Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124330 times)

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #255 on: February 24, 2013, 11:14:50 pm »

Alright, just got back from the weekend and got caught up on the thread.

Admin news:

I've added ZoomZoll as our European zone admin.

Rules coming soon:

As far as the griefing/not griefing discussion that was going on a page or two back, that's more than anything a problem with our lack of rules definition, rather than either party's fault.  I'll come up with something this week, and spin it by the current admins to make sure they're cool with it.  I'll then post them here for a few days for players to comment, and put them up on the server.

I can tell you right now, the chief guiding rule is essentially going to be "if it results in killing someone else's fun, seriously reconsider."  I would prefer to see neither people roleplayed to boredom, nor griefed to frustration, although there's always going to be times when you're the traitor's assassination target and get robusted 5 minutes into the round.  We're trying to hit a balance that's welcoming towards both roleplayers and people who would like to play SS13 as a game.

KG

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 24, 2013, 11:20:18 pm »

KG, do you know why ghost/observer seems to default to nearest speech? I have it set to All Speech in the character setup but it ignores my saving half the time it seems and goes back to nearest.

It might be just an observer thing though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 24, 2013, 11:29:25 pm »

KG, do you know why ghost/observer seems to default to nearest speech? I have it set to All Speech in the character setup but it ignores my saving half the time it seems and goes back to nearest.

It might be just an observer thing though.

I'll check into whether anything can be done about that in config.

KG

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 25, 2013, 01:17:19 am »

1. As long as you aren't a reliance to the whole station (IE, don't pick security, engineering, medical, or any commanding position), then even the most unforgiving player shouldn't harass you. I recommend your first job be bartender or cook. They're very good jobs to ease you into the RP, and you can get a grasp for the UI. Or you can pick janitor if you don't want to interact with people for your first couple games.
2. Use adminhelp if you have any questions, well if a (friendly) admin is on anyway. Avoid talking about the game in OOC chat, and don't take things too seriously. If someone blows your head off, don't rage in the OOC chat. If you have a good admin, he'll see the combat report and act accordingly. Oh, and don't use smileys in IC chat. I don't know why, but that bugs people a lot.
The smileys bug people because it's completely OOC.
Otherwise, what this guy said. As long as I don't get an antagonist role, you'll be perfectly fine...
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 25, 2013, 01:25:21 am »

Over the radio just avoid emotes altogether, in person use me " instead.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 25, 2013, 01:43:59 am »

You know slightly crazy clone guy who said he ended up in space?

Found him in a locker by accident in the ripley, before the whole derelict story. Carried him around because why not. He survived to the shuttle.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 25, 2013, 01:45:14 am »

Ahahahahaha.

Nice.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 25, 2013, 01:48:10 am »

I have decided that Liam Sealis is a highly exaggerated British stereotype Captain. He will always wear the parade tunic and cap over the armor, and always carry around the flask and smoke the cigar. And also, use the Antique Laser Pistol over any other weapon.

And he is utterly unafraid of creatures of any type. Especially if he can hunt them, Great White Hunter style. This character is very fun to play.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 25, 2013, 01:49:41 am »

Sounds like a Commissar to me. Better brush up on your Infantryman's Primer. Or whatever it's called.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 25, 2013, 01:50:21 am »

He also seemed to approve of the QM barging into the Kitchen with a Ripley and dropping off three cows, a goat, and a food crate, then stomping out and eating three burgers.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:52:53 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 25, 2013, 01:54:26 am »

Sounds like a Commissar to me. Better brush up on your Infantryman's Primer. Or whatever it's called.

Well, to an extent. Perhaps Head of Security Liam Sealis is a Commissar. "NO RETREAT! NO SURRENDER! BLAM! BLAM!"

Also, "When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, raise your arms, run in circles, scream and shout!"
And it's the Uplifting Infantryman's Primer.

He also seemed to approve of the QM barging into the Kitchen with a Ripley and dropping off three cows, a goat, and a food crate, then stomping out and eating three burgers.

He is quite unorthodox. Generally he is quite amenable to any request if you have a good reason. Note: A good reason for getting guns out of the armory is, "I want to go hunt space carp with you sir." :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 25, 2013, 02:14:42 am »

Is that something people shouldn't approve of?

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 25, 2013, 02:21:06 am »

Admin news:

RedFox47 has kindly taken up the role of Oceanic admin.  We should have most timezones covered, so hopefully the server won't be down for more than a couple hours.  I will most likely not be adding any more admins until rules are further defined, just so admins know what they're getting into.  The current list of admins is as follows:

Freshmaniscoolman
Aklyon
Electronics
ShoesandHats/Aardvarkperson
Zoomzoll
aaron32/RedFox47

Code news:

We're updated to tgstation r5777.  Pre-round voting is not fixed yet, although AI is back in its old spot.  Telecomms in now in old robotics by engineering.
Also, if you are interested in working on code, please PM me with your email, so I can get you added to the Google Code svn.

Also, I'm a derp and forgot to transfer over character setup.  You'll need to recreate your characters this time.  Next time I'll keep a copy.

KG
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 12:52:32 am by kg333 »

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 25, 2013, 02:35:21 am »

Admin news:

I've added ZoomZoll as our European zone admin.
Righty righty.Glad to be here right now.
I will be on as much as I can because I love this game just because it has its moments that you never forget.
I will be playing music whenever there is a lack of stuff going on and probably mostly observing.I will also attempt to be there as much as I can to avoid the "No admin;restart server" happening.
As for admin-ing I really really hate doing something to alter the round so if people really want something to happen I will oblige.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 25, 2013, 05:56:47 am »

We don't have many people online right now.
Derps and welps.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 1654