Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 126

Author Topic: The Age of Fire: A Modern Godhood Game (That's All, Folks)  (Read 122253 times)

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Age of Fire: A Modern Godhood Game
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2013, 03:03:20 pm »

1- he's still probably looking at apps
2-according to post stats he's least active at this time of day
3- ARE WE DONE TALKING IN CAPS NOW?
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2013, 03:05:39 pm »

I think that might have been a mispost. Obviously the game is alive - Fniff just posted earlier today.

Anyway - I wanna know what people have come up with already. Hopefully nothing similar to my concept, >_>.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2013, 03:06:04 pm »

I think that might have been a mispost. Obviously the game is alive - Fniff just posted earlier today.

Anyway - I wanna know what people have come up with already. Hopefully nothing similar to my concept, >_>.
What was your concept?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2013, 03:13:04 pm »

My character wields the mighty power of the fey mood. I predict many petty larceny charges in his future.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2013, 03:15:33 pm »

What was your concept?

You'll see! It's nothing too fancy, but I thought a modern-day god game needed her.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2013, 03:17:34 pm »

What was your concept?

You'll see! It's nothing too fancy, but I thought a modern-day god game needed her.
Her? No chance of copying from me, then.

! If you're playing who I think you are, we may be opposed.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 03:22:24 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2013, 03:31:41 pm »

Impressively cryptic. I Have absolutely no idea whats going on now.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2013, 03:34:49 pm »

Impressively cryptic. I Have absolutely no idea whats going on now.
Just suspicion on my part.

PANIC
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 03:02:31 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2013, 03:49:13 am »

Sorry guys, I've been kinda going slightly mad from sleep deprivation from the past few days, but as you all know that's the best time ever to start checking apps and writing first posts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2013, 03:52:08 am »

Sorry guys, I've been kinda going slightly mad from sleep deprivation from the past few days, but as you all know that's the best time ever to start checking apps and writing first posts!
That's how I've lived for the past several years, and I think I'm relatively sane.
*twitch*
Sig! Onol

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2013, 03:54:13 am »

*cough*Nyarlothep*cough*

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2013, 04:52:23 am »

Well, I enjoyed looking through each and every one of the applicants posts, I've decided that these shall be the movers and shakers of the Age of Fire!

Xantalos plays Merlin. The wizard who all wizards follow, the archmage, the go-to guy for magic. After being cursed into spending a thousand years as a tree, Merlin missed the Inquisitor's wrath and avoided their flames. In the spring of 2013, he has broken free from his bonds. What will become of this remnant of a bygone era? Will he ever find Arthur again? Or shall he find a new king in this city of darkness and blood? All we can say is that things aren't as simple as they were back in the days of knights and wizards. His sigil is a pentacle within a circle.

IAmAHumanElfCollaborator plays Nate Richards, college student. He was an ordinary student up until recently, when his gift shone through. He can control and summon fantastical animals. What shall he do with his new gift? Does this mere child hide the heart of a saint or of a destroyer? Can he balance the arcane with the mundane, or will he find himself becoming more and more distant from humanity? The legend of Nathan begins now. His symbol is a claw on a string.

10ebbor10 plays Robert [REDACTED], scientist. Robert was always into theoretical physics, studying at a rather famous university (Same as the one Nate is going to, coincidentally), and becoming a quantum physicist. Originally working for the government, the low budget and lack of management was not helpful to his productivity. The project was shut down after a fire occurred in essential testing areas, for which he was blamed. Now he's jobless but with new abilities. How shall the scientist explain the impossible? Will he ever get a job again with his shattered reputation? Perhaps the arcane is merely a trick of physics and not anything mythical? The answers will come, swiftly or slowly.  His symbol is the nuclear atom.

Racnor plays Elton Peterson. Elton dropped out of college to work as a mechanic to pay off his mounting student debt, but soon fell into sloth and depression as the debt seemed as large as ever. On one lonely sleep deprived night, he felt a spark within himself. Soon, his other projects lay abandoned as he worked throughout the night creating something brilliant. The next morning that brilliant thing was embedded in his chest and he had no idea what he just did. Will his new inventions solve his problems and perhaps even humanity's? Or will he continue on his life's downward trend gadgets or not? Elton's tale is a tale of the genius's path to glory and insanity. His sigil is a screwdriver turning the world.

Digital Hellhound plays Jacqueline 'Jack' Coupe. Daughter of a conman, descendant of fortune tellers, hucksters, and damned liars, Jack spent her inherited father's ill-gotten gains on gambling. Two steps away from debtor's prison, she got the lucky break of the millennia: the ability to use magical spells. They say if you tell a lie enough, it becomes true. Will she turn her life around with his new power? Will she merely use it as a way to cheat and lie with a half truth to back it up? Will she end up just like her father, stabbed in the gut in prison? It's all in the roll of the dice... Her symbol is a queen of hearts.

The Alchemist plays Lloyd Absolon. Former owner of a major manufacturing company, avid lover of the Industrial Revolution, terrible at managing factories. After losing his company to bankruptcy, he discovered his new powers and found himself a thousand leagues above humanity. He believes humanity to be a creature damned to it's own failure but with seeds of it's own redemption sown within in. Shall his new ideas bring forth this redemption of mankind? Perhaps it shall begin a second Industrial Revolution, bringing the wonder and the pain from that era back? Or perhaps he shall finish the job the Inquisitors started, making humanity into horrific automatons? They say the world is a machine, and Lloyd hopes to be the one to fix it. His sigil is a clock with factories on each gear and hand.

Caesar plays Red "Phoenix" Kirmiz, disgraced politician. This world isn't a world for the idealists, but don't tell Red that. He wished to clean the city up and get rid of the corruption, but the city was far older then him and ate him up for breakfast. The press, funded by his political rivals, noted his love for visiting brothels and gambling. This act of political assassination ruined him and took him out of the race for mayor completely. Now he's risen from the ashes once again, and is ready to change the world for the better. Will he create a new city out of the dark and broken megacity, or shall he fall once again and not get back up? Does he simply wish to be mayor, or is his goals loftier? Does he wish to be president, king, god...? The numbers are coming in now. His symbol is a phoenix flying off to lands unknown.

I shall make a game thread. This shall be the OOC thread. 

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2013, 10:48:02 am »

Oh yeah.
Sig! Onol

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2013, 11:11:05 am »

Yay. Now if you excuse me, I'll go celebrate by summoning a dragon to set fire to the college. :D

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2013, 11:18:18 am »

Here's hoping for waitlist and playerdeath.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 126