Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 76

Author Topic: UnReal World - Now on Steam! (3.51 Stable, 29th Jun. 2018)  (Read 168100 times)

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World - Free to play! Donate! (3.16-Beta2, 5th March 2013)
« Reply #450 on: March 15, 2013, 03:11:20 pm »

Farming really isnt required to live, its just an extra food source, you can live quite easily once you get going by hunting large game, good trap fences, a few fishing nets or the like.  By the time ive got my hut up and some decent traps in, im usually burning alot of small stacks of meat in my fireplace because I know ill never get around to eating them, what with the 100s of smoked meats in the cellars. 
  Hell, I made a cannibal who lived off only long pig and he did fine till he got stabbed in the eye by a foreign trader.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 15, 2013, 04:11:47 pm »

Anyway...Is Agriculture a feasible way of getting food for the coming years? I find hunting more fun and profitable - but this may just be me speaking. Currently at Autumn of the first year with a whole cellar full of dried elk in the hundreds :P

Beans are very nutritious, one can live on three handfuls of beans a day.  But agriculture doesn't give you hides, which are awesome.
Wait. Isn't the last sentence not-awesome? I mean, hides = foreign trader commodity! D:

Hell, I made a cannibal who lived off only long pig and he did fine till he got stabbed in the eye by a foreign trader.
I never knew your characters can be pigs...

Unless I'm missing something here.

Also, ty@ answers to my questions.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 15, 2013, 04:16:25 pm »

His point is that hides are awesome, so not getting them is a downside to farming.

Long pig (pork) is a slang for Human Flesh, since supposedly it tastes a lot like pork.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 15, 2013, 05:39:17 pm »

Long pig (pork) is a slang for Human Flesh, since supposedly it tastes a lot like pork.

Not that we know... Right? :-\
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 15, 2013, 05:45:11 pm »

Not that we know... Right? :-\

That's according to cannibal tribes, I think. Maybe have been confirmed by serial killers who eat their victims as well. Not really sure, it's not exactly a subject I have much interest in.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 15, 2013, 06:08:59 pm »

nonsense, it tastes nothing like pork

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 15, 2013, 06:43:33 pm »

nonsense, it tastes nothing like pork
It tastes like chicken, because everything tastes like chicken!

More seriously, I think comparing humans to pork stems mostly from appearance.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 15, 2013, 10:00:24 pm »

Also the fact that we are both omnivores with very similar (natural) diet and generally share somewhat alike physiology (or whatever the word would be. You know what I mean).
Love, scriver~

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 16, 2013, 11:06:36 am »

I found a small Driiki village which was devoid of villagers except two shopkeerers - one with tools, other with armors.

So I sneak behind one and insta-kill him with my axe. The other runs up to me, he has just a knife and I got lotsa of fur/leather clothes on me, so this should be easy, right?

"He stabs you perfectly in the eye."
"You die."

I:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 16, 2013, 12:41:12 pm »

I've heard that equinephobia is the "best" phobia to have, since horses are apparently extremely rare.

For starting scenarios, try the Hunting Trip Gone Wrong one. My latest character managed to snag some really nice equipment off her dead father's body, including a bow, 10 arrows, two knives, and a woodsman's axe.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 16, 2013, 04:23:08 pm »

I found a small Driiki village which was devoid of villagers except two shopkeerers - one with tools, other with armors.

So I sneak behind one and insta-kill him with my axe.[...]
Is the ally/enemy thing about NPC villages just like in DF that they're telepathic? Meaning: Hit one - everyone's against you?

Or is it different here. I've never been able to figure it out. Also...why do villagers try to kill you when you accidentally dismantle part of their housing like a shelter - I can easily remake it :/

When do villages kill you, also. I've seen them inform you to stop doing it, but what if they're too far away to inform you? KoS?

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 16, 2013, 04:39:36 pm »

I've heard that equinephobia is the "best" phobia to have, since horses are apparently extremely rare.

So rare that I'm pretty sure they're not found anywhere in-game. Also, supposedly phobias have not had an in-game effect for a few versions now. They're mostly there for roleplaying at this point.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #462 on: March 17, 2013, 12:43:06 am »

When do villages kill you, also. I've seen them inform you to stop doing it, but what if they're too far away to inform you? KoS?

Tiruin died because he picked some turnips outside the village. When he went to enter the walled village, everyone ran at him and his dog met a death in combat. Tiruin stupidly tried to fight from the wall, but a lucky hit knocked him unconscious and he met an ignominious death...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 17, 2013, 12:56:53 am »

Tiruin died because he picked some turnips outside the village. When he went to enter the walled village, everyone ran at him and his dog met a death in combat. Tiruin stupidly tried to fight from the wall, but a lucky hit knocked him unconscious and he met an ignominious death...
Hmm, so there's a perimeter of ownership?

Also, I'm a character :D

Edit:

Just found a funny, and probably game-breaking bug. You can trade food/equipment, with emphasis on the former to woodsmen/adventurers to make them your temporary ally, right?

Well, you can also get your food AND their equipment when they are. Also, their contract lasts until they die/time lapse, despite any injury.

Name removed :P

Still, now to test if villages are telepathic as like in DF.

Hypothesis: Raiding this Driik village with these Driik people as it contains iron helms and other nice iron things will result in no change in relation with other surrounding villages.

Nobody will escape due to it being fortified and having 1 tile exits. Rocks are climbable though.

Edit II:
Spoiler: Results (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 11:45:38 pm by Tiruin »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 17, 2013, 01:05:52 pm »

Now, the real question would be this. If you free the meat from a wounded ally, do the rest turn on you?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 76