Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Combat Update: Are you looking forward to it?

I'm not in this game but I like voting in the thread.
- 8 (36.4%)
Yes, especially since Nerjin hasn't gotten my character in the world yet...
- 2 (9.1%)
Yes, can't wait to lay down the smackdown.
- 4 (18.2%)
No, I liked the story driven fights more.
- 1 (4.5%)
No, I don't care for it.
- 0 (0%)
I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay with whatever.
- 7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30

Author Topic: Continent of Centria: A Multi-player Fantasy RPG: The Combat Update  (Read 38155 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Continent of Centria: A Multi-player Fantasy RPG: The Combat Update
« Reply #330 on: April 28, 2013, 05:01:34 pm »

Man all this knowledge is nice... But what about injuries? Those happen... So here's a few.

Broken Arm: Heavier weapons may not be used. -4 to all rolls involving two hands. Can stack twice. Heals in 4 Days.

Drunk: A modifier of -1 to all rolls. Receive 25% less damage from attacks. Heals in 1 Day.

Hm... But what if you want more booze? Well...

Really Drunk: A modifier of -2 to all rolls. Receive 50% less damage from attacks. Information given in updates may not be accurate. Heals in 1 Day.

Wow! Nerjin must love booze! Actually no. Quite the opposite really. But there are medicinal benefits to it. "But Nerjin" you might say "Why don't you shove your politics down my fictional characters throat?" Well I won't cause that's awful...That being said if you still want more booze after Really Drunk...

Rlkdjy Drnkuy: A modifier of -3 to all rolls. Receive 75% less damage from attacks. Movement reduced to 1. Information given is not likely to be accurate. When healed character is afflicted with Really Drunk. Lasts 1 Day.

There are others such as Sickness, Paranoia, Insanity, Missing Legs/Arms, Etc. Most of these are not things you want. So try to avoid doing something you wouldn't do in real life. Some of these can stack after all.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 29, 2013, 10:40:15 pm »

Some bad news for those of you with Soft Leather Armor. Due to how the new update works the weakest material is now Cloth. So everyone with Soft-Leather Armor is now given regular Leather Armor [a small upgrade] I apologize for this.

Furthermore, to make Enigma even easier [as it IS the newb class due to being overpowered] I am considering removing Peasant Clothing from the inventory.

Lastly: All armor currently in player possesion is of Average Quality. All spawning players benefit from this as well. Future players must roll for their armor quality.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 30, 2013, 11:41:50 am »

I see this upgrade as a good thing, I'm starting with my arm slashed here i need it.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 30, 2013, 07:24:29 pm »

There's gonna be a small delay in updates still. The combat update still needs a few tweaks before going live. Soon I promise.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 01, 2013, 07:40:03 pm »

Alright kiddos, we're nearing the point where I'm happy with the update... HOWEVER, there is an important question that must be asked:

Should melee/bow characters have the opportunity to use mana? By which I mean skills. Functioning similar to spells but are really just abilities you can use in battle. I'm thinking this should make melee characters less "Press X until you win or die" prone. Just want to ask before I throw it in there.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 01, 2013, 07:47:00 pm »

Yea.

It does make sense since every form of fighting can be trained to make you better or allow you to do things that an average person couldn't.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 01, 2013, 08:01:42 pm »

Sure I'm not against it.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 01, 2013, 08:06:34 pm »

It sounds interesting.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 01, 2013, 08:15:41 pm »

That being said: So while most people take up a small amount of space in the new database, Karlam Harghast [Mesor] takes up twice the amount of space due to his seven trillion items. I hope he is happy.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 01, 2013, 08:29:09 pm »

Lol well you are the one who let him find all those items :P.

But I'll nudge him to use them to cut the numbers down a bit.

Oh Btw it was Kalam to begin with, you made a typo and he forgot to correct you and now he's Karlam :D.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 01, 2013, 10:36:55 pm »

Instead of abilities I would go for modes. Things like being aggressive or defensive, trying to disable/disrupt or trying to injure. Trying for easy shots against the extremities or trying for potent shots to their centre. Moving a lot to gain favourable positions or holding fast to gain the most of the position you are in. It would make it less like spells with swords and more like being a one-trick pony with a versatile trick. And then you could gain skill in particular fighting modes to become the best defensive fighter in the land or something...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 01, 2013, 11:04:06 pm »

I think of mana as ones inner energies being used in a controlled way, whether this is through spells or skills. Using mana for skill/feat abilities makes alot of sense.

Melee example: Uses 2 mana, shield bash followed quickly by a hit from your weapon. (think swinging your shield at the head then bringing your other arm in to hit)

Ranged example: Uses 1 mana, Bounce an arrow off a wall to hit a target around an object. (think if your on a spiral staircase in a tower)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 01, 2013, 11:11:45 pm »

Instead of abilities I would go for modes. Things like being aggressive or defensive, trying to disable/disrupt or trying to injure. Trying for easy shots against the extremities or trying for potent shots to their centre. Moving a lot to gain favourable positions or holding fast to gain the most of the position you are in. It would make it less like spells with swords and more like being a one-trick pony with a versatile trick. And then you could gain skill in particular fighting modes to become the best defensive fighter in the land or something...

I think of mana as ones inner energies being used in a controlled way, whether this is through spells or skills. Using mana for skill/feat abilities makes alot of sense.

Well the whole reason of this was to give melee players something to do with their mana. I'm thinking a compromise is in order. Firstly there will be a few Modes that cost mana to activate but give a prolonged lesser effect [Provide Light / Wild Swings] but there will also be flat out Spells Miracles Skills that use a chunk of mana at once and give a strong but swift acting ability.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 02, 2013, 12:27:24 am »

<insert rant about D&D4)
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 02, 2013, 12:32:16 am »

<insert rant about D&D4)

As the only D&D game I've played I don't really see the issue. Granted I may be wrong and 3.5 could be the best. I don't know... I'm always open for suggestions though. Though I don't want the warriors to simply say "Smack until dead" during combat. Fights are where warriors should shine the brightest. So it, in turn, shouldn't be boring for them.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30