Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122738 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #615 on: March 02, 2013, 06:08:06 pm »

When we decide to break things, we do it right. Release the singularity, spread disease, release N2O in the hallways, so on...
Was there also space carp, space ninja, space aliens, (space) meteors, (space) wormholes, and bluespace (space) anomalies?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 02, 2013, 06:09:14 pm »

There were Space Carp. >.> Everyone whines when there's aliens though, and the ninja's are just too awesome for a smallish server like ours. Meteors are too laggy, wormholes are HILARIOUS, and bluespace anomalies are also awesome.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 02, 2013, 10:24:36 pm »

I am your god now mortals, tremble before me.
*brings you a human sacrifice, and does indeed tremble before you*

There were Space Carp. >.> Everyone whines when there's aliens though, and the ninja's are just too awesome for a smallish server like ours. Meteors are too laggy, wormholes are HILARIOUS, and bluespace anomalies are also awesome.
It's a shame. I'm wondering if the Space Carp code could be optimized however, as they seem to do very little to warrant those kinds of cpu cycles.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #618 on: March 02, 2013, 11:05:50 pm »

I see this thread.

I see the fun people are having.

And I ask myself,
Do I really want to go back to SS13?
A game that sucked away so much time?
Do I want to deal with the Byond engine again?
And its horrible Lag?
On a branch of code that I don't know?

And of all things, an RP server?

My 'don't's are out weighing the 'do's.

But...

Space.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 02, 2013, 11:27:29 pm »

It's a shame. I'm wondering if the Space Carp code could be optimized however, as they seem to do very little to warrant those kinds of cpu cycles.

Carp are not causing the lag on the server. KG believes its bandwidth related.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #620 on: March 03, 2013, 12:13:51 am »

Or Byond.

Something to do with how the game handles everyone's health, which puts a massive strain on the game.

Anything more with a not-so-powerful server and poof, lag.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 03, 2013, 12:17:55 am »

Or Byond.

Something to do with how the game handles everyone's health, which puts a massive strain on the game.

Anything more with a not-so-powerful server and poof, lag.

KG said the CPU he dedicated to the server was not being maxed out. That question was like the first two things I asked him after we started experiencing it.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 03, 2013, 12:20:27 am »

Revolutionaries win, best round evar.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 03, 2013, 12:24:25 am »

Can't argue with that.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 03, 2013, 12:26:22 am »

I was Head of Shitcurity. I don't think I can fully recount the madness, but DAMN, that was a great round. "Space Station 13: A BETRAYAL."

Gotta say though. Wish they'd come into cloning and saved meh  :-\ could've even used my ID to help launch the shuttle fastah
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 03, 2013, 12:28:12 am »

Fucking awesome. I enjoyed hitting on Azrayel and Lola. I then found out that LOLA was the leader of the revolution. Bloody hell.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 03, 2013, 12:29:24 am »

That was a beautiful round. Can't wait to see the full writeup of everything I missed while CE.

For anyone wondering about the codes on the comms it was
Code: [Select]
if(find($job, vector("Captain", "Head of Security", "Head of Personnel", "Chief Engineer", "Chief Medical Officer", "Research Director")))
{
$pass = false;
}

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 03, 2013, 12:29:51 am »

I was breeding slimes. When I got tired of the Captain's shit, I ran into xenobiology and unleashed my five baby and one adult slime into the room and then fed myself to the adult. Someone later opened the room and was promptly assaulted, who intentionally let the adult hook on then ran into medbay and released it. Much hilarity follows, including the Captain nearly being killed by it.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 03, 2013, 12:30:10 am »

Whoever asked me if ERP was allowed.

Why.

WHYYYYY?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 03, 2013, 12:30:18 am »

Revolutionaries win, best round evar.
You're welcome, I risked my life to get the singularity out.

Gotta say though. Wish they'd come into cloning and saved meh  :-\ could've even used my ID to help launch the shuttle fastah
I already clone you once. Atleast I tried.

Fucking awesome. I enjoyed hitting on Azrayel
I though I told you to keep away from her!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 1654