Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123397 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3435 on: April 11, 2013, 07:12:01 pm »

Y'know, I really don't like the thought of being an admin, though, I am starting to wonder what it could be like playing as a god to a crazy chaplain. I've played the latter roles a few times, the other side seems like it could be fun.

Were you the chaplain praying to Armok the other day? If so, I was Armok.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: April 11, 2013, 10:01:48 pm »

Lizard Christ > Armok

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: April 11, 2013, 10:22:15 pm »

Vactor, we need the banning database set up ASAP. I only asked KG to ask you to set up the database so we could ban this guy.

Setting the database up is poorly documented, and lacks any method of debugging other than rebooting the server.  I only get 2 or 3 server reboots a night, if i'm focused on it, and not doing something else when the rounds end.  I could sit down and get it working, but I'd need to keep taking the server down until i get it working.  I've got most of it working anyhow, shouldn't take much longer.

I am pretty sure you can run multiple instances of dream daemon at once, you know? Just run a test server on another port while you futz with the DB and such.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: April 11, 2013, 10:33:26 pm »

I learned that Hans is pretty robust himself. Dear god, that was a really close fight.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: April 11, 2013, 10:37:26 pm »

I was watching that fight on the crew monitoring computer. Zackery was one hit away from critical (95 brute damage), and I think you weren't in much better shape either.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: April 11, 2013, 10:41:05 pm »

Well it should be working at the next round start.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: April 11, 2013, 10:53:13 pm »

I was the Traitor QM. Axl Blyant was my target. I had, last round, offered him some Liberty Caps, and he took them, so I did it again. When he agreed, I parapenned him and took off to disposals. But the frakking AI saw me and blocked it off, so I took Axl to Illicit Access and tried to kill him with the minihoe. We got into a protracted fight, and he eventually escaped, so I summoned a revolver and chased him. But the Security guy saw me and I fired at him, hitting him a few times. He captured me, and I was taken on the shuttle, but right before that, an alien showed up, and I got put into Crit. The doctor saved me and we went to get on the shuttle, but Axl blocked me in one entrance, and parked his cart there, trying to trap me. The Sec-guy ran around and dragged me into the shuttle, then Axl was trying to push me out before it launched, but he failed and we left.

This whole time, I was taunting Axl vigorously.

I learned that Hans is pretty robust himself. Dear god, that was a really close fight.

Thanks. :) It was VERY close. If you had stayed, or even THROWN the hoe at me, I probably would have gone down.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #3443 on: April 12, 2013, 12:26:58 am »

I liked your stories in the next round, Hans. It added a bit of character to the round that was needed, since the Antagonists (If there were any) didn't seem very intent on doing anything overt.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: April 12, 2013, 01:08:59 am »

I liked your stories in the next round, Hans. It added a bit of character to the round that was needed, since the Antagonists (If there were any) didn't seem very intent on doing anything overt.
Y'know, I think it's this kind of thing that I really enjoy about this game 'cos, it might not be much in the way of action packed, but it lets us see what each other's characters are like a lot better.

Were you the chaplain praying to Armok the other day? If so, I was Armok.
Ah, yes. The god that I drained all my blood for! That was indeed fun. Though it has left me wondering what other ridiculous gods I could worship, besides Armok and Lifts-Her-Tail.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: April 12, 2013, 01:56:21 am »

You couldcould worship HAMSTONE.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: April 12, 2013, 02:24:56 am »

Add this book about smut!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I wrote it, then got eaten by the singulo before it was uploaded...

I see the Singularity religion lives on, with its savior swallowing all that is good in the world.

---
I've had a hard time finding sheet music for violins with just letters. Anyone got a good source? We could certainly do with some violin music in the library.

It's not really that hard to convert any music you want to the SS13 violin, all you need is some basic music savvyness and some time. The letters are notes, the numbers before / are occidentals (which, incidentally, no pun intended, are the biggest pain in the ass to get right) and the numbers after / are for note lengths. Though you probably want to find a nice, secluded place to try and port songs, because otherwise, you might get lynched before you can finish it.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: April 12, 2013, 02:29:29 am »

Also, try to have multiple related songs per book. Store them in a txt file and upload them later.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: April 12, 2013, 02:36:14 am »

Well, you need like, more GMT+1 (or other european time) Admins if you can only admit live banning, but since the player count is at like, 3 tops when I'm around anyways, its a non-issue.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: April 12, 2013, 02:48:06 am »

Well, you need like, more GMT+1 (or other european time) Admins if you can only admit live banning, but since the player count is at like, 3 tops when I'm around anyways, its a non-issue.

Going to join in and port some Hot Club-era Stephane Grapelli from sheets I obtained.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 1654