Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121804 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #720 on: March 03, 2013, 04:18:23 pm »

Still laggy, back offline while I work with it.

KG
Godspeed you crazy bastard.

Godspeed.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 03, 2013, 04:22:09 pm »

I've never seen any of the alien movies to see how people normally react, but you've just had an alien baby injected into your throat and into your digestive system. That's got to be uncomfortable enough to warrant some surgery.
Actually, most people don't know they've had something dumped next to their heart via the facehugger, and the TGstation wiki says that it's rare for anyone to remember being facehugged due to the induced oxygen deprivation and trauma.

So yeah, unless someone sees you facehugged, you've been informed, AND you've seen a chest burst, you're gonna think you have the flu or something.

The 'something' being probably the good ol' Appendicitis.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 03, 2013, 04:23:01 pm »

You can also still have the chesthugger attached to your face after you passed out, which would make the first two unnecessary.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 03, 2013, 04:27:02 pm »

I've never seen any of the alien movies to see how people normally react, but you've just had an alien baby injected into your throat and into your digestive system. That's got to be uncomfortable enough to warrant some surgery.
Actually, most people don't know they've had something dumped next to their heart via the facehugger, and the TGstation wiki says that it's rare for anyone to remember being facehugged due to the induced oxygen deprivation and trauma.

So yeah, unless someone sees you facehugged, you've been informed, AND you've seen a chest burst, you're gonna think you have the flu or something.

The 'something' being probably the good ol' Appendicitis.

Ah I remember when we had to treat Appendicitis left and right.

Normally in the aliens movie, they just don't know what happened to them. They just panic a bit when they see the facehugger, but they usually assume they're alright.
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 03, 2013, 04:28:58 pm »

I assumed that I got injected with poison or something. I don't know if the CMO was aware of chestbursters, but that was kind of a non-issue after I exploded.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #725 on: March 03, 2013, 04:36:24 pm »

I still don't think it' a very fun game mechanic. If you RP it properly, you die pretty quickly, which sucks. Generally that means that you become an alien, which (I think) is boring, since it entails practically zero RP.

It'd be better if more symptoms started showing up, so you had time to a) notice the symptoms b) Ask a doctor for a checkup, c) For the doctor to discover the foreign body, and d) For the doctor to remove the alien. Then, as long as you don't tough out whatever illness you may have and you also have a capable doctor, you won't die. Suddenly, aliens have a reason to worry about the medical clinic, because it can prevent their reproductive cycle. Not having access to the medbay suddenly becomes a tense issue, and if you know what's going on you'd still have a chance to break some bottles to attempt adhoc surgery.

Aliens are also incredibly boring to play if you get most of your enjoyment from roleplaying. Once you're an alien, SS13 turns into a 'tackle the humans' rogue like, with any discussion being limited to meta-jokes and tactical discussion.

So, that's my beef with aliens game mode. It's a little fun for the humans until you actually have to fight the things, in which case there's no dramatic tension being you're almost guaranteed to die, and it's a little fun for the aliens if all you want to do is hide and kill people.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 03, 2013, 04:38:54 pm »

I will run a temp server on my computer until KG restarts his, or when I turn my PC off for the night, whichever comes first. Click spoiler for the info.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It is running the LATEST TG build, so enjoy.

edit: I did a speedtest too, I get 20x better up speed that KG  :-\
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:04:13 pm by Android »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 03, 2013, 05:04:47 pm »

JOIN ANDROID'S SERVER GUYS.

NO LAG, PROMISE.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 03, 2013, 05:14:35 pm »

Until everyone joins it.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 03, 2013, 05:17:06 pm »

Just got off the phone with Insight, who failed to give a shit that my upload is a fraction of what it's supposed to be.  That leaves me with about 480 Kbps of upload, which BYOND uses most of the time.

I'm going to go ahead and kick the server back on for now, but lag is going to be a problem.

KG

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 03, 2013, 06:04:05 pm »

I was just casually going on patrol down the engineering hallway, when...

General Alert:
What the fuck was that?!

Axl Blyant has been hit by Immovable Rod

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 03, 2013, 06:40:30 pm »

If anyone is on KG's server, get on Androids. His is lag free, and we have twelve people at the moment.
Welcome to Reality.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 03, 2013, 06:58:52 pm »

But I enjoy looking at robotics getting zapped into space!

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 03, 2013, 08:04:54 pm »

Took my server down, hope you had fun while on it

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 03, 2013, 08:16:19 pm »

I had fun, but that round was a disorganized mess. It started with massive power outages, then my pda blew up. Everyone was puking everywhere, and half the crew was deaf from illness. It was chaos.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 1654