Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 72

Author Topic: The Market - Turn 21  (Read 80224 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Market - Turn 15 (Always accepting new players!)
« Reply #660 on: April 04, 2013, 08:51:28 am »

Tiruin, how are you already down to 8 health? You've only gone one turn starving, and you had 10 health last turn - you should only lose one max health.
I starved @ Round 13, and r-...wait, you're right :S

Uhh. Ok, editing out the coin (thanks RAM for your descriptive answer), and them actions.

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 04, 2013, 09:20:34 am »

GG:  So to be clear, it's okay if I try to get a trade going, fail, THEN claim stasis?

No. If you try to hash out details or conduct in-game interactions, your opportunity to choose stasis has passed.

And no, coins cannot be converted back to time units. They REPRESENT one time unit but are not, actually, time units. I cannot guarantee that later in the game you won't be able to hire foreign labour or something, though... (let's just say it's unlikely)

Tiruin, how are you already down to 8 health? You've only gone one turn starving, and you had 10 health last turn - you should only lose one max health.

What if they would be possible to smelt them and create better trinket later in the game? It would be not stupid if metal jewelry would add happiness if primitive construct from basically anything gives already +1. It might be partially not in spirit of game though.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 04, 2013, 12:36:25 pm »

I'm betting coins aren't metal just yet.
It may be shiny stones or something.
They work exactly like real coins: they are utterly useless for anything but exchange.
Exchange, like food for tech, will become harder and harder, as the needs evolve. There will be more and more things exchangeable, so it'll be more and more unlikely for two people to have things each other wants. Coins are an universal intermediary, that only works if everyone accept to trade useful things for useless shinies.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 04, 2013, 12:37:35 pm »

Stasis.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 04, 2013, 04:32:50 pm »

YOU'RE KIDDING ME?

Code: [Select]
Health: 9/9
Happiness: 6/11

Conditions: Basic Hunger, Basic Dissatisfaction, pissed off.
Perks: Sharp Mind

Possessions:
-1 Plot of Empty Land (3/5)

Inventory:
-Primitive trinket

Knowledge:
Improved Farming Techniques.
Delite harvesting
Grafting

Food stock: 0

7* Grow Food
2: Relax&relax

GWG, can you give me Companion Planting next turn? shouldn't be that hard since you produce 2 food per turn withboth Grafting and Companion Planting... right?
Sure.

also tattle on you for going from 16/30 to 26/30 with 3 ap.

The offer of food to a1s is delayed...
Oops. Gods damn my changing actions halfway through! Fixing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 04, 2013, 09:28:47 pm »

Ugh. Too tired. Too tired to do counts. To tired to roll. Too tired to right up new ability that comes with your sweet sixteenth.

Will try to post tomorrow. Sorry. Now sleep.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 04, 2013, 09:50:20 pm »

Tattle on GM: WRITE, not RIGHT.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 04, 2013, 10:01:39 pm »

Tattle on GWG: Inconsiderate abuse of the tattle system for not being humane enough to consider a guy sleeping.

Because seriously. There will come a time in your life where Sleep = More than Gold. :I

Rest well Glyph, we're anxious for that good fortune we're probably going to get from the recent...plague. Hopefully, there's some literal silver lining on the clouds. All we need is rain. ;P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 04, 2013, 10:05:33 pm »

Tattle on Tiruin for impeding attempts to get more time and initiating a series of counter-tattles?
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 04, 2013, 10:07:27 pm »

You're all a bunch of narks.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 04, 2013, 10:50:35 pm »

We're...police informers? Had to google that one; new word added to dictionary anyway :P

@GWG: That was just me adding to your post there, s'cuse the pun. Wasn't trying to get more ap, or else I would've bolded it and added it to my sheet post.

GlyphGryph: I believe we can only research one thing, ONCE, right? Meaning that you can't keep on researching Improved Farming Techniques over and over again, right?

...On that note, I should've just asked others who were willing to teach me their knowledge. Hmm.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 05, 2013, 01:16:34 am »

So are we allowed to have health above our maximum? Because otherwise I am going to tattle on RAM for having 10/9 health.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 01:18:39 am by RulerOfNothing »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 05, 2013, 01:20:09 am »

So are we allowed to have health above our maximum? Because otherwise I am going to tattle on RAM for having 10/9 health.
I already have, glyph hasnt replied to it yet.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 05, 2013, 05:00:33 am »

So are we allowed to have health above our maximum?
No that would be stupid. You can't have something above the maximum. Otherwise it wouldn't be the maximum.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 05, 2013, 05:02:32 am »

GlyphGryph: I believe we can only research one thing, ONCE, right? Meaning that you can't keep on researching Improved Farming Techniques over and over again, right?

Researching is the action you use to gain access to a piece of knowledge. You can gain access as many times as you want, if you really want, but no to the implied question, it won't actually help you out at all.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 07:36:55 am by GlyphGryph »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 72