Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121854 times)

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #765 on: March 04, 2013, 01:55:11 pm »

Alien queens cannot crawl through vents, and therefor makes vent crawling nearly useless to aliens in the macro stragety once they have a nest (since they cant bring stunned humans back through the vents to get facehugged). Once you know aliens are around, weld ALL the vents shut, contain the alien threat, then eliminate them.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 04, 2013, 02:01:07 pm »

http://wiki.nanotrasen.com/index.php?title=Infections
On that note, Spacesuits should prevent infection of the person wearing them (provided they have internals on), but should allows spreading of the disease.

Would it be hard to split diseases in 3 categories:

-Exposed to: Indicates that you have the disease on your clothes, but not yet inside the body. Spreading possible, no symptoms
-Incubating: Indicates having the diseases inside your immunesystem. No/limited symptoms, spreading possible.
-Infected: Normal disease

Diseases would move from exposed to incubating when you break your containment (ie, get out of spacesuit), and from incubating to infected after some time. Also, to get rid of the first, you'd need steamcleaning, or fire extinguishing stuff.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 04, 2013, 02:05:52 pm »

On that note, Spacesuits should prevent infection of the person wearing them (provided they have internals on), but should allows spreading of the disease.

-Exposed to: Indicates that you have the disease on your clothes, but not yet inside the body. Spreading possible, no symptoms
-Incubating: Indicates having the diseases inside your immunesystem. No/limited symptoms, spreading possible.

Diseases would move from exposed to incubating when you break your containment (ie, get out of spacesuit), and from incubating to infected after some time. Also, to get rid of the first, you'd need steamcleaning, or fire extinguishing stuff.

Exposed to status is quite pointless and tedium-inducing, if you are bloodied, it counts as exposed, otherwise it'd just make you have to change all the time in case of biohazard.

Incubating is included in the form of the various stages, with stage 1 being as you described it, and Infected being stage 5(4?).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 04, 2013, 02:07:02 pm »

Exposed to status is quite pointless and tedium-inducing, if you are bloodied, it counts as exposed, otherwise it'd just make you have to change all the time in case of biohazard.

Incubating is included in the form of the various stages, with stage 1 being as you described it, and Infected being stage 5(4?).
Stage 3 for appendicitis.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 04, 2013, 02:08:47 pm »

Stage 3 for appendicitis.

I suspect it has as many stages as the level of the highest-level symptom, so e.g. cold would just have 1, while Hyphema would have 5 and so on.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 04, 2013, 02:10:09 pm »

Can anyone use the ID computer to upgrade an ID, or do you need to already have an appropriate ID to do that?
Requires the HoP's or Captain's ID, and I assume the emag will work too? But good luck using the computer without being spotted by the AI, security, or random passerbys.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 04, 2013, 02:11:11 pm »

Can anyone use the ID computer to upgrade an ID, or do you need to already have an appropriate ID to do that?
Requires the HoP's or Captain's ID, and I assume the emag will work too? But good luck using the computer without being spotted by the AI, security, or random passerbys.
Normally, the computer comes with a spare captain ID inserted, IIRC.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 04, 2013, 02:14:01 pm »

no, thats the sign of a terribad captain

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 04, 2013, 02:43:33 pm »

If I were to somehow gain access and create an all access ID, but give it the same name as my normal ID, would it show up on the security HUD?

Just planning ahead in case I find myself as antagonist. I like to know my options, even if they are unlikely to actually work.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 04, 2013, 03:08:31 pm »

If I were to somehow gain access and create an all access ID, but give it the same name as my normal ID, would it show up on the security HUD?

Just planning ahead in case I find myself as antagonist. I like to know my options, even if they are unlikely to actually work.

Non-issue, with all access ID you can modify security records.

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 04, 2013, 03:56:55 pm »

I was just casually going on patrol down the engineering hallway, when...

General Alert:
What the fuck was that?!

Axl Blyant has been hit by Immovable Rod

I was one of the engineers (not the CE, the standard one) and as I was turning to greet you I saw that happen before my very eyes. It obliterated the particle emitter too. Also, your PDA was left forgotten on the floor near the impact point for quite a long time, then got pulverized by the third immovable rod of the round, probably there to finish the job.

--

Playing as engineer made me realize how much things like power and structural integrity are taken for granted.

Setting up the singularity is deceptively easy, but any setback (like getting wounded by an emitter) adds up to serious repercussions later, let alone major incidents like three immovable rods devastating your department.
It's the kind of job where things can go sour really fast, and when everything goes well nobody notices.

The "avoid the emitters' beam" minigame* may seem trivial, but it's still a risk, and makes you feel like an idiot if/when you get hit. Setting up the solars is the only forgiving task.

I am grateful to whoever was playing CE: you had great patience with me and I learned much from you.

*Even though it's possible to avoid having to dodge them altogether by turning the generators inside out, slipping may still happen.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 08:02:59 pm by Mimidormi »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 04, 2013, 04:03:15 pm »

Yeah, that got kind of crazy. I was moving that PA down there with you guys, and the entire hallway was completely covered in engineer blood.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 04, 2013, 04:48:38 pm »

I HATH ARRIVE.

PREPARE THYSELF FOR OCCASIONAL SHENANIGANS.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 04, 2013, 06:07:15 pm »

CENTCOMM UPDATE AVAILABLE:

One of the remakes mentioned earlier has its site going online on March 06. It's 3D and in FPP, called Centration. Give it a look.

http://www.centration.co/

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 04, 2013, 06:09:07 pm »

E: Oh, and it would be really nice if aliens couldn't crawl trough vents. It's kinda annoying that one of the strongest enemies can just pop up right next to you and instantly murderize you. Then ACCIDENTLY devour you. (Looking at you, Alien that popped up next to the CE and then ate his corpse and that later said "didn't know devour was a one-way trip")
*whistles suspiciously and walks away*

I'm going to assume that wasn't you that I killed. I had a couple reasons for killing then eating his corpse...

A) He had a hardsuit on. Since I didn't know the protection value of a hardsuit nor the damage of an alien hunter's slash attack, I just hit him until he stopped standing back up.
B) I know at least one version of this station I've played you could eat someone and later vomit them back up, and the "regurgitate" button on the Alien tab led me to believe that, for all the sense it doesn't make. Assuming I hadn't killed them yet, I ate them and was going for regurgitating them in the hive.

----
The game itself seems very picky about what vents work and which ones don't. In the locker room, where the main hive was, I could walk into the restroom area, stand on a vent, and nothing would happen if I tried to crawl through it. I then walked two tiles down and could climb through that one. It might've been welded, but I wasn't sure. A game previously, I was an admin-spawned larva in toxins storage. I tried to crawl through the vent to escape my prison, but nothing happened. No option box appeared nor any kind of failure message. I KNOW this one wasn't welded because toxins storage is traveled at the frequent rate of never and I was the first alien that whole round -- there would've been literally zero reason to weld it before that moment.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 1654