Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2126475 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3975 on: April 20, 2013, 12:14:00 pm »

Still, SOP for contact with an alien species without biohazard suit should be medbay check. Maybe the beast spreads airborne contaminants, or something.

Though I doubt many people would follow it.
Ideally.  Nanotrasen employees are not particularly known for following protocol.
Do you know what confuses me? Why Captains don't sentence people to public floggings for some crimes. I mean, what else is The Chain of Command for, anyway?

It's for disciplining someone... in the chest/head.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: April 20, 2013, 12:27:44 pm »

Still, SOP for contact with an alien species without biohazard suit should be medbay check. Maybe the beast spreads airborne contaminants, or something.

Though I doubt many people would follow it.
Ideally.  Nanotrasen employees are not particularly known for following protocol.
Do you know what confuses me? Why Captains don't sentence people to public floggings for some crimes. I mean, what else is The Chain of Command for, anyway?

For pun. Duh. Just like all the plaques have no purposes aside from being references. Or how HoS has Adam Jensen suit as an alt.

I would be very non-fine with floggings used as punishment outside rev. Say what you want about NanoTrasen being an Evil (TM) Megacorp, they aren't dumb.

a) It'd be a PR disaster
b) It's life-threatening if done improperly, and crew is expensive to replace - personnel like Geneticists, Chemists or Scientists even more so, doubly so if the potential employees are informed of casual floggings of criminals. Even if they did survive, they have to use up the station's medical supplies to get back in shape - absurdly non-cost-effective.
c) As-is, it's a violation of Space Law (presumably corporate law), which, if reported to CentComm, would bring NT Internal Affairs down on you. And if not that, a crew revolt and either Space Marooning (on Asteroid) or Space Spacing or, well, brutal murder.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: April 20, 2013, 12:32:13 pm »

d) Some clown will always go and safe the poor criminal.

On that note, I had some great fun with just throwing flashbangs into the teleporter portals, with the beacon setup in the targets backpack. Yes yes... could of course be used for less nice kinds of nades, but you didn't hear that from me.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: April 20, 2013, 12:34:03 pm »

Just in case somebody didn't know: You can send space cash back on the supply shuttle for points. 25 credits = 1 supply point.

Holy shi- are you serious? I can make cash trees as a botanist and order all the shit I want because my 75 potency cash trees have 500 credit harvests. Gonna try that next time.
Also often called Boowells.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: April 20, 2013, 12:34:44 pm »

It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: April 20, 2013, 12:48:33 pm »

Just in case somebody didn't know: You can send space cash back on the supply shuttle for points. 25 credits = 1 supply point.

Holy shi- are you serious? I can make cash trees as a botanist and order all the shit I want because my 75 potency cash trees have 500 credit harvests. Gonna try that next time.

I think you meant to say the QM can order anything they want. Now, if you want to strike up a deal...

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: April 20, 2013, 01:03:06 pm »

Yeah, that space cash for supply points is exclusive to our server (I wrote it in)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: April 20, 2013, 01:18:43 pm »

That was an awesome round as AI.

Mya escaped and then everyone started stealing and everything went to hell and I lost track. She disguised as someone else, somehow. All in all, I enjoyed it. Also, secborgs are boss. You don't have to wait for humans to get off their arses or beepsky to patrol to arrest someone. Just tell your borg a location and a name, and the person's arrested.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: April 20, 2013, 01:19:25 pm »

Hehehe. Lukas stole the HoP's energy gun while I was right next to it as well. Cue the AI (I think it was out to get me) accusing me of stealing it and the cyborg trying to arrest me. I would've submitted to a search, but I had a sawn-off double-barrel shotgun loaded with lethals shells (for popping crates, since I was the QM) in my pack. :P

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: April 20, 2013, 02:07:06 pm »

I've played a couple of rounds as QM lately. Holy shit, cargo is powerful. And if you are a QM traitor, you'd have to either cock up the execution of your master plan or run into some random obstacle.

To elaborate, you can order and use armor, insulated gloves, weaponry, and Syndicate gear (emag the console) until you run out of points and you have easy access to EVA gear (haul ass to as(s)teroid, grab a mining hardsuit) and, while we're at it, a remote fortress on the asteroid. All you need are henchmen and a white fluffy cat and you can start scheming for world domination.

EDIT: oh, also, if you get hold of those cash trees to plant, you can basically create an independent realm - if you know how, you can create something that works like Hydroponics Trays wherever you want (read - Maintenance) and you can order Botanics supplies and water tanks.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 02:10:02 pm by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: April 20, 2013, 02:09:42 pm »

I've played a couple of rounds as QM lately. Holy shit, cargo is powerful. And if you are a QM traitor, you'd have to either cock up the execution of your master plan or run into some random obstacle.

To elaborate, you can order and use armor, insulated gloves, weaponry, and Syndicate gear (emag the console) until you run out of points and you have easy access to EVA gear (haul ass to as(s)teroid, grab a mining hardsuit) and, while we're at it, a remote fortress on the asteroid. All you need are henchmen and a white fluffy cat and you can start scheming for world domination.

A HoP or whoever that regularly checks the supply orders will dick that right fast.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: April 20, 2013, 02:14:23 pm »

Hehehe. Lukas stole the HoP's energy gun while I was right next to it as well. Cue the AI (I think it was out to get me) accusing me of stealing it and the cyborg trying to arrest me. I would've submitted to a search, but I had a sawn-off double-barrel shotgun loaded with lethals shells (for popping crates, since I was the QM) in my pack. :P

How do you make lethal shells? I know how to make blanks.

Also, we rioted. And captured the Captain and his men. In the Courtroom. And I performed Gender Reassignment/plastic surgery. As the Chaplain, in the crematorium room, in the dark. With a shard of glass. I also managed to convince the Captain that he HADN'T seen a scythe in my hands, even though he totally did.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: April 20, 2013, 02:15:47 pm »

And I performed Gender Reassignment/plastic surgery. As the Chaplain, in the crematorium room, in the dark. With a shard of glass.
*Wince*
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: April 20, 2013, 02:16:06 pm »

A HoP or whoever that regularly checks the supply orders will dick that right fast.

By then you will be in your Ablative vest armed with two lasers, a parapen, and incendiary grenades and/or spacesuit and/or on Asteroid. For added fun, have the goal to assasinate HoP. You could probably break into Comms and erase those, I think, but either way, it's non-hardcore to do that.

EDIT:
And I performed Gender Reassignment/plastic surgery. As the Chaplain, in the crematorium room, in the dark. With a shard of glass.
*Wince*

Could be worse. Could be done with a HATCHET. #Sympathypain
Although it gets me thinking. Can you plastic surgerize a corpse to give him a new name and look? That would be a nice assasin tactic.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 02:17:55 pm by scrdest »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: April 20, 2013, 02:19:21 pm »

Best round ever.  I was traitor, as CMO, became 'acting chemist'.  Made grenades that failed to bust the HoP's door, finally got a Syndicate C4 and got in, but got arrested because I was the only woman on the station (shoulda grabbed a spacesuit, so I'd be red).  Fortunately I'd passed drugs to CE, so he EVA'd and broke open the window.  A ride in a locker out, and the chaplain helps me perform surgery to return as Patton Muller, who is promptly caught by a fingerprint scan.

Court is held.  Arguments are ignored and captain flat out says "Fuck you all this is my station I sentence death!  For the theft of a jumpsuit no one was using there can be no other verdict!"  The crew promptly overthrows the government and we all escape on the shuttle with most of the security force in the shuttle brig.  I did get wailed on in the cockpit, but only because I rushed in.  Shoulda stayed with my compatriots!

Also, I gave the clown some 90 units of Mindbreaker and Space Lube.  When he asked for "something interesting to put in my flower" I almost gave him acid.  I was worried it would damage the flower.

NINJA: You can perform surgery on corpses.
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 1654