find it?
I only once 'accidentally' found it when i was building light fixtures and tried to place on on the door, which wasn't intended tbh.

Has anyone else realized how much of a BITCH it is to get anything done as a traitor with an AI and a Borg roaming around, plus a Captain, HoS, and at least one officer? Not saying it's impossible, but it is... Obscenely difficult sometimes.
Depends on your job. CE(steal AI upload from tech storage) or anyone that can easily hack the AI will have an easy time
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 07:26:05 pm by Ivefan »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: April 20, 2013, 07:45:10 pm »

Depends on whether the CE wires the solars. Otherwise thats a pretty unimportant section of maintenance. Plus I just turn a Blind eye if I'm the CE. Problem is aside from cults and traitors nobody uses it often enough. I mean theres even less chance of customers then the regular bar so even if we have a barman he only goes in there rarely. I mean nobody gives a fuck if botany makes drugs so long as they're not distributing so why should they go there.

At the same time though its massively useful to antagonists and helps our servers personality.

On the topic of cultists and revs while we're at it. Frequently they are very slow long rounds, mostly because of disorganization because of a lack of communication. I mean sure, eventually cultists can make comm runes but they are obvious as heck and take health and time, as well as research. It just takes too damn long to get to or use, and its anonymity makes it haphazard for a conversation. I mean you can change the frequency of your headsets (And revs should probably just do this once they have a recruit or three). But then you can't quickly reply to stuff from non cultists. When you've got a huge army ready to tear down the station thats not so bad, but at start when you have five people yelling at you for stuff its not entirely feasible. Plus a lot people will just kill cultists on sight whereas revs get a lot more tolerance, usually. So overheard comms chatter isn't so terribad for them as for cult.

So I propose a few possible changes, and if they don't work out we can always revert.

1a. Cultists start with an unlimited use communication talisman, like they can spawn with their start charm but infinite use, and they can make more with their 10 charge charm, or any communication tali made with runes is also infinite use.
1b. Or alternatively and less drastically just make comm runes themselves not disappear after one use. Also possibly give more starting words, enough to make comm runes.

2. Possibly get rid of requiring researching runes altogether. All research does is make playing cult harder and drag out the round. I'm tired of five hour cult rounds as much as anybody else. As it is one guy gets a suit, goes off and does research and we're guaranteed to get it anyway. Might as well cut out the middleman and cut an hours or so worth of time out of the round where next to nothing happens.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: April 20, 2013, 08:19:43 pm »

Engineers don't have a reason running around poking walls so unless its breached, why would they find it?
I only once 'accidentally' found it when i was building light fixtures and tried to place on on the door, which wasn't intended tbh.
Because secret doors stick out like a sore thumb if you're wearing mesons.

Depends on whether the CE wires the solars. Otherwise thats a pretty unimportant section of maintenance.
... It's right behind primary tool storage. If you forgot one of your tools lying around somewhere and pop in there to grab another, bam, obvious hole in the wall.

Plus I just turn a Blind eye if I'm the CE.
Well, yeah. If someone's not actively threatening the structure of the station, the electrical system, the atmosphere, or the engineering team (okay that list ended up longer than I expected, but you get the point), who cares what they're up to. [As far as the engineers are concerned.]
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: April 20, 2013, 08:40:14 pm »

I feel like we should have more minor fistfights in the bar, what with Engineers ending up with not as much to do most shifts, and a lot of other people wandering around looking for trouble. I mean RP fistfights, not 'lolgrief'. You know, one guy insults another one cuz he's drunk, they push each, then start punching one another.

Then the whole bar gets flash banged, cuffed, and borged. I mean, what.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 1654