Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Namless Town (Shadow Iron Town Thread)  (Read 6060 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Namless Town (Shadow Iron Town Thread)
« on: February 15, 2013, 10:32:27 pm »

This is the town thread for Shadow Iron RTD. It's the place everyone on the waitlist can faff about in town, crafting things and talking to NPCs while waiting for those jackasses in the dungeon to hurry up so you can have a turn.

Nameless Town

Currently, there's nothing but the gate and several wagons sitting around in a giant, loose semicircle, with the open end pointed at the gate. Most appear to be made of fairly solid, dark-colored wood, and many show a similar style.

Wagon Train
There's three identical wagons attached to each other, with a fourth, more ornate one attached to one of those. The ornate wagon has what looks like a cat-sized door set near the bottom on the side.

No owner is visible.

Tower Wagon
This wagon is larger than most of the others. It's also red and gold and built in an entirely different style than the others. Finally, it's got a tower jutting up that ends in a fairly large telescope. There's a door on the side.

No owner is visible.

Kitchen Wagon
This wagon has what looks like a stove, pot, and some other cooking implements located in front of it under a tarp. Behind it, there appears to be a small pen where very large, faintly dull blue birds mill about.

What appears to be a pigman in overalls appears to be frying eggs in front.

Piglet Wagon
This wagon has little up front, but a strange, vaguely cylindrical metal device with a turncrank out back. Also out back are several small, cutish pink things that looks like piglets in a pen, and a separate, adjacent pen that appears to be growing brown-capped mushrooms.

There's what looks an awful lot like a squid playing a banjo out back.

Garden Wagon
This wagon has nothing out front, but what looks like a fenced garden out back. There's a few different types of plant visible, and you could swear some were swaying as though in time to something.

There's what appears to be an ambulatory flower, with white petals and a faced yellow core, sashaying around merrily. You can't swear it's not just part of the garden, but it looks like the only thing walking around in there.

Bubbling Wagon
This wagon has a large section on the top of one side folded down, forming a counter. What appears to be a very wide-eyed giant owl sits at said counter, looking frightened or apprehensive. There's a small flower box with white-petaled flowers growing out back, and several bubbling beakers and other alchemical-looking things sit behind the owl.

Shady Wagon
This wagon looks somehow less wholesome than the others. It doesn't help that there's a counter on which is leaning an almost entirely shadowed humanoid. It's just barely visible enough to tell that there's something there.

Reinforced Wagon
This wagon looks sturdier than the others. A lady with green skin sits at its counter, her darker green hair looking fairly plant-like. Her dress also looks leaf-patterned.

Current Heroes

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Signups:
This is the place to post signup sheets. Feel free to attempt actions immediately after joining up; there's no need to wait for my go-ahead.

Name:
Physical Description: Note that I will attempt to draw crude images of you in all your cuddly glory.
Mental Description:
Backstory:

The first five applicants will jump immediately into the dungeon. Any who come after may immediately begin town-related shenanigans.

Also, this isn't really addressed anywhere else, but you needn't be human. Different races won't have any immediate impact, but could become relevant later, especially if you work at it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 05:16:28 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Namless Town (Shadow Iron Town Thread)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 10:33:14 pm »

IN.

Name: Derm. Accept no substitutes.
Physical Description: Six foot seven, rippling muscles, bald, giant eyebrows thick horizontal anime lines in place of eyes, a handlebar mustache, and THE CHIN OF JUSTICE.
Mental Description: I CAST FIST.
Backstory: HE IS WIZARD WITH GREAT STRENGTH. SPELLS KNOWN ARE 'FIST' AND 'FOOT'. HE TRAIN IN GREAT MUSCLE WIZARD SCHOOL IN COLD NORTH. HE COMES SEEKING FORTUNE AND CHALLENGES.

HE IS MUSCLE WIZARD. HE CASTS FIST.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 10:50:29 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 10:33:56 pm »

Application incoming.

Name: Nallihen Talandr
Physical Description: A furred quarter-dragon breed, with most of his body looking human but displaying animalistic dragon ears and a long, muscular tail to boot. Looks remarkably non-threatening even though whatever fur he has is glossy black and his eyes are crimson. Usually seen wearing black pants, shirt and longcoat.
Mental Description: Determined, very stubborn and mildly naive, Nallihen tries his best to appear evil but usually fails terribly due to his appearance and his habit of steering clear from clearly evil acts such as arson, murder and jaywalking.
Backstory: Nallihen was born...He doesn't know who gave birth to him, but he does remember how his life was. Being taken in by a small orphanage with a dedicated staff and raised by women from an early age, his life wasn't bad. As he grew and started to receive education outside of his home's grounds, however, he realized being pampered and his looks coupled with the inability to live up to whatever black dragon heritage he had made him a prime target for jokes. Offended by the constant bullying, he wants to prove he can become an evil wizard, blackguard or any of the classic evil archetypes that wields dark powers and explodes people who get in their wrong side.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 08:49:48 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 10:39:27 pm »

IN.

Might as well get your picture out of the way. :P
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 10:44:12 pm »

I'm going with something a bit different this time.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 10:53:36 pm »

Name: Billy Snow
Physical Description: An awful rapper dude
Mental Description: YOu don't mess with Billy Snow, or you will get your ass kicked, yo.
Backstory: I decided I needed money to fund my awful rap albums. So I decided to go adventuring instead of sitting on my bum.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 10:54:24 pm »

Name: Ergoth MakCog
Appearance: He is a tall, short-beared dwarf. Or maybe a short, beardy, alcoholic human.
Personality: Like a mildly elfy dwarf, or a severely dwarfy human.
Backstory: He refuses to say much on it. Unless a thrown mug counts as a word.

...Yeah. It's late. Maybe I'll expand on this later. Maybe I won't.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 12:16:10 am »

Our first champion approaches! I had intended to draw him smaller and cuter but, you know, 7 feet tall.

Physical Description: A furred quarter-dragon breed, with animalistic dragon ears and a long, muscular tail to boot. Looks remarkably non-threatening even though whatever fur he has is glossy black and his eyes are crimson.
So is his face humany or dragony? I was about to try him when I realized I wasn't sure. :x

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 03:50:24 am »

Yes. Hold on.

edit: bother, sorry - thought I was modifying this post when I posted the next.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 04:17:56 am by lawastooshort »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 04:17:30 am »

Name: Heidi Mekatron
Physical Description: She is a tall, lithe, yellowy-blond human dressed in skintight red and spangly clothing.
Mental Description: A cross between a militant women's self-defence aficionado, a catburgler, and a toddler after eating two kilograms of sugar. Frequently happy, more frequently excited, she enjoys new people and new experiences, but doesn't generally have the attention span to fully appreciate them. Unless there's something shiny to be had.
Backstory: Heidi was apprenticed to the Legendary Turkish Chicken, the most famous circus performer of the Southern Hill Belt, but then one day... One day this budding acrobat saw something shiny. Something very shiny. And she took it. And ran. Since then the only thing that has interrupted the deadly focus of her kleptomania is her deadly focus on improving her acrobatic sneakiness, and also her in-depth knowledge of the location of the critically painful areas of the region's guardsmen. She would describe her hobbies as jewellery, jumping, and groin-kicking; she fled to the Nameless Town to get away from those who would describe her hobbies as theft, burglary, and violent unprovoked assault.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 05:06:09 am »

Name: Arthur O'Flaherty

Physical Description: a short, overweight, middle-aged man wearing a brown checkered suit with a white shirt and black bowtie. Gray-haired and balding, carries a large, unwieldy black suitcase wherever he goes. Wears a set of round black shades. Clean-shaven and generally well-groomed.

Mental Description: very calm and collected, never smiles or frowns or, in fact, changes his expression. Very businesslike demeanor, has a general no-nonsense attitude. Some would call him a killjoy. Arthur, if he were the sort to call people names, would call these people fools. He enjoys long walks through uncharted lands and a relaxing picnic after a day's or week's work.

Backstory: as a representative of Green Sky Enterprises, Arthur is here to examine the area for various investment opportunities that his company might be interested in. Of course, he didn't know this at the time of his leaving. He thought he was going on vacation. A later message, however, informed him that this actually is the company's idea of a paid vacation - go adventuring in dungeons, obtain treasure, have fun. And do some corporate agent work on the side, you know, so the company doesn't have to pay you for nothing. Arthur was... less than pleased when he found out.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 06:50:58 am »

Name:Peter
Physical Description: Blue haired young with red eyes and pale skin
Mental Description:Like playing the hero.
Backstory:He a kid hero so let say doomed home, a badly worded prophecy and kidnapped childhood friend.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 08:51:42 am »

So is his face humany or dragony? I was about to try him when I realized I wasn't sure. :x

Human. Edited the description to make it clearer.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 01:46:32 pm »

"So here we are in the... exotic locale of Nameless Town. An appropriate name for this 'town', as it were."

Examine tower wagon for potential owners.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 05:01:53 pm »

Talk to Reinforced Wagon's owner.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: [1] 2 3 4