Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121650 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1785 on: March 20, 2013, 08:27:56 am »

That was some fun RP when we found the Alium outpost on the asteroid. And to D.O.R.F, sorry for beating your dead body, I was new to robotics, and removing gear.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: March 20, 2013, 09:34:23 am »

That was some fun RP when we found the Alium outpost on the asteroid. And to D.O.R.F, sorry for beating your dead body, I was new to robotics, and removing gear.
My only regret is that AXL is a fucking robust king.  God damn closet jukeing me...
Nom nom nom

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: March 20, 2013, 10:06:07 am »

That was pretty hilariously awful, as far as trials go. We had gathered evidence, put together a trial, and then things went to hell. Radiation struck the detective blind, and the defendant deaf.  The captain (me) was sick, AND then got appendicitis on top of it.  There was no lawyer, and the HoP was so biased he was useless in the trial.  As the prosecution made their argument, the clown was also yelling his defense.  The detective punched the clown, I kept fainting throughout the trial, and then the courtroom blew up (Seriously what happened there?).  After that comms went down. 

My detective totally blew off my sentence of death for the clown, (I would have been more lenient, but I knew he was a ling and thought it would be more fun to kill him and shoot him into space so he could come back). After I had my appendix removed, I went to execute the clown myself, then the traitor CE stunned me and stole the clown, using the giant hole in the brig, apparently killing him.

During this mess, vines were taking over the west side of the station, and the singularity was loosed by the traitor CE. Apparently the janitor was also murdering people.  We could have used a genetecist that round. As captain I used all our security resources on the clown's trial, and without any real leadership the other problems were out of control. 

I had some fun with it, but I doubt I'll be playing captain again any time soon.  It's a lot of responsibility.

I got traitored halfway through that round, funnily enough after making a whole series of suspicious requests, like a case of weapons for research, and mining access to gather rare metal.   It also didn't help that the metals the miner eventually got never ended up in my lab.  Eventually I decided that I should just get things moving, and hid a singularity beacon on the station, trying to pull the singularity through my target's security office in the hopes that I could weld them inside.  I stole a hardsuit(CE's as he left it laying in his office), and then made my way around the station's exterior.  After cutting the power lines to the emitters I was running through maintenance corridors back to my lab when the CE, of all people runs into me outside of toxicology.  He starts screaming over the comms, so i hack into the security office grab the weapons, and hole up in my lab.  Axl shows up,  I get the jump on him, and get off three tazer shots, all of which are deflected before he returns fire and stuns me.

The CE then runs off to release the singularity himself.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: March 20, 2013, 10:21:32 am »

What retarded CE doesn't put on his hardsuit the second he spawns. Seriously, people. 80% of the stuff you're supposed to do will probably be in low-pressure enviroments, and if you don't store it somewhere safe, it'll probably get stolen anyway. Please tell me he at least put it in his locker.

On one side, you have RP reasons not to wear a hardsuit all the time. But on the other hand, there's no place to store it where it won't get stolen by somebody.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: March 20, 2013, 10:29:21 am »

No need for insults miauw...
With that said, when I'm an engineer I always have my hardsuit on, because as you said, you end up spending a lot of time in low pressure environments.  I do try to pop my helmet off when I'm indoors at least.  And if I'm CE you bet I'm wearing my special hardsuit. Privileges of rank and all that...

I did think there was an awful lot of antagonists that round, heh.  Why were extra people being traitored?

Anyway, I'm glad to see there aren't 100 posts about the horrible Captain Evans...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: March 20, 2013, 10:29:34 am »

For practical reasons you should always be in your hardsuit, maybe not your helmet, because emergencies do not wait for you to finish eating in the bar or doing your business in the can. You should probably take your helmet and mask off while eating. Set them on the bar counter. Own it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 10:31:53 am by BigD145 »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: March 20, 2013, 10:33:06 am »

I think this is the average end of a clown's life in SS13. At least, when they're not being kicked to death for fun...

Edit: No wait. It needs more honk.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: March 20, 2013, 10:33:28 am »

Yeah, I generally put my helmet down if I think about it too.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: March 20, 2013, 10:43:44 am »

No need for insults miauw...
With that said, when I'm an engineer I always have my hardsuit on, because as you said, you end up spending a lot of time in low pressure environments.  I do try to pop my helmet off when I'm indoors at least.  And if I'm CE you bet I'm wearing my special hardsuit. Privileges of rank and all that...

I did think there was an awful lot of antagonists that round, heh.  Why were extra people being traitored?

Anyway, I'm glad to see there aren't 100 posts about the horrible Captain Evans...

Started with two traitors, one left the server, other one only had to kill the clown and escape alive. (read: do nothing all round)  Clown was about to leave, as he was only clown because he forgot to change his preferences, so I changelinged him instead, and made his would be assassian his target.  Later on as it became apparent that the clown wasn't getting out of prison, and the round didn't seem to be moving towards an ending another admin added one more traitor, which randomly was me.

At any time there were only 1 or 2 antagonists present(and free) on a station of ~15, which is far from an awful lot.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: March 20, 2013, 10:52:14 am »

Turns out you *can* spawn facehuggers in sandbox! Yaaay!

Prepare for !!fun!! in following sandbox rounds.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 10:56:06 am by miauw62 »

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: March 20, 2013, 11:00:47 am »

Oh, I see.  Yeah I felt really bad about holding on to that clown.  I knew it was boring for him, I just wanted to kill him, shoot him into space, then be all shocked when he came back later.  Everything went wrong with that clown's trial...

I just saw the list of 4 traitors at the end and was suprised. Who killed the clown anyway? Does it count as killing a ling for your objective, even if you don't destroy the body, if they don't regenerate themselves?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: March 20, 2013, 11:02:00 am »

But we could already spawn those :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: March 20, 2013, 11:09:50 am »

But we could already spawn those :P
Not if you're no admin. Also, you can spawn ninja suits, but you can't use them. Aaaaw.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: March 20, 2013, 11:22:45 am »

Obviously a ninja would not wear the suit without also having a mask.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: March 20, 2013, 12:29:31 pm »

Obviously a ninja would not wear the suit without also having a mask.
I had all the ninja stuffs.

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 1654