Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121254 times)

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3090 on: April 07, 2013, 11:46:26 am »

Speaking of carp.....can they just go away? Nothing makes me want to go to the supermarket and by raw fish for target practice like getting killed by cap does.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: April 07, 2013, 11:48:14 am »

To the ~9 other people playing recently, sorry for suiciding right after borging. I had perceptual tunnel vision, I took a glance at laws and thought I knew them, and forgot about law 3.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: April 07, 2013, 12:07:02 pm »

Do the same rules about amnesia after cloning apply to pod people?

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: April 07, 2013, 12:17:40 pm »

Do the same rules about amnesia after cloning apply to pod people?

From an OOC perspective, I think they definitely should. Borgs and brains in MMIs too.

As a traitor, I might kill someone who isn't my target because they stumble across me doing something illegal. If there's a way they can be brought back and be able to identify me as their killer or as someone they saw committing a crime right before dying then there's a big incentive for me to destroy their body to keep the secret.
This isn't great OOC though because it basically means removing the player from the round. If pods didn't have amnesia though, then it would be suicidal for the traitor not to destroy bodies. Clone/pod/borg/mmi amnesia means a traitor can kill people and leave the bodies to be found and cloned without revealing themselves IC as the traitor.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: April 07, 2013, 12:33:01 pm »

Just bobbing in here to tell you guys that last night was the very best game of ss13 I ever played. I was playing (for the first time, no less) Silly Willy the clown, with my accomplice, Roland Mopsay the converted mime (also a clown). It really was fun not having any responsibilities whatsoever while entertaining/annoying the crew. These are a few of the stunts we pulled:
-lasertag in the bar, complete with mexican standoff
-naked boxing match with Roland above medbay. Got us arrested, too!
-requesting a crapton of banana's in hydroponics
-filling the entrance of security with space lube (provided by Eva Kelly, the best chemist ever), as revenge for said arrestment
-actually getting a crapton of banana's from hydroponics (best botanist ever!)
-filling the hallways (by security, heh) with banana peels
-barging into medbay, stealing the exosuit there, running around in medbay with it causing a fuss
-giving it back after a doctor said please (it was the magic word of the day!)
-trying to convince the janitor to lend us his cart
-requesting hat crates from the quertermaster, complete with stamped forms and everything
-not getting any crates, despite Roland playing the music I wrote for them on the violin (reaction from the janitor when he heard it: OH GOD MY EARS IT BUUUURNS)
-updating the newscast with HONK-related news
-endlessly annoying the QM after he stole our violin, futilly trying to get it back
-yelling CLOWN SQUAD AWAY! whenever we were done entertaining/confusing people
-get recruited into The Revolution, only to end up getting some fellow revolutionaries arrested (not on purpose! I do think recruiting us is what killed the revolution however.)

Sadly, I had to leave before round end. But Eva and Roland were there to send me off when I spaced myself out of the airlock. Roland provided the gun salutes (by honking), and I was able to tie up my 'romantic' story arc with Eva (don't worry, it was all very platonic).

To all the players who were on that round: thank you for a very awesome round, hope to do it again sometime!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 12:35:04 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: April 07, 2013, 12:42:47 pm »

The chaplain... I still have no idea what she was doing.
Jihad. My blood was boiling. I wanted to remove all alien matter from the ship.
Though, I'm pretty glad that I got the nutjob religious type across!
Just Fyi though, I had tried to kill the ninja once but he ran away so I gave up.

Though, I have to ask, has my performance last night earned me a job ban from Captain yet? Or do I have to Borg Bill Cosby again?

- Peg it to security. The emergency shuttle has docked with the station
- Countdown is less than 2 mins. The HoS is trapped in the brig office. I can't open the door. She calls "Leave me, save yourself!"
- I could C4 it open but I don't have time to do that and also get the vest!
- Also, the HoS might not want me robbing the station.
- Grab the vest. Sorry Boss!
- Leave her and save myself. Sorry Boss!
- Onto the security escape pod. 7 seconds remain to shuttle launch.
- I have achieved my objectives.

Last time I traitored I cut a dude's face off with a circular saw, but for some reason this is the one that I feel kind of bad about. I hope there's no hard feelings boss. Better luck next time
I spoke with Eva's player after that round last night, and this was brought up. Apparently if the AI hadn't locked it all down, they would have just let you take it without batting an eyelid since you'd been so nice during the round.
I suspect we've been playing far too much on the /tg/ servers.

Silly Willy the clown, with my accomplice, Roland Mopsay the converted mime (also a clown).
During my "debrief" with Eva, again, you and Roland Mopsay got a mention. We both agreed that Roland Mopsay placed in the "most Robust people of the evening" award.
You converted him well.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: April 07, 2013, 01:02:09 pm »

-requesting a crapton of banana's in hydroponics
-actually getting a crapton of banana's from hydroponics (best botanist ever!)
-filling the hallways (by security, heh) with banana peels

It's actually REALLY easy to get craptons of bananas. If my APC wasn't completely out of commission that round, I would've given you a plant bag from one of the vending machines for easier storage of the bananas. Botany has plenty of time to fill all or most requests and still work on one or two side-projects. I'm gonna be posting a small guide for Hydroponics pretty soon, cause the guide on Tgstation's wiki is really terrible. It's almost 2/3's finished, I think.
Also often called Boowells.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: April 07, 2013, 01:12:11 pm »

Welp as old Veteran, I suppose I have to give bay-station'ing it another shot

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: April 07, 2013, 03:48:30 pm »

Don't you love it when you come up with a fool proof plan, then when you execute it your key stone doesn't actually do what it says on the tin.
Bloody EMP talisman.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: April 07, 2013, 04:26:15 pm »

Don't you love it when you come up with a fool proof plan, then when you execute it your key stone doesn't actually do what it says on the tin.
Bloody EMP talisman.

The round was pretty interesting from my perspective: I broke out Alice Harshman, the Blood Knight HoS with Hair Trigger Temper (for your sanity, TVTropes links disabled). At first, it was just chasing around Clown for drawing crayon runes and punching people who pissed her off in the face.

Later, the fight with the clown got turned into basically extended round of traitor. Clown was a bit of an asshole though, what with trashing HoS office for no reason or damaging Atmospherics.

Eventually, after the clown got killed and incinerated, Captain got informed by the AI that Bad Things were happening on the Mining Outpost. Cue Cap, HoS, Warden and Detective in full gear mounting a raid on the outpost. I screwed up throwing a Grenade, leading to us breaking the windows and going through the other wing of the Outpost.

Still, even with their blades, cultists were no match to guns and riot gear and multiple stun batons and shields to the face, and as a result, the entirety of cult got brutally massacred by Sec.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: April 07, 2013, 04:31:52 pm »

Cults should never have one base of operations.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: April 07, 2013, 04:35:13 pm »

So true. Especially given how, if you are on asteroid, you can dig yourself a hidey-hole and stay there as long as your air supply is good.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: April 07, 2013, 04:44:11 pm »

So true. Especially given how, if you are on asteroid, you can dig yourself a hidey-hole and stay there as long as your air supply is good.

That won't help you.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: April 07, 2013, 04:51:21 pm »

That won't help you.

What won't?

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: April 07, 2013, 04:56:46 pm »

The round was pretty interesting from my perspective:
I'm so glad you had fun at our expense.
Sounds like you and the clown had a lot of fun, setting up a situation to remove any kind of antag progression from our round.

What won't?
You do understand that this game isn't about combat, right?
Being on the asteroid was TERRIBLE for us, but since the clown dobbed us in, it was the only place we could go.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 1654