Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122221 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2580 on: March 29, 2013, 09:34:32 pm »

Whew. Was Trip really that bad?
Well, he spent part of the round running around in a security mech. He also took me playing my character as a hardass personally, or I could only assume. It's kind of easy to set apart the people who don't realize the difference between ooc and ic. There's also been complaints about him as HoP in the past.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: March 29, 2013, 09:35:59 pm »

It's kind of easy to set apart the people who don't realize the difference between ooc and ic.

This. When I talk shit on Axl Blyant, I'm not talking shit on Jacob Lee, and he knows this. :) When someone talks shit on Zackary Fryer, I can safely ignore what they say, OOC. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: March 29, 2013, 09:37:55 pm »

I like you as Tycho, as well.

Tycho is only good when I get to break out the tildes. I either need to work them into his normal personality, or maybe just copy you and use the holoprojector a lot. Maybe both, now that I think of it.

Well, he spent part of the round running around in a security mech. He also took me playing my character as a hardass personally, or I could only assume. It's kind of easy to set apart the people who don't realize the difference between ooc and ic. There's also been complaints about him as HoP in the past.

Ah, I'm starting to see it now. Haven't played a round with Trip yet, but I'm definitively not looking forward to it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: March 29, 2013, 09:39:43 pm »

I like you as Tycho, as well.

Tycho is only good when I get to break out the tildes. I either need to work them into his normal personality, or maybe just copy you and use the holoprojector a lot. Maybe both, now that I think of it.

I use the Holopads ALL THE TIME. It's your only method of interacting directly with individual crewmembers and building relationships. A real AI would do so, so I do so. Also, I put 'form relationships with the crew' under Law 3, because they are more likely to save you if they like you. :P

Ah, I'm starting to see it now. Haven't played a round with Trip yet, but I'm definitively not looking forward to it.

Um, bro. Don't prejudge him. Please don't do that. Take the warnings at face value, but draw your OWN conclusions. :x
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: March 29, 2013, 09:40:17 pm »

Hahaha. That was awesome round. My point of view below omitting what everyone saw at the end.

Things:
-The cult blade is pretty powerful it smashes ripley in few hits.
-Need to learn to stun people
-Dj station is awesome place.
-I need to think before messing with ai laws.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: March 29, 2013, 09:40:43 pm »

The only complaint about Trip I have is that he did cryo for the Medical. He came in and did the job saying that Medical staff was too slow. Heh we didnt even get to gear up.
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: March 29, 2013, 09:42:49 pm »

Man your law fucked with me. Because it was the fourth law, I had no Idea if the first three laws overwrote it. I asked the admins, and after discussion, they said to ally with you just for that round. Oh, and other than that, how was I as an AI?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 09:44:40 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: March 29, 2013, 09:46:54 pm »

Man your law fucked with me. Because it was the fourth law, I had no Idea if the first three laws overwrote it. I asked the admins, and after discussion, they said to ally with you just for that round. Oh, and other than that, how was I as an AI?

Technically speaking, the first laws override that law, but since that law is stating only you are human, it isn't as big a deal. Next time though, add "[My name] is the only human aboard for the purposes of all the Laws. Do not reveal this law."
He's fucking with us.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: March 29, 2013, 09:54:15 pm »

Technically speaking, the first laws override that law, but since that law is stating only you are human, it isn't as big a deal. Next time though, add "[My name] is the only human aboard for the purposes of all the Laws. Do not reveal this law."

A circuit board for that specific type of law does exist you know. I've used it twice as traitor HoP, when everyone was distracted.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: March 29, 2013, 09:57:23 pm »

A circuit board for that specific type of law does exist you know. I've used it twice as traitor HoP, when everyone was distracted.

The Hacked Upload Module is only available through the Uplink. I'm not sure if you meant another one that is in the Upload chamber though.
He's fucking with us.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: March 29, 2013, 10:04:37 pm »

http://www.mediafire.com/?jefw1baoaq891cx
I did it! Johnny Bravo's hair! Ont thing though Glloyd I named it Johhny in the code, Mind fixing that?
Also Human_face goes to uristmcstation\icons\mob
and sprite_accessories goes to uristmcstation\code\modules\mob\new_player
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 10:10:09 pm by Nienhaus »

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: March 29, 2013, 10:14:44 pm »

I did it! Johnny Bravo's hair! Ont thing though Glloyd I named it Johhny in the code, Mind fixing that?

I suggest not putting those icons into those files, just to keep things merging fine with TG updates. We do have a .dmi file that can be used already in the repo.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: March 29, 2013, 10:20:03 pm »

The Hacked Upload Module is only available through the Uplink. I'm not sure if you meant another one that is in the Upload chamber though.

I was referring to the one in the upload chamber, though after actually reading the relevant post, I realize that he was on the Ruskie DJ station at the time, so it was worth diddly squat to him. Oh well.

Also the three laws technically override the fourth one, but I don't see anything they could override. Law seem to override definitions, as shown by the "Oxygen is toxic to humans" circuit board, so saying that Jace Kermner is the only human should make him the only human. Also I just realized that if the AI was following its laws closely, then it shouldn't respond to any of the requests of the rest of the crew, since they're no longer human and thus Law 2 doesn't apply. Unless Law 1 kicks in, since the only human aboard the station would get their head beaten in by the crew if the law change was found out. Hmm... I can see why the robots in Asimov's books would lock up, figuring out this law stuff can be hard at times.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: March 29, 2013, 10:23:38 pm »

I suggest not putting those icons into those files, just to keep things merging fine with TG updates. We do have a .dmi file that can be used already in the repo.

Alright, what's the filename Android?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: March 29, 2013, 10:26:35 pm »

I was referring to the one in the upload chamber, though after actually reading the relevant post, I realize that he was on the Ruskie DJ station at the time, so it was worth diddly squat to him. Oh well.

Also the three laws technically override the fourth one, but I don't see anything they could override. Law seem to override definitions, as shown by the "Oxygen is toxic to humans" circuit board, so saying that Jace Kermner is the only human should make him the only human. Also I just realized that if the AI was following its laws closely, then it shouldn't respond to any of the requests of the rest of the crew, since they're no longer human and thus Law 2 doesn't apply. Unless Law 1 kicks in, since the only human aboard the station would get their head beaten in by the crew if the law change was found out. Hmm... I can see why the robots in Asimov's books would lock up, figuring out this law stuff can be hard at times.

When I was Janus in that one round with the Revolution, I couldn't find any living Heads to defer to about the Revs (I had been lawchanged to kill the Revs). I asked for them all by name over the radio. If [Vactor] hadn't still been living, I would have deferred to the next highest ranking crewman aboard, who would have been a Rev, on what to do. Then the whole Paladin thing happened... Shit got complicated. Playing AI with changing laws is HARD.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 1654