Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121994 times)

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1230 on: March 12, 2013, 05:39:40 am »

...That COULD work, seen someone trying to do it before, but did not see the results

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #1231 on: March 12, 2013, 06:48:43 am »

In Cael_'s stuff in the BS12 code which I was going through to add anomalies (I should really push that), there's a system which surrounds the whole ship in a shield but the downside is you can't pads through it and it draws a LOT of power. So I'll mess around with that tonight.
1=0

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: March 12, 2013, 07:51:03 am »

So what do you wire the radiation collectors to? The input of a SMS? And then what does the SMS go to? How is the main power network off the SMS isolated from the room power from the APC's? I couldn't find any separation when I looked, but I was rather busy trying to keep the station together...

That's a nice little compact singularity... a little too compact i guess.  Can you add extra collectors for added power generation?(Not that it's really necessary).

Also, are you supposed to be able to fill plasma tanks to 1013kpa? Or is that an oversight?

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: March 12, 2013, 10:15:37 am »

So what do you wire the radiation collectors to? The input of a SMS? And then what does the SMS go to? How is the main power network off the SMS isolated from the room power from the APC's? I couldn't find any separation when I looked, but I was rather busy trying to keep the station together...

That's a nice little compact singularity... a little too compact i guess.  Can you add extra collectors for added power generation?(Not that it's really necessary).

Also, are you supposed to be able to fill plasma tanks to 1013kpa? Or is that an oversight?

I doubt it. The singularity runs most efficiently with plasma tanks at 1013 kpa and the plasma tanks in the collectors need to be refilled periodically.
Also often called Boowells.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: March 12, 2013, 10:39:08 am »

Yeah, it's supposed to be like that. You can fill oxygen tennis to higher levels too.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: March 12, 2013, 10:50:05 am »

Yeah, it's supposed to be like that. You can fill oxygen tennis to higher levels too.
...You mean tanks, right?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: March 12, 2013, 10:51:32 am »

... Goddammit Swype.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: March 12, 2013, 11:09:57 am »

... Goddammit Swype.

I've found Swype to be utterly useless. Quick, someone make an AI based on Swype.
"I'm sorry Dave. I can't open that duck. There are no ducks on this static."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:11:35 am by BigD145 »

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: March 12, 2013, 11:11:52 am »

Oxygen tennis is a damn hard game.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: March 12, 2013, 11:35:13 am »

You mean currently or in his (soon-to-not-be-)mini-singularity? In the latter I think he just wired the collectors directly to the emitter-field loop, the accelerator, and the power main.

For the station itself, last I checked, the APC is wired to the SMES, the SMES have six different wires leading off of them, some of which are output (possibly just the one going under the northward wall), but most are input/output, either from the collectors or the solars. The two pairs of emitters on either side are powered by different wires.

This arrangement is relatively new, and possibly the reason our field keeps failing, as the emitters no longer get power directly from the APC, so the emitters fail when the SMES they are linked to does. [If power can move through deactivated SMES, then I am wrong. But it doesn't seem to.]

Can you add extra collectors for added power generation?(Not that it's really necessary).
Yes. And he did. The power generated wasn't very great, initially, and by the time the singularity was large enough to generate significant power, the collectors were gone. You could probably put collectors along the sides of the singularity chamber once it has started. Since there's already a grill there it should be easy to remove... er, well, "easy" (they're reinforced), to remove the walls and install them.

All tanks can be filled to 1013 kpa. But remember this is pressure, not volume, so an emergency oxygen tank at 1013 kpa is only holding a fraction of what a full sized oxygen tank at 1013 kpa can hold.

Now for my query. Is it possible to build a *new* SMES?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:41:01 am by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: March 12, 2013, 12:06:46 pm »

Nope. We should do something about that. Mayby trough an SMES crate.

Oh, and on Swype: I find it to be really usefull when typing things on any tablet, because I can't use my two-hands super-duper-fast typing technique on soft keyboards.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: March 12, 2013, 12:10:42 pm »

Depending on how annoying it is to code, Adding a circuit to Power Manipulation Technology in R&D and make it an advanced construction could also be good.
Ordering through cargo would probably be the easiest alternative

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: March 12, 2013, 12:14:04 pm »

Either way we'll need more SMES to build additional singularities and power up da shield.

Of course, 2-3 singularities + a shield barrier around the whole station... the lag, can you even imagine?

It should be possible to exit the shield via a few scattered generators that can be powered on or off as needed. Assuming that is possible.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:16:55 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: March 12, 2013, 12:15:49 pm »

I don't think the shield gens would generate all that much lag. The singularities tough... Maby if you kept them tightly inclosed in a space only just big enough for them.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: March 12, 2013, 12:17:28 pm »

Maybe if you kept them tightly enclosed in a space only just big enough for them.
Pretty sure that's a recipe for disaster.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:19:02 pm by wlerin »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 1654