Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2120754 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3060 on: April 06, 2013, 08:11:24 pm »

Man. That was interesting. I saved the same person twice, and fixed up a ton of other people. I do enjoy combat medic.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: April 06, 2013, 08:11:57 pm »

Welp. At least I learned a little bit more about telecomms.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: April 06, 2013, 08:12:10 pm »

The problem was that we ran out of handcuffs, and everyone was too lazy to go grab more. We seriously had eight people in the brig all at once.

I don't understand why you didn't break out the loyalty implants sooner. I get that the revs kinda need a fair chance, but it's no fun sitting in the brig for 15+ minutes. I eventually broke myself out of the normal brig with a GODDAMN LIGHT BULB.
Also often called Boowells.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: April 06, 2013, 08:16:04 pm »

The problem was that we ran out of handcuffs, and everyone was too lazy to go grab more. We seriously had eight people in the brig all at once.

I don't understand why you didn't break out the loyalty implants sooner. I get that the revs kinda need a fair chance, but it's no fun sitting in the brig for 15+ minutes. I eventually broke myself out of the normal brig with a GODDAMN LIGHT BULB.
I had my hands full with a lot of shit, I was running around non-stop. Had no time.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: April 06, 2013, 08:17:23 pm »

I got myself killed out of boredom. I was honestly tempted to just suicide, but I figured I'd give getting out a shot. Never happened, though.
Nothing important here, move along.

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: April 06, 2013, 08:19:08 pm »

This round permabrig melee was pretty good.

Spoiler: Last round craziness (click to show/hide)

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: April 06, 2013, 09:35:37 pm »

I swear to god. Every time Tycho is there, he is malf or subverted. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: April 06, 2013, 09:42:31 pm »

And I am dissapointed with myself. I could have recalled the shuttle, but when trying to fix the console I didnt think of that I needed more glass to fix it untill it was too late.
Oh, and how to purge laws before 1?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 09:47:32 pm by Ivefan »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: April 06, 2013, 10:02:00 pm »

And I am dissapointed with myself. I could have recalled the shuttle, but when trying to fix the console I didnt think of that I needed more glass to fix it untill it was too late.
I don't think you can purge those laws, the only thing you can do is get rid of the AI.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: April 06, 2013, 10:03:20 pm »

- Start as roboticist
- You are the traitor! Steal an ablative armour vest
- No miner so there's no much for me to do. I ask around and someone says we need more security
- The HoS is this really friendly and supportive character who gets me transferred in and helps me get set up. Thanks Boss!
- She offers me a choice of role. I choose warden - one of I think only 3 jobs that has access to the armoury where the ablative vest is stored. Thanks Boss!
- I don't really need to steal it now seeing as it's right next to my office. I decide to wait. Anticipating a successful traitoring with no crystals spent
- Carp are attacking! captain shows up and tells me to grab a laser and fight them
- We fight carp all over the place. This is my most protective security game yet - protecting the engineers from fishy horrors from outer space. Also, dragging engineers off for cloning. The corridors are splattered with blood.
- The shuttle gets called while I'm trying to persuade the chef not to eat the clown. Screw the clown. I've traitoring to do. Hot foot it to security.
- HoS tells me to secure the shuttle lounge. Consider ganking her, but decide not to.
- Go to the lounge. Reports the AI is rogue. 5 minutes
- Go to the library and call the AI, planning to use my traitor codewords
- The AI doesn't come... and it's locked the doors.. and one is electric!
- Pick myself up off the floor. Main radio is down. Use some codewords on the security channel but no response from the AI
- Plasma coming in through the vent
- there must be something in my PDA to deal with this! Don't expect emag to work on bolted doors, so I go for C4. I screw up the first application but a second gets me out
- Peg it to security. The emergency shuttle has docked with the station
- Countdown is less than 2 mins. The HoS is trapped in the brig office. I can't open the door. She calls "Leave me, save yourself!"
- I could C4 it open but I don't have time to do that and also get the vest!
- Also, the HoS might not want me robbing the station.
- Grab the vest. Sorry Boss!
- Leave her and save myself. Sorry Boss!
- Onto the security escape pod. 7 seconds remain to shuttle launch.
- I have achieved my objectives.

Last time I traitored I cut a dude's face off with a circular saw, but for some reason this is the one that I feel kind of bad about. I hope there's no hard feelings boss. Better luck next time

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: April 06, 2013, 10:10:57 pm »

I swear to god. Every time Tycho is there, he is malf or subverted. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Actually it's probably more like 50% now. It's just that nice Tycho is polite and boring, so no one cares/remembers.

- Pick myself up off the floor. Main radio is down. Use some codewords on the security channel but no response from the AI

AI doesn't have access to the security channel, so even if comms weren't entirely down I wouldn't have heard them. Plus I was never told the code words in the first place, so...

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: April 06, 2013, 10:23:04 pm »

I don't think you can purge those laws, the only thing you can do is get rid of the AI.
I believe you can use a PURGE module. In this instance the AI had a OneHuman module used on it, so it would be recoverable. If the AI starts as a traitor, there's no way to reform it.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: April 06, 2013, 10:48:24 pm »

So I had taken every coin, wad of space cash, and gold bar I could find and put it in the vault freezer, then retrofitted the theater storage into a bunker to protect it. When dirty looters crashed my bunker, I ran to the chapel and mass drived myself to the asteroid. I was wandering around, building a lattice to the mining base so I could carry my loot, when...

*floats off asteroid z-level with low air*
"God! Give me an air tank so that I will not suffocate! I MUST PROTECT THE MONEY!"
Your prayers have been answered!! You received the best cookie!
Axl Blyant gasps!
"DAMN YOU TO HELL, GOD!"
Your prayers have been answered!! You received the best cookie!
You hear a voice in your head... DAMN YOU TOO. FUCKWIT.
Axl Blyant gasps! *passes out, goes into critical*

Later: One of the dirty looters, Benjamin, reaches the clown shuttle and also suffocates.

DEAD: ADMIN(RedFox47) says, "ADMIN LOG: SubtleMessage: redfox47/(alien queen) -> Rabidgam3r/(Benjamin Scott) : GOD. MORTALS, STOP FUCKING DYING FROM NO AIR."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: April 06, 2013, 11:01:23 pm »

How exactly does one get on to the server? Google isn't being helpful, and I can't find anything on the Byond client. Is it not on Byond or something? Or am I just being an idiot and its right in front of my face?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: April 06, 2013, 11:18:28 pm »

Open up BYOND, then go to bookmarks. Click add bookmark, and add the IP listed on the first page. Don't go to KG's server, go to Vactor's server.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 1654