Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123400 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3420 on: April 11, 2013, 03:40:18 pm »

I'd ban DX personally, but it seems the banning panel still isn't working. It's simply can't connect to the database, so we're limited to jumping on when he's on and banning him the old fashioned way.

Ye Olde Banhammerede Wayſ.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: April 11, 2013, 03:44:08 pm »

Vactor, we need the banning database set up ASAP. I only asked KG to ask you to set up the database so we could ban this guy.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: April 11, 2013, 03:55:43 pm »

Vactor, we need the banning database set up ASAP. I only asked KG to ask you to set up the database so we could ban this guy.

Setting the database up is poorly documented, and lacks any method of debugging other than rebooting the server.  I only get 2 or 3 server reboots a night, if i'm focused on it, and not doing something else when the rounds end.  I could sit down and get it working, but I'd need to keep taking the server down until i get it working.  I've got most of it working anyhow, shouldn't take much longer.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: April 11, 2013, 03:58:14 pm »

Lynch mob him until then?

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3424 on: April 11, 2013, 04:04:06 pm »

Setting the database up is poorly documented, and lacks any method of debugging other than rebooting the server.  I only get 2 or 3 server reboots a night, if i'm focused on it, and not doing something else when the rounds end.  I could sit down and get it working, but I'd need to keep taking the server down until i get it working.  I've got most of it working anyhow, shouldn't take much longer.

If you need some server downtime to mess with it, I'm still running the alternate if people want a place to play.

Lynch mob him until then?

Shouldn't be necessary, admins are dealing with it.

KG
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 04:10:18 pm by kg333 »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: April 11, 2013, 04:12:43 pm »

Add this book about smut!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: April 11, 2013, 04:32:00 pm »

I wrote it, then got eaten by the singulo before it was uploaded...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: April 11, 2013, 04:41:36 pm »

I see the Singularity religion lives on, with its savior swallowing all that is good in the world.

---
I've had a hard time finding sheet music for violins with just letters. Anyone got a good source? We could certainly do with some violin music in the library.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 04:45:52 pm by BigD145 »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: April 11, 2013, 05:45:30 pm »

To whoever welded the Head of Security in a locker. Don't do that again unless you are a traitor. For one, I outrank you,. For two, that literally renders me completely helpless to actual antagonists. For three, If I was going to kill you, I would have just stunned and spaced you. It would have been painfully easy.

Do not do that to heads. Or anyone for that matter. I don't care if you think hiding in a locker is suspicious. That is the sort of behaviour I would expect on goonstation. This is a medium RP server, and you would not weld the Head of Security in a locker unless you were some sort of traitor, or had an extremely good reason. Like I tried to shoot you.

If you do that again to me or anyone else while I am security, I will give you the longest brig sentence I can justify. But I assume you're new to the game so I'll let it go this time. Although I did ask the admins to have a discussion with you about proper behaviour. (Not sure if that went through before the round ended though)

That sort of thing is considered griefing. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: April 11, 2013, 05:49:09 pm »

I see the Singularity religion lives on, with its savior swallowing all that is good in the world.

---
I've had a hard time finding sheet music for violins with just letters. Anyone got a good source? We could certainly do with some violin music in the library.

I believe this is what you are looking for: http://baystation12.net/wiki/index.php?title=Piano

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: April 11, 2013, 05:56:55 pm »

How do you enter longer bits of text on a sheet of paper? Just copy and paste small chunks and keep hitting 'write'? There must be an easier way.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: April 11, 2013, 06:14:49 pm »

How do you enter longer bits of text on a sheet of paper? Just copy and paste small chunks and keep hitting 'write'? There must be an easier way.

Nope. It's clunky as hell.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: April 11, 2013, 06:27:57 pm »

Notepad++ can do character counts and counts within a selection. This might make things easier and certainly generate less crumpled paper.

1029 characters would seem to be the limit in one paste.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 06:47:08 pm by BigD145 »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: April 11, 2013, 06:51:00 pm »

Notepad++ can do character counts and counts within a selection. This might make things easier and certainly generate less crumpled paper.

Very true. Also, the smut book was added.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: April 11, 2013, 06:58:40 pm »

Y'know, I really don't like the thought of being an admin, though, I am starting to wonder what it could be like playing as a god to a crazy chaplain. I've played the latter roles a few times, the other side seems like it could be fun.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 1654