Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122391 times)

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #645 on: March 03, 2013, 12:53:18 am »

Also, I'm still trying to figure out what the deal is with the server lag.  I've noticed it skip a couple times, and I'm on the same machine.

For those curious, the server is:

A Linux Mint 12 VM running inside VirtualBox on a Windows 7 host
1 core of an AMD 965BE, 3.4GHz
2048 MB RAM dedicated to VM
Hosted on a home connection of 10 Mbps down, 1Mbps up.

It's been staying under 50% CPU usage and about 80% memory usage (no swap used), so I'm assuming bandwidth related.  I have noticed bandwidth going as high as 500Kbps at peak population, so that seems a more likely bottleneck.

There is always the possibility that BYOND just sucks, too, but not much to be done with that.

KG

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 03, 2013, 12:53:57 am »

I didn't see Kert at all during the endgame. And at no point was I part of the rebellion. Also, Kert never had a loyalty chip.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 03, 2013, 01:03:57 am »

I remembered for some reason that security and heads of staff were already implanted with loyalty implants, although that may be Baystation 12. So I thought I was pretty safe around my heads of staff.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 03, 2013, 01:04:56 am »

Security definitely did have loyalty implants.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 03, 2013, 01:05:32 am »

I remembered for some reason that security and heads of staff were already implanted with loyalty implants, although that may be Baystation 12. So I thought I was pretty safe around my heads of staff.

Head of Security and all of Security and the Captain start with loyalty implants. Generally, as Captain, if I promote someone to a higher, Head position, I'll want to give them a loyalty implant because. Um. Head of Staff. But you know, it all depends on how the RP goes.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 03, 2013, 01:07:48 am »

I didn't see Kert at all during the endgame. And at no point was I part of the rebellion. Also, Kert never had a loyalty chip.
Because KERT JOHNSON! Master of stealth! and always needed in his office for the heads to get higher IDs.

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 03, 2013, 01:09:14 am »

I unloaded 3 energy pistols into Whitaker before whipping out my flamethrower-- I was determined to finish him off and too shaky and unsure of how to do so to just strip him naked.

Honestly he never would've been found. I could even have tazed him and left him somewhere-- I just got way too jumpy in the end, iSuppose. This'll teach me to keep my cool.

I started off chipped as security. Thought all heads did but the procedure turned up blank for Kert so guess not. The general idea of the Heads was to release the singularly to make the captain abandon station. This did not work quite as intended but I'd like to think iHadn't died for nothing but robusting poor old Whit.
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 03, 2013, 01:11:11 am »

PTW

This game seems awesome. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 03, 2013, 01:12:26 am »

I unloaded 3 energy pistols into Whitaker before whipping out my flamethrower-- I was determined to finish him off and too shaky and unsure of how to do so to just strip him naked.

Honestly he never would've been found. I could even have tazed him and left him somewhere-- I just got way too jumpy in the end, iSuppose. This'll teach me to keep my cool.

I started off chipped as security. Thought all heads did but the procedure turned up blank for Kert so guess not. The general idea of the Heads was to release the singularly to make the captain abandon station. This did not work quite as intended but I'd like to think iHadn't died for nothing but robusting poor old Whit.

BTW, shuttle never arrives in Rev rounds. Or it shouldn't.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 03, 2013, 01:13:07 am »

BTW, shuttle never arrives in Rev rounds. Or it shouldn't.
Had to do it through extended, although I didn't intend to let them call the shuttle until I was dead.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 03, 2013, 01:13:26 am »

I see. That works then.
He's fucking with us.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 03, 2013, 01:15:22 am »

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #657 on: March 03, 2013, 01:22:59 am »

I was the detective, and started working with Lola, one of the few folks I saw as level-minded and actually wanting to survive, to ensure that if anything happened to me, all the evidence I'd gathered (Recordings of the captain abusing folks, pictures of the bodies, recordings of the cloak and dagger, etc) wasn't lost. I worked for all three little factions that were forming: The HoS and HoP plotting with me behind the captains back (Which I recorded, and that's also why I was so noncommittal - I didn't want to put myself plotting openly on tape); I worked with the captain and security, turning in folks who were handing out illegal drugs; and I was also working with Lola, who I thought was a third party who wanted the same thing I did (Survival and keeping everything normal).

I had no clue Lola was the Rev Leader, even at the end when we escaped the station together. It's still blowing me away.

Man, that was a good game.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 03, 2013, 01:46:17 am »

Should I post my end of the story? Kert Johnson's not as interesting as some of you guys.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 03, 2013, 01:46:46 am »

For most of the round I was the security officer. The HoS didn't do any of the grunt work, and the warden was AFK for a long time in the middle of the round.

So yeah, good game.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:57:08 am by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 1654