Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124507 times)

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #225 on: February 24, 2013, 11:57:38 am »

The only problem was the borg, he had a taser, while you only had a drill, and I can easily move from it and fight you back. I should've destroyed the borg first and then you.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 24, 2013, 11:58:49 am »

The only problem was the borg, he had a taser, while you only had a drill, and I can easily move from it and fight you back. I should've destroyed the borg first and then you.
You attacked him. Then we retaliated together.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 24, 2013, 12:08:59 pm »

Agh. Dear fucking god. I'm setting up the solars all alone, hacking trough doors to speed it up a bit, with the singularity half set up. (by me too). Trying to figure out wiring.

Suddenly, space carp.
 RAAAAEEEGGG

I was right next to the door when they got me.

E: And there are some things needing fixing. Chemical dispensers only dispense 10, 20 or 30. If you choose the "other" option and type in, for example, 15, it will just round it to 20. Oh, and votes are broken. very broken.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 12:25:40 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 24, 2013, 12:21:00 pm »

Meh. Didn't realise scapel vs hardsuit would lose to pickaxe vs labcoat so fast

Got in like 10-15 stabs, nothing. Then 3 hits from pickaxe and I'm down

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 24, 2013, 12:25:56 pm »

Pickaxes have to break rocks, they're pretty robust.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 24, 2013, 12:29:57 pm »

Meh. Didn't realise scapel vs hardsuit would lose to pickaxe vs labcoat so fast

Got in like 10-15 stabs, nothing. Then 3 hits from pickaxe and I'm down

To be fair, pickaxe to the head is pretty effective anytime, anywhere.  ;)  You did scare the everloving crap out of me, though.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 24, 2013, 12:45:30 pm »

Agh. Dear fucking god. I'm setting up the solars all alone, hacking trough doors to speed it up a bit, with the singularity half set up. (by me too). Trying to figure out wiring.

Congratulations. You are now more effective than 75% of engineers in SS13.

When standing on a wire, you can click on the tile beneath you to place a wire in the direction you're facing. (although, IIRC, clicking in a certain direction around your character will automatically change your facing, so I'd just click to the right of your character on the tile to make a wire in that direction.)
Code: [Select]
[@] (facing right) = [@-]When clicking on a tile next to you, it will create a wire going in the direction of the tile you're standing on.
[@][  ] = [@][-o ]When there's a wire on the tile next to you, you can click on the wire itself to form a complete wire. You can do this when on any side of the wire itself and it will curve the wire, which creates some nice wire artwork.
[@][ o-] = [@][--]Even if there's a wire on the tile, you can click on the tile itself to create another section without making a sort of complete circuit. It functions the same way as clicking on the wire, but it works better when you need to connect three wires.
[@][ | ] = [@][-| ]
Also often called Boowells.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 24, 2013, 01:13:07 pm »

Oh, and votes are broken. very broken.

Votes are only broken PRE-ROUND. Let a round start then run votes to your heart's content. Also, looking to add admins?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:52:32 pm by Android »

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 24, 2013, 01:56:42 pm »

Oh, and votes are broken. very broken.

Votes are only broken PRE-ROUND. Let a round start then run votes to your heart's content. Also, looking to add admins?

I PM-d KG earlier and am waiting for him to respond.
I dunno yet.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 24, 2013, 02:49:18 pm »

Congratulations. You are now more effective than 75% of engineers in SS13.

When standing on a wire, you can click on the tile beneath you to place a wire in the direction you're facing. (although, IIRC, clicking in a certain direction around your character will automatically change your facing, so I'd just click to the right of your character on the tile to make a wire in that direction.)
[@] (facing right) = [@-]When clicking on a tile next to you, it will create a wire going in the direction of the tile you're standing on.
[@][  ] = [@][-o ]When there's a wire on the tile next to you, you can click on the wire itself to form a complete wire. You can do this when on any side of the wire itself and it will curve the wire, which creates some nice wire artwork.
[@][ o-] = [@][--]Even if there's a wire on the tile, you can click on the tile itself to create another section without making a sort of complete circuit. It functions the same way as clicking on the wire, but it works better when you need to connect three wires.
[@][ | ] = [@][-| ]
Yeah, I figured it out in the next round. Also found a way to make sure it doesn't randomly curve when I don't want it to. With another guy I set up 3 solar panels and the singularity. Suddenly, meteors. Emitters seem to only need energy to start.

Why next round? Space carp. God-fucking-damn space carp.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 24, 2013, 03:05:39 pm »

[@] (facing right) = [@-]
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, this should be the last resort. Any of the other options should be used first, unless you *want* to fritter away power with pointless knots everywhere.

And on the solars it's never necessary. Stand on the tile just beyond where the wire from the station ends, with a coil in hand. Click the knot at the end of that wire, then click that wire again (not the tile). Move one space further out. Repeat until you're even with the first set of panels. (If your cursor is aligned exactly right you can just click twice, move, click twice, move, etc. keeping the mouse stationary.) Click each of the knots and then each of the wires in turn (from the station and from the arrays), until they meet in a knot in the center. Now, go *back* one square. Carefully click the wires from the arrays, once each, on the tile you just came from. This will curve them. Now go out two tiles, to the next empty square. Repeat what you did at the beginning, with clicking the knot and clicking the wire, and moving out another square. Pretty much do this until you reach the tracker, stopping to link up each array.

Do this properly, and there will be only a single knot on the entire line, where you link up with the wire from the tracker. I think you can use wire cutters on that to remove it, but I usually don't bother.

Once you finish linking up the tracker and the arrays, go back, set the array to auto at the console, make sure the battery is configured properly, and then get the next one.

And yeah, it's probably best to set up the array next to engineering before trying to start the singularity. Otherwise you'll rarely have enough power.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 03:11:03 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 24, 2013, 03:10:40 pm »

Just had a fun round, being chemist and all. Very dramatic watching Amir fight Stange. Sadly Stange won and took Amir's corpse. I wanted to clone Amir  :(

Being Space Station 13 everything went crazy. Space vines and meteoroids. Then a ninja got me killed. I got dragged to medbay (hurray!). Then some very rude person dragged me to the kitchen and started desecrating my corpse. What a terrible way to end.

To the person that did this to me, what did I do to deserve this?! (PS I know who you are.)
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 24, 2013, 03:11:40 pm »

[@] (facing right) = [@-]
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, this should be the last resort. Any of the other options should be used first, unless you *want* to fritter away power with pointless knots everywhere.

And on the solars it's never necessary.

On Solars, no, but it works great when you need to fix wires that run next to or under walls. I usually never find use of it either.
Also often called Boowells.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 24, 2013, 03:26:01 pm »

Just had a fun round, being chemist and all. Very dramatic watching Amir fight Stange. Sadly Stange won and took Amir's corpse. I wanted to clone Amir  :(

Being Space Station 13 everything went crazy. Space vines and meteoroids. Then a ninja got me killed. I got dragged to medbay (hurray!). Then some very rude person dragged me to the kitchen and started desecrating my corpse. What a terrible way to end.

To the person that did this to me, what did I do to deserve this?! (PS I know who you are.)

Stange died minutes after because of the acid I injected him with.Don't worry.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 24, 2013, 03:26:38 pm »

Injected Acid: Delayed effect, instant gratification.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 1654