Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Namless Town (Shadow Iron Town Thread)  (Read 6057 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: Namless Town (Shadow Iron Town Thread)
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2013, 01:23:41 pm »

Name: Rand
Physical Description: A normal 10 year-old boy except with red eyes, black hair, and malicious atmosphere around him. Wears a black sleeveless shirt with a hood attached to it and normal pants and footwear.
Mental Description: A being that is actually quite old, his intelligence is quite high, and acts like a person in their mid-twenties. He tends to laugh and look down on people and loves manipulating them to torment them. Uses his 10-year old appearance to his advantage, but sometimes get's annoyed by it too when people don't take him seriously.
Backstory: What Rand is is unknown. Not even he knows. He's "lived"  (he'd died a few times but comes back eventually) since man existed and finds great entertainment in controlling them. He's been a king, a cult leader, and even an evil overlord (his favorite so far). All of which his subjects lived in poverty, war, and hell until they died. Why is he taking up adventuring in dungeons in some nameless town? Because he can and for a change of pace. His old country is probably glad to be rid of him anyways. Though he plans on turning this town into his next kingdom, but well that'll take a quite a long time and if he doesn't become bored before then.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:14:56 pm by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2013, 03:04:47 pm »

Interesting!

Name:  Systar
Physical Description: A short, slender, shady looking person in dark clothing.  Smells like he's spent a little too much time in a trash heap.  He appears human, but his skin is a bit gray, his hair is dark gray, and his eyes are also gray.  Some stubble on his face- never fully bearded, but not clean shaven.  Has a large nose and ears on a small face.
Mental Description:  Systar is untrusting and highly concerned in his own survival.  He isn't a coward and won't avoid combat as long as the odds look good and escape is unlikely.  If the going gets rough, though, don't count on him.  He is always looking for a new acquisition, though he's as likely to be interested in a sturdy rock or odd-shaped bit of metal as he is a gold piece.  Typically wanders.
Backstory:  Systar has been a wanderer all his life, and he gets by from scavenging.  Anything useful he carries with him.  He appears to be about thirty five, and typically won't discuss his past except to say he's been wandering a while.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2013, 03:30:09 pm »

((And since it looks like people are actioning as they create...))

Systar had arrived.

Through his travels he had heard of this place, though tracking down a not-really-a-town that had no name proved difficult.  He had used most of his provisions on his way here, and it looked like there was no way he was getting in the dungeon just yet.

Time to look around.

Search the area for any interesting items, preferably something usable as a weapon, but anything, really.  Even a big stick or rock would do.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2013, 03:45:23 pm »

((Hm... I haven't payed attention so I didn't know we could do that. Well I'll do the same))

Rand walks into the wagon town. Didn't take him long to find since he knew of it's existence before the first wagons even appeared here. "Hm... seems like this'll be a interesting place to turn into my next kingdom. Exploring around seems to the best option." Rand looks around and sees some pretty unusual wagons. Though the one that attracted him most was the shady looking cart. "Guess I'll start there," Rand says to himself.

Walk up to the shady looking wagon. Look at what's inside, and then ask the person here what this wagon is all about.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:11:21 pm by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2013, 02:18:44 am »

I would like a tour, thank you.

-Peter
((Something more descriptive than "Peter" would be helpful. It took me a moment to remember who you were talking to, for instance.))

"Oh, excellent! Right this way, right this way!"

With that, the spider scuttles over to the other wagons, skitters up the front of the first one, and unhooks something, causing the whole panel to fall outward into ramp. The spider rides the descending wall down before letting go at the last second and bouncing on the ground.

"And here we are! As you can see, each bed is made of the finest silk and very comfortable."

Glancing inside, the interior of the wagon looks essentially empty except for some silk sacks hanging from the ceiling. Potentially human-sized silk sacks, though presumably you'd have to curl up a bit.

Go-gul seems to understand what he means, and speaks in a crooning voice.
"Treasure."
The voice chuckles.

"Well then, you have come to the right place. Most of the others... they offer services, yes? Warm beds, hot foods, elixers of life, secrets of death... but they will want payment, yes? Very flexible, perhaps, but some want a more... focused approach. More eager to pay off their debts, mmm?"

The shadow shifts, and while you still can't make it out, you can tell that it's staring directly at you with narrowed yellow eyes.

"That is where I come in. I am a procurer of fine things... but such a distinction is in the eye of the beholder, yes? Others come to me for things, and I procure them... using well-paid agents, of course.

If you are interested, I can offer you just such an opportunity- bring me the desired item from the dungeon, receive the promised payment. Simple, no?"

Lady Fox bowed her head a moment, then put on her attractive voice.

"Oh, sorry I startled you! Who might you be? I mean, I just wanted to inquire as to prices...and why you are a talking bird. So fascinating, yes! I bet you make the best potions, right! Even as a bird. You are so very pretty, a very pretty bird, yes you are!

I mean, I'd love to try one...perhaps you could be a darling and let me take one out for a trial run? I mean, you're not short of competition here, and I am shopping around..."
She asked coyly.

Action: Above questions. Try to figure out her name and how much she's charging, why she's a bird, and if I can get a free healing potion sample. Use my beauteous charm to get her at ease.
Emotion: Swindling

[6] She coos as you scratch behind her ears, her expression about as content as you imagine an owl's can get.

"Agatha the Alchemist. Prices negotiable, usually something useful in making more potions. I guess you can have one free one."

She goes and picks a few of the flowers out back, apparently able to use her wings just like hands, and fairly quickly brews you a tall, thin red potion out of them, which she hands you.

"Yes, I would like to come in. You see, I am seeking information on this town and its inhabitants. Would you happen to know any enterprising sorts, as it were? Maybe somebody with a particular interest in property development? Or even just an ambitious mindset? I represent Green Sky Enterprises, you see, and I would like to first acquaint myself with the area and maybe even find somebody to enter a business partnership with."

Speak, gather information.
"Well yes then, here we are," he says, ushering you inside and shutting the door behind you.

The inside is clearly bigger than the outside. Normally you might amend that to say it looks bigger, but unless half of this place is some kind of mirror trick there's no real debate here. The room itself is circular, with an island in the middle and counters all around the edges. There's two doors leading elsewhere and a spiral staircase leading to a second floor, which needless to say makes the whole thing taller than the outside also. The whole place is red with gold trim, much like the outside.

There's also another rat shuffling some papers around in there, looking pretty much identical to the one showing you inside.

"Ah yes, so here we are, that's my brother and this is our workspace. Here we offer services relating to identification and archiving, and I daresay we know more about the other inhabitants than anyone else.

Ah, as for enterprising sorts, technically everyone's an enterprising sort if they're hanging around here. Property ventures... mmm, can't say I know of anything like that. Ambitious? Oh, let's see, let's see... hm, I think you'll want the shadow broker for that, hard to miss, rather ostentatiously hidden you might say, ho ho ho ho. Mm. Could also try the quartermistress, she's a bit of an ambitious streak now and then, though it's rather specialized. Reinforced wagon, you see, good for storing valuables."

Systar had arrived.

Through his travels he had heard of this place, though tracking down a not-really-a-town that had no name proved difficult.  He had used most of his provisions on his way here, and it looked like there was no way he was getting in the dungeon just yet.

Time to look around.

Search the area for any interesting items, preferably something usable as a weapon, but anything, really.  Even a big stick or rock would do.
[5] You conclusively determine that this place is unnaturally boring and clean. There's pretty much literally nothing here that isn't an adventurer or caravan accessory. The ground isn't even interesting enough to really vary in height from what you can see.

((Hm... I haven't payed attention so I didn't know we could do that. Well I'll do the same))

Rand walks into the wagon town. Didn't take him long to find since he knew of it's existence before the first wagons even appeared here. "Hm... seems like this'll be a interesting place to turn into my next kingdom. Exploring around seems to the best option." Rand looks around and sees some pretty unusual wagons. Though the one that attracted him most was the shady looking cart. "Guess I'll start there," Rand says to himself.

Walk up to the shady looking wagon. Look at what's inside, and then ask the person here what this wagon is all about.
[6] There's vicious-looking yellow eyes staring directly into yours from less than an inch away and an angry sounding hiss. That's what's in that wagon.

[1] The inhabitant doesn't respond. Either they're offended that you stuck your entire head in their wagon, or they took your exclamation of "WHAT THE-!" as rhetorical.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2013, 03:17:37 am »

Thank Matron the spider before trying the Reinforced Wagon lady again, with less male glazing

-Peter the hero.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2013, 05:36:27 am »

Having formed a rapport, Lady Fox continues with a charming smle, after sparing a moment to stash the potion into one of her fashionable red leather waistband pockets.

As manipulation went, this was a poor one, but still satisfying.

"Thank you so much, Agatha. A charitable soul is so rare these days!

Also...hmm, I'm sure we could figure out some sort of business arrangement...mutually beneficial and all that. What sort of things would you need collected from the dungeon, my new avian friend, that I might happen upon?"
She inquired with a confidants air-tell me all, I am your friend, we're in this together after all...

Action: Try to work out some sort of deal, or see what she is looking to collect. Also, make sure to take a close look at the white petal flowers, so I could identify them later when I see or smell them.
Emotion: Inquiring
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:41:31 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2013, 09:19:58 am »

Systar, Grey Wanderer

Figures.  All the good stuff was picked over already.  Perhaps there's something in the surroundings?

Search for tree to break a branch off of.  Anything that could serve as crafting material.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2013, 09:53:50 am »

Rand, Ancient Evil

'Well... this is interesting,' Rand thought to himself as he pulled his head out of the wagon. Various ways of using the creature for his entertainment sprung from his head. Getting bit by it wasn't one of them though.

Pull my head out of the wagon. Go up to the counter and ask about the creature inside.

((Btw, can we get killed while in the town?))
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 10:51:17 am by superBlast »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2013, 10:12:47 am »

Arthur O'Flaherty, Vacationing Businessman

Arthur nods his head as the rat explains more about the town. Such knowledgeable sorts are quite invaluable in any business venture. But this quartermistress also sounded like a good start for any venture. Hm.

"The quartermistress, you say? What can you tell me about her?"

Ask.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2013, 12:48:36 am »

Thank Matron the spider before trying the Reinforced Wagon lady again, with less male glazing

-Peter the hero.
[4] You successfully behave like a civil human being.

Which is to say you go over to the wagon and stare blankly at the owner. She raises an eyebrow.

Having formed a rapport, Lady Fox continues with a charming smle, after sparing a moment to stash the potion into one of her fashionable red leather waistband pockets.

As manipulation went, this was a poor one, but still satisfying.

"Thank you so much, Agatha. A charitable soul is so rare these days!

Also...hmm, I'm sure we could figure out some sort of business arrangement...mutually beneficial and all that. What sort of things would you need collected from the dungeon, my new avian friend, that I might happen upon?"
She inquired with a confidants air-tell me all, I am your friend, we're in this together after all...

Action: Try to work out some sort of deal, or see what she is looking to collect. Also, make sure to take a close look at the white petal flowers, so I could identify them later when I see or smell them.
Emotion: Inquiring

[6] Agatha lets out a pleased-sounding 'hoo' and then begins listing all manner of alchemical reagents and properties. You don't think you can remember all this, and you're not sure how much of this is actually going to be viable for you to collect.

[1] You do go admire the flowers, but they look so plain and uninteresting. How are you supposed to remember these?

Systar, Grey Wanderer

Figures.  All the good stuff was picked over already.  Perhaps there's something in the surroundings?

Search for tree to break a branch off of.  Anything that could serve as crafting material.
[4] There are no trees. You're not sure what kind of place has no trees or plants of any kind except the grass and gardens, but apparently you're in one.

Rand, Ancient Evil

'Well... this is interesting,' Rand thought to himself as he pulled his head out of the wagon. Various ways of using the creature for his entertainment sprung from his head. Getting bit by it wasn't one of them though.

Pull my head out of the wagon. Go up to the counter and ask about the creature inside.

((Btw, can we get killed while in the town?))
((Certainly. It'd be rather unusual, but it is physically possible.))

[5] You rather more politely ask about the creature inside. He shifts in there and somewhat dramatically tells you that he is a procurer of things, and that you have no need to know more than that.

Arthur nods his head as the rat explains more about the town. Such knowledgeable sorts are quite invaluable in any business venture. But this quartermistress also sounded like a good start for any venture. Hm.

"The quartermistress, you say? What can you tell me about her?"

Ask.
[6] "Oh, around yay high," one says, "Light on her feet, doesn't weigh much," the other chimes in with, "Likes pretty boys," "Goes for the strong silent type," "Known to have family in touch," "Sometimes makes trades," "Values rare artifacts," "Accepts credit, like everyone," "Knows more than she lets on!" "Extradimensional storage, of course," "Suspect she has a golden statue," "Not an ordinary statue!" "No no, rather special!" "Just not to you," "Well, I don't suppose she'd be selling it," "Or trading it," "Very sad!" "Historical loss, tsk tsk."

They seem to have gotten slightly off topic.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2013, 02:31:52 am »

Nod, and go to the reinforced wagon and wave at the clerk.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2013, 03:47:58 am »

Arthur listens to the rats' musings, making careful mental notes of each salient fact.

Keep listening to the spill of information. When they're done, bow to them.

"Thank you for your immense help. I may return later, if you don't mind."

He suddenly remembers his manners.

"Oh, wait. I forgot to introduce myself, I believe. I am Arthur O'Flaherty. And you would be?"

Whether they choose to provide their names or not, leave after bidding good day and all that. Head over to quartermistress' wagon.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 08:36:01 am by Harry Baldman »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2013, 04:30:44 am »

Rand, Ancient Evil

Well Rand already over heard that he's more or less a smuggler when he said it to the man who looks like he'd make a nice jester. Right now his interest is in the creature. While he's at that, he might as well learn of the all the other wagon owners juicy secrets. Both for potential entertainment and what valuables he can gain from them.

"Fine if you put it that way, I would like you to procure me some information then. Information counts as a thing to you right? Tell me what you want for every detail of the other wagons and their owners. Of course that includes you but I expect the price for that would be much higher nor am I expecting every detail of you and your business. I understand the need of some secrets in your kind of business. Lastly I'd like to know the price to procure that creature you have in the back for me.

None of that should be too hard to get a hold of since I'm assuming you have all that on hand already. Of course I want free sample... just to be sure you're information is trustworthy."

Start talking business with the shady man. As well as attempt to get some useful free info from him.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2013, 08:07:14 am »

Lady Foxglove Vainglorious, the third

"...and Troll Dung...or was that Troll sweat? I'll get some if I see it...alright, I'll commit them to memory." Lady Foxglove replied, nearly forgetting everything.

She then pointed to the Owls stocks, smiling politely.

"Now, for one last piece of business-do you have any alchemical cases of vials I might be able to borrow? If I have one, I can collect more things for you, sweetie. It works out for everyone, and I'll buy it off you with my first haul."

Action: Ask the owl if I can borrow some sort of case of alchemical vials or a pack that will allow me to carry more reagents back to her-profit for everyone!
Emotion: Saucy

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4