Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122094 times)

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #825 on: March 05, 2013, 03:02:21 pm »

That's fair i suppose.

What about a singularity destroyer? An additional piece you can put in that automatically destroys the singularity if containment is breached? A saboteur can destroy a working singularity if they like.  Maybe huge singularities are only reduced, instead of outright destroyed.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 05, 2013, 03:19:49 pm »

How about adding a tool to R&D that will reduce the size of the singularity, and require 2 or 3 people to use it on the singularity to kill it completely? Or a gravity inverter type (handheld or moveable) thingy to drive the singularity in the opposite direction.

I like the idea of a nuclear reactor, but imho it still needs to be sabotagable. For example if the cooling system is removed the station will overheat, with large waves of heat spreading out slowly from the centre, and radioactive debris being spread. To shut down the meltdown you'd need to vent it or possibly mass drive the whole reactor (requiring multiple heads' ids)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 05, 2013, 03:22:38 pm »

Keep in mind that any idea needs to be as lag free as possible. The ancient plasma engine which functioned based on burning hot plasma was amazing, capable of being ejected, useful for bomb creation, or simply bombing such that it was exposed to the station. It was, however, extremely laggy eventually as atmos code became more complex.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 05, 2013, 03:25:32 pm »

Just wondering who the admin was who eventually came across the two bodies in Chemistry in a 2-person round after last nights epic 5 hour-er.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 05, 2013, 03:34:11 pm »

Hey there. So first off, what an amazing round. That was done so well. Also, that was my first time playing as security, and in the first hour I went from security officer to HoS to Acting Captain. Cool...

Anyways, I had so much fun, and some genuine scares. I.E: In the bridge, when suddenly a fire axe starts tapping on the window, but I couldn't see outside; Going into the AI core (I seriously thought I was going to get shanked in there); and getting attacked in the bridge the first time. I damn near jumped off my seat there. I'd have to say my favourite moment was at the end in Engineering right after the detective... left... And my showdown (If you could call it that) with the welder. But I really just enjoyed watching it turn from a murder mystery to a WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING HERE kind of deal. Anyways, enough of that, here it is!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well that was long, wasn't it? Well the game was 5 hours long! Give me a break. Haha, too much fun, that was an amazing game.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 05, 2013, 03:48:46 pm »

That's fair i suppose.

What about a singularity destroyer? An additional piece you can put in that automatically destroys the singularity if containment is breached? A saboteur can destroy a working singularity if they like.

Its called a bag of holding

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 05, 2013, 03:56:58 pm »

I see your point, but that also makes you unable to break back into the station from space should you need to for whatever reason.
Insulated gloves protect from the shocks and there's at least 6 of them on the station and 5 on the syndicate ship.
I don't really support electrifying all of the exterior grilles. Carps smashing the exterior windows and grilles and thus decompressing some maintenance shafts is pretty cool, imho.
After testing the lethality of my system I've discovered that wires have to be knotted to transfer their current to the objects in the tile they're in. I could make it so maintenence tunnels' windows are still vulnerable but other areas are electric. I can also have it so all external airlocks are as safe as normal to hack.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 05, 2013, 04:07:29 pm »

How about adding a tool to R&D that will reduce the size of the singularity, and require 2 or 3 people to use it on the singularity to kill it completely? Or a gravity inverter type (handheld or moveable) thingy to drive the singularity in the opposite direction.

I like the idea of a nuclear reactor, but imho it still needs to be sabotagable. For example if the cooling system is removed the station will overheat, with large waves of heat spreading out slowly from the centre, and radioactive debris being spread. To shut down the meltdown you'd need to vent it or possibly mass drive the whole reactor (requiring multiple heads' ids)
Sabotageable in a number of ways.

A traitor could:
   -Disable the cooling partially or completely
   -Rerout the primary cooling through atmos (radioactive gas for everyone)
   -Adjust the control rods up or down, or cut the control cables (Note: Need to into the core itself to cut cables)
         -Advanced: The way the reactor reacts to changes should not be 100% accurate**
   -Adjust the particle cannon
   -Replace cooling fluid by plasma...

*An advanced piece of equipment that can destroy nuclear waste, energize it and other stuff
**It always overshoots, so slowing down is hard and suddenly turning to max power isn't a very good idea.

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 05, 2013, 05:27:47 pm »

A bit late, but here's my side of the Welder round story. I was playing as Hector Petridis, the surgeon.

So yeah, with admins on is really an amazing game mode.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 05, 2013, 05:50:37 pm »

The AI pretty strongly hints that we should investigate Surgery.
The A.I. SeRun warns us that no one has been in surgery in some time, and as we enter the operating room we find it covered in gibs, with a couple of notes I couldn't read in time.
Am referenced twice for a mistake I make over the comms channel. Oh well! I'll take it as a complement.
The Service-Runtime saves the day!
Or at least points out all the rooms covered in gore so that everyone can go and throw up over it.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 05, 2013, 06:03:22 pm »

Awh, and only one mention of The Prince?

BD and me did decide that I shouldn't steal the spotlight of scariness, but I thought that I was at least being creepy enough to merit more than one mention. Also, that corpse on the stretcher was me. I don't mean to whine, I just kind of want your opinion on how I did.

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 05, 2013, 06:44:33 pm »

@Fayrik: I thought you wanted to warn us through the medical channel. Thanks to that we met up with the detective at least.

@ShoesandHats: Oh no, I only mentioned the time the Prince appeared behind me but he definitely appeared many times. I thought that since when I turned he was gone, my character didn't really see him up close but felt a chill creeping up his spine.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 05, 2013, 06:45:31 pm »

SeRun did a great job adding to the atmosphere, by the way. Holograming in person instead of just being the overwatching intangible eye of the station made things a little neater.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 05, 2013, 07:03:03 pm »

SeRun did a great job adding to the atmosphere, by the way. Holograming in person instead of just being the overwatching intangible eye of the station made things a little neater.
What if we added more holopads around the place? More places for the AI to go and pop-up and be sorta inperson.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 05, 2013, 07:12:39 pm »

Holopads are like everywhere already
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 1654