Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122193 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1245 on: March 12, 2013, 12:18:35 pm »

Maybe if you kept them tightly enclosed in a space only just big enough for them.
Pretty sure that's a recipe for disaster.
Your problem is? Also, I'm slightly dissapointed by the fact that the biggest size always breaks containment.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 12, 2013, 12:19:25 pm »

Your problem is? Also, I'm slightly dissapointed by the fact that the biggest size always breaks containment.
It's great !!FUN!! but it doesn't actually accomplish our goal.

Hmm. But I don't know. Maybe a 5x5 containment field (i.e. enclosing a 5x5 space, so actually 7x7) would work...
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 12, 2013, 12:21:23 pm »

Or we could go with three smaller singularities. Like, three 2x2's or something.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: March 12, 2013, 12:23:48 pm »

the second stage of growth is 3x3, the third 5x5, the fourth is ... i don't even know. You can maintain a stable singularity between the second and third stage, so 5x5 inner, 7x7 outer would be the smallest recommended field.

There isn't, to my knowledge, a 2x2 stage (even though the wiki talks like there is).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:29:25 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 12, 2013, 12:27:18 pm »

Ah, okay. I've only actually started the singularity once and I just waited til it turned pink to turn it off. >.>
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: March 12, 2013, 12:30:55 pm »

Ah, okay. I've only actually started the singularity once and I just waited til it turned pink to turn it off. >.>
Yeh. That's the 5x5 stage, which the wiki calls 3x3 for some inexplicable reason. If you leave the PA on 0 it will cycle between that and the 3x3 stage for a long while, though it does eventually shrink to 1x1 and then a long while later, disappears.

Just remembered another question. Is there something special I have to do to get an air alarm + scrubber + vent working in a newly created area? I mean built during a game, and created with the master blueprints. I've connected them to the pipe system, and the alarm sees the scrubber and vent, but it won't toggle them from off to on.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: March 12, 2013, 12:47:38 pm »

I think the wiki should be updated, as there is a much better (and safer) way to start the singularity than the super risky way they suggest.

If you start the round by first turning the output of the 3 SMES off, you have all the time in the world to get your particle accelerater assembled/wired, and your plasma tanks charged, loaded, and collectors turned on.  In fact, you can even go outside and switch all 4 emitters on (They don't turn off, even if they have no power). At that point, you have to go back in, max out the smes input power and set auto charge to on, turn the output on, and then go back outside and switch on the generators
(Going from the inside, top middle, top left, around till you end up at top right, at that point, go up and to the right, so you're northeast of the northeast generator, and turn it on.) Then go back inside, and turn on the accelerator to 2. 

With this method, there is 0 chance to blast yourself with an emitter, and you are much less pressed for time on getting the generators up before the SMES power runs out.
The wiki makes no mention of the fact that once you turn those SMES outputs on, you are on a time limit.  The cells in the APCs will keep power up throughout this procedure, as long as you don't take a ridiculously long time.

Also, as far as I've seen, once you get the singularity to 5x5, and set output to 0, it seems to just cycle between stage 2 and 3 indefinitely. At least, I set it up that way at the beginning of a round, and like 3 or 4 hours later it was still the same, cycling between stages 2 and 3. Maybe your plasma ran out on you when it shrunk down to nothing, wlerin.  Or maybe it just takes an absurdly long time.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: March 12, 2013, 12:57:10 pm »

Or maybe it just takes an absurdly long time.
This. I've had 8+ hour rounds. If you pay attention the time it spends in stage 2 vs. stage 3 gets progressively longer as time goes on. Eventually it stops going back up to stage 3, and starts occasionally cycling to stage 1.

*dangerous secrets of the trade removed*

Actually nevermind, just keep doing it your way.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 01:07:29 pm by wlerin »

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: March 12, 2013, 01:21:28 pm »

Come on, what are your dangerous secrets? TELL ME OR I WILL RELEASE THE SINGULARITY!!!!!!1111

Actually... I'll probably release it anyway... but still, pretty please?

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 12, 2013, 01:23:13 pm »

I'll probably release it anyway...
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I'M NOT TELLING YOU! >:U

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 12, 2013, 01:35:20 pm »

Man, I wish there was actually a significant number of people on when I played.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 12, 2013, 01:41:13 pm »

I shouldn't get on, but might this weekend. Not really sure yet. So much to do.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 12, 2013, 01:50:56 pm »

I'll probably release it anyway...
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I'M NOT TELLING YOU! >:U
Well then... you'd better call the shuttle.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 12, 2013, 02:27:05 pm »

I've not played this game in like forever... gonna download byond again and give it another go XD  Hopefully you all don't throw me outta an airlock too fast.
Nom nom nom

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: March 12, 2013, 03:06:30 pm »

I've not played this game in like forever... gonna download byond again and give it another go XD  Hopefully you all don't throw me outta an airlock too fast.
Dont worry... Thats only after you've been hit with a tool box and hauled to the incinerator
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 1654