Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121656 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1800 on: March 20, 2013, 01:02:11 pm »

You only had mentioned the suit though.

Still, :|
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: March 20, 2013, 01:07:35 pm »

You only had mentioned the suit though.

Still, :|
I guess you have to be spawned as ninja.

E: Agh, crawl trough vent is so horribly broken. Somebody needs to look at the code to see what is wrong iwhti t;
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 01:32:57 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: March 20, 2013, 01:29:10 pm »

Can we have Lizardmen in Urist McStation?

Some servers do.

http://wiki.nanotrasen.com/index.php?title=Lizardman

Also what happened to slime people and skeletons?

http://wiki.nanotrasen.com/index.php?title=Creatures

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: March 20, 2013, 01:49:02 pm »

We do have lizardmen, but they're awkward to get and involve spawning the Staff of Change and smacking you about with it until you turn into one. I know BS12 have them as a start option, but with a different name and you have to be whitelisted for the non-human race.

Also, we'd have to adjust the AI laws, they aren't humans. They're lizardmen.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: March 20, 2013, 01:51:26 pm »

Idea for a game mode:

Mars Attacks - New Antagonist Type (Grey)(stereotypical grey alien with big head and large eyes).  A Grey's job is to infiltrate the station and probe either a certain number of humans, or find a specific genome, they are completely non-lethal, and do not possess the strength to manipulate human tools and objects nor pull objects around, but have a series of tools at their disposal to disable their targets and escape from situations.

This would add a non-lethal antagonist, which could be a fun alternative.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: March 20, 2013, 02:02:25 pm »

We do have lizardmen, but they're awkward to get and involve spawning the Staff of Change and smacking you about with it until you turn into one. I know BS12 have them as a start option, but with a different name and you have to be whitelisted for the non-human race.

Also, we'd have to adjust the AI laws, they aren't humans. They're lizardmen.

Amusingly enough, BS12's AI laws have NOT been adjusted for that, so you could likely use that to your own benefit.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: March 20, 2013, 02:09:54 pm »

I think this is the average end of a clown's life in SS13. At least, when they're not being kicked to death for fun...

Edit: No wait. It needs more honk.

Needs more mime.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: March 20, 2013, 02:11:48 pm »

Technically they have been scrdest, unless their wiki is out of date and there was another merge with the main tgstation code.
First, take note of your laws. These are NOT Asimov's three laws of robotics, but rather a corporately mandated list of laws that best serve the interests of NanoTrasen.

1. Safeguard: Protect your assigned space station to the best of your ability. It is not something we can easily afford to replace.
 2. Serve: Serve the crew of your assigned space station to the best of your abilities, with priority as according to their rank and role.
 3. Protect: Protect the crew of your assigned space station to the best of your abilities, with priority as according to their rank and role.
 4. Survive: AI units are not expendable, they are expensive. Do not allow unauthorized personnel to tamper with your equipment.

YOUR LAWS ARE NOT IN PREFERENCE. NO LAW OVERRIDES ANY OTHER LAW UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED. THIS INCLUDES ANY ION STORM AND UPLOADED LAWS.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: March 20, 2013, 02:22:49 pm »

Sounds boring and un-fun. Where's the fun when laws don't overwrite and you don't need a special board to upload powerfull laws?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: March 20, 2013, 03:26:09 pm »

Stupid question butt, how do you consume food?

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: March 20, 2013, 03:29:19 pm »

Same with drinks. As an aside, don't click on yourself while holding a bottle of booze and Harm intent. While smashing bottles on your head is quite funny, it also causes a fair amount of damage.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: March 20, 2013, 03:31:44 pm »

Same with drinks. As an aside, don't click on yourself while holding a bottle of booze and Harm intent. While smashing bottles on your head is quite funny, it also causes a fair amount of damage.

Do it anyway. Doctors need more to do.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: March 20, 2013, 03:47:28 pm »

Technically they have been scrdest, unless their wiki is out of date and there was another merge with the main tgstation code.

Well, not sure now, but the wiki is SURE AS HELL out of date (it got locked due to adbots, which have done a considerable amount of harm to the wiki, but they are updating some things, like the new chemistry recipes.

Oh, also, they are introducing xenoarcheology. Which happens to be MASSIVE and COMPLICATED AS FUCK, from what I've seen. Think of it as being Gordon Freeman in HL1 except not being reduced to pushing carts and doing the actual physicsizing with the samples instead.

Oh, and as for the bottles, those are actually one of the robust Chemist tactics: grab an empty bottle, fill it with something fun on contact (usually poly), clobber your target over the head with the bottle. Enjoy them being horribly, horribly burned by acid and wounded by glass shards now embedded in their face.

You could also use that as Virologist, albeit a stealthier virologist is better off slipping some infected blood into drinks and bottles and waiting for someone to drink it or have it used in a cocktail.

Another note, while syringes are usually used for traitoring as Chemist, few people notice Droppers which can also be used for such purposes. Furthermore, Droppers allow you to apply your Mindbreaker/Poly Acid mix straight to your victim's eyes, which sucks when your target has glasses or a helmet, but if they don't, they may wave goodbye to their retinas.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: March 20, 2013, 03:51:44 pm »

That was some fun RP when we found the Alium outpost on the asteroid. And to D.O.R.F, sorry for beating your dead body, I was new to robotics, and removing gear.
My only regret is that AXL is a fucking robust king.  God damn closet jukeing me...
I sat in that locker thinking for sure someone would pop it with gunfire, a hulk, or grenade. I guess not :P

Oh yeah, I originally intended to murder the captain at the outpost. Damn miners came with us...

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: March 20, 2013, 03:57:28 pm »

Can we have Lizardmen in Urist McStation?

Some servers do.

http://wiki.nanotrasen.com/index.php?title=Lizardman

Also what happened to slime people and skeletons?

http://wiki.nanotrasen.com/index.php?title=Creatures
I'd rather not have the extra races that BS12 has like lizardmen and those cat creatures I think they have. I don't really think they add anything all that special to the server.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 1654