Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121736 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #795 on: March 05, 2013, 01:15:43 am »

Basically an admin dresses up as a serial killer with a welder, and runs around terrorizing the crew.

COUGH COUGH

Obligatory mention of the Chzo Mythos by Yahtzee. Especially 7 Days a Skeptic, which is by far where the greatest influence over the Welder admin event is had. If you haven't played and/or seen a Let's Play of it, go do so. Personally, I really like DeceasedCrab as a Let's Player, so I'd recommend watching it here. Although, you might want to watch 5 Days a Stranger here first, as it is the first in the series and some of the stuff might not make sense otherwise.

But man oh man, I have fond memories of a Welder event on Goonstation a couple of years ago. Shit was scary.
Also often called Boowells.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 05, 2013, 01:22:47 am »

Basically an admin dresses up as a serial killer with a welder, and runs around terrorizing the crew.

COUGH COUGH

Obligatory mention of the Chzo Mythos by Yahtzee. Especially 7 Days a Skeptic, which is by far where the greatest influence over the Welder admin event is had. If you haven't played and/or seen a Let's Play of it, go do so. Personally, I really like DeceasedCrab as a Let's Player, so I'd recommend watching it here. Although, you might want to watch 5 Days a Stranger here first, as it is the first in the series and some of the stuff might not make sense otherwise.

But man oh man, I have fond memories of a Welder event on Goonstation a couple of years ago. Shit was scary.

Apparently BD didn't like me Cabadath-ing it up, though.  :(

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 05, 2013, 01:47:05 am »

Damn, four paragraphs and I'm not even to the good stuff. I hope this isn't a boring read.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 05, 2013, 01:53:26 am »

Fantastic round. I was Detective/HoS Henry Coldsmith.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Some things might be out of order. So much happened. It was so awesome.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 05, 2013, 02:27:27 am »

I wasn't really expecting a survival horror round going into it. We had a failed welder round earlier (we managed to cut his brain out and gib his body), followed by an extended round where we all were killed by space carp. I've been mostly switching between engineering and medical, so this round I took the CMO. I'd played the nice doctor before and it was getting kind of boring, so I decided I'd be a little fouler this round. I snapped and swore at my subordinates, and smoked in the medbay while I ordered my underlings to wear a mask at all times. Good stuff.

This was a long round, and a lot happened and I'm not entirely sure I remember the order of events correctly, especially in the middle.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:41:12 am by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: March 05, 2013, 03:57:38 am »

I came up with a fun idea, if I modify the map so that the station's protected from Carp due to every exterior window (and wall, and airlock) being dangerously electrified by the full power of the singularity engine would you use it?

I'd also like to move the fire doors that are inside regular doors so they can be opened from either side. The current placement is annoying and unusually dangerous compared to the station's other safety features.

EDIT:
I went ahead and did it. Here's my map edit. It's the same as the one we're using except I've run a cable from the main engine all the way around the station, added grills in some areas to either skip small gaps or improve coverage, moved the firelocks and doors in the central hallway loop so the doors are on the inside and the firelocks are on the outside, added doors at the end of the hallways to arrivals and emergency shuttle docking, and electrified the doors to long term prisoner confinement like the windows to short term confinement.

There's also a wire in each solar access that makes it so they can be hooked up to the engine's loop to either charge their SMES from the main engine or share their output with the rest of the loop. The toxins/explosives testing area isn't covered by the extreme voltage wiring, but everywhere else is.
The extreme voltage loop is isolated from the rest of the wiring by the SMES's so most of the wiring is as safe as it was before.

Fried Carp
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:33:13 am by Leonon »

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 05, 2013, 06:43:32 am »

So, server appears empty- JOIN NAO!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 05, 2013, 06:54:24 am »

But... Then the space fishies won't be able to get in, will they? ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 05, 2013, 09:15:09 am »

What's the point of electrifying the exterior if you can simply disable carps from breaking glass? I mean seriously, how do they do this, ram their spessfish heads on it and go on unscathed or what?

E: Also, I managed to register on Centration forums. Simply google centration forum and register THERE.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 05, 2013, 11:11:09 am »

There should just be a carp catcher job. Someone wears a carp-resistant suit and has a net that catches and stores carp to be brought to xenobio or the kitchen.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 05, 2013, 11:37:00 am »

There should just be a carp catcher job. Someone wears a carp-resistant suit and has a net that catches and stores carp to be brought to xenobio or the kitchen.
One does not simply catch the space carp. One must fight the space carp first. Possibly in mordor.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 05, 2013, 11:37:32 am »

Ugh. That sounds like a job that'll be needed every round, with a lot of potential for griefing and abuse.

And... suddenly I'm a lot more open to the job. It'd be pretty hard to balance it though, so I'm not exactly endorsing it with all my might until I hear some more details.

E: Also, I managed to register on Centration forums. Simply google centration forum and register THERE.

Mind posting a couple of screenies from the site? I'm not entirely sure if I want to register for this thing without seeing a little more of it.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 05, 2013, 11:50:52 am »

I tried, but it requires a login to view the registration page.
That is hilarious. Mind if I sig it?

Go for it.

Also, I hadn't heard of Welder mode, but I really enjoyed the Chzo mythos games...glad to hear it became an SS13 gamemode.

KG

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 05, 2013, 12:01:53 pm »

I tried, but it requires a login to view the registration page.
That is hilarious. Mind if I sig it?

Go for it.

Also, I hadn't heard of Welder mode, but I really enjoyed the Chzo mythos games...glad to hear it became an SS13 gamemode. Gotta love admin creativeness! :P

KG
Actually, the Welder probably uses the "Masked Killer" equipment set from adminverbs.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 05, 2013, 12:14:16 pm »

Also, I hadn't heard of Welder mode, but I really enjoyed the Chzo mythos games...glad to hear it became an SS13 gamemode.
Yeah! I was cautious of this round as it seemed a bit one sided, but the way it played out was like a really nice interactive story.
We'd almost solved it until the CMO called the shuttle and saved the crew.

The AI pretty strongly hints that we should investigate Surgery.
Ironically enough that was a typo. I was talking to the captain over :h and forgot to put it in just as I mentioned the surgery. I was trying to avoid causing panic, but wound up botching that completely. Did mean you got to see some awesome gore though.

Oh man, I just realized I left Runtime behind :(
Oh no, you forgot your cat. Have you realised that you also forgot the Captain and the AI too?  :D
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 1654