Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121883 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #750 on: March 04, 2013, 12:55:00 pm »

Alright, I think I have worked out an ambitious system to rework damage and maybe even make doctors USEFUL. Basically, add blood loss, pain, painkillers, synthetic blood and split brute damage into scratches and bruises. Minor scratches will heal themselves relatively quickly and give only minor blood loss and pain, while bigger ones will cause big blood loss and a lot of pain. I just need some time to type it out. Will take a lot of coding and I'm no coder, sadly.

Uh, since when are doctors not useful? Most of the things you added are included (well, not 100% sure about our branch, but BS12 has bloodloss and internal damage and internal bleeding for sure). You are expected to RP pain either way, too. I think cuts and bruises are treated differently too.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 04, 2013, 01:02:51 pm »

Well, I've tried vent crawling, but it appears to be bugged, given how it never works.
Also, I want to try virology when I next can.

Virology is fun. I could show you the ropes.

--

I learned some quite interesting facts about surgery: you can use wirecutters for ghetto surgery quite well, since they can be used as hemostat and retractor and in place of scalpel in plastic and gender surgeries. You can also use a HATCHET of all things for the latter.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 04, 2013, 01:03:10 pm »

Alright, I think I have worked out an ambitious system to rework damage and maybe even make doctors USEFUL. Basically, add blood loss, pain, painkillers, synthetic blood and split brute damage into scratches and bruises. Minor scratches will heal themselves relatively quickly and give only minor blood loss and pain, while bigger ones will cause big blood loss and a lot of pain. I just need some time to type it out. Will take a lot of coding and I'm no coder, sadly.

Uh, since when are doctors not useful? Most of the things you added are included (well, not 100% sure about our branch, but BS12 has bloodloss and internal damage and internal bleeding for sure). You are expected to RP pain either way, too. I think cuts and bruises are treated differently too.
Meh, alright. I don't think we actually have bloodloss tough. AFAIK, we only have brute and burn. Somebody could chop your arm to bits and a doctor could stroll in and bruisepack it back to normal.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 04, 2013, 01:06:09 pm »

Meh, alright. I don't think we actually have bloodloss tough. AFAIK, we only have brute and burn. Somebody could chop your arm to bits and a doctor could stroll in and bruisepack it back to normal.

It seems you were right about some things. But, if we are nice to BS12, we could ask them to lend us their code, which includes much of those, 100% sure about broken bones, internal bleeding (and bleeding out), and a couple of other things.

But if so, FOR ALL THAT IS HOLY, DON'T COPY THEIR VIROLOGY! They are using the old system /tg/ used, which is quite tedious and unfun. No, not un!!FUN!!, just boring.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 04, 2013, 01:12:04 pm »

Especially since aliens are the size of humans, if not bigger, and that humans can't crawl trough vents.

Well, isn't vent crawling limited to the small aliens; Anyway, what about the following changes.

1. If vent crawling isn't limited to small aliens(larvae, facehuggers), Make it so.
   a) Make vent crawling noisy
   Or
   b)Have the need to remove(ie kick out) the vent first. This takes some time, and allows people to anticipate aliens(and weld vents shut) while not reducing the primary useability(allowing aliens to move to unexpected positions).

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 04, 2013, 01:14:28 pm »

Especially since aliens are the size of humans, if not bigger, and that humans can't crawl trough vents.

Well, isn't vent crawling limited to the small aliens; Anyway, what about the following changes.

1. If vent crawling isn't limited to small aliens(larvae, facehuggers), Make it so.
   Or
   b)Have the need to remove(ie kick out) the vent first. This takes some time, and allows people to anticipate aliens(and weld vents shut) while not reducing the primary useability(allowing aliens to move to unexpected positions).

I like the idea of small aliens having crawl only. In their case, it's justified: they need to be able to GTFO, since they are weak. Big aliens should be able to defend just fine.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 04, 2013, 01:16:42 pm »

Or

I like the idea of small aliens having crawl only. In their case, it's justified: they need to be able to GTFO, since they are weak. Big aliens should be able to defend just fine.
Without vent crawl for drones and such there's literally no hope for aliens. Drones and such can't actually defend themselves "just fine" against an assistant with a fire extinguisher.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 04, 2013, 01:20:35 pm »

Then how come the alien rounds tend to end in a massacre of the crew?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 04, 2013, 01:29:11 pm »

And honestly, a hunter popping out of nowhere right next to you when you're on your way to engineering is no fun. Nor is the aliens being able to randomly and instantly infest everywhere due to vent crawling.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 04, 2013, 01:30:25 pm »

Is it possible to get into restricted crates, I.E. weapons, armor, etc, without the proper id somehow? As a revolutionary quartermaster, that would have been handy.
Yes, but it takes a little doing. From the wiki, ID-locked crates can be opened with:
    The correct ID
    An Emag
    Damage from a laser or shotgun
    Emitter (powers the field generators in engineering)
As a rev, the best course would be to convert the barman and have him bust open the crates with his shotgun. Or murder the Captain/HoS/HoP ASAP and take their ID.

From an RP perspective, how is a loyalty implant viewed? Should my character be horrified at the idea? Is it mind control, or does it just make you immune to being flashed by a revolutionary? And is it possible to put a loyalty chip in a traitor?
Horrified? Yes I think so, it is mind control.. Note that if you try to run or fight the implanter, you will likely get a brutal robusting.

You mean traitors in the traitor game mode? No. if you mean traitors as in revolutionaries, then yes. Most revs will be converted to loyalists after implanation, anyone who is able to 'resist' the effects of the implant is a rev leader and should be murdered immediately.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 01:36:40 pm by TripJack »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 04, 2013, 01:32:31 pm »

I say that only larva and huggers should be able to crawl trough vents. And mayby drones, but the moment they become queens they should get a big movement penalty.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 04, 2013, 01:36:26 pm »

How the frack do you vent crawl?

Or, at least, which vents do you crawl through, because all the vents I've tried to ventcrawl through (as a larva and hunter) haven't worked.

Just stand on the vent (NOT the air scrubber) and press the button.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 04, 2013, 01:46:02 pm »

Well, I've tried vent crawling, but it appears to be bugged, given how it never works.
Also, I want to try virology when I next can.

Virology is fun. I could show you the ropes.

--

I learned some quite interesting facts about surgery: you can use wirecutters for ghetto surgery quite well, since they can be used as hemostat and retractor and in place of scalpel in plastic and gender surgeries. You can also use a HATCHET of all things for the latter.
Well, I'm online playing as virology. Only guide I can find is BS12, which is outdated >:(

This space station uses tgstation, right?

http://wiki.nanotrasen.com/index.php?title=Infections
Also often called Boowells.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 04, 2013, 01:48:01 pm »

Can anyone use the ID computer to upgrade an ID, or do you need to already have an appropriate ID to do that?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 04, 2013, 01:48:57 pm »

Can anyone use the ID computer to upgrade an ID, or do you need to already have an appropriate ID to do that?
You need the appropriate ID first.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 1654