Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 72

Author Topic: The Market - Turn 21  (Read 80230 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Market - Turn 15 (Always accepting new players!)
« Reply #630 on: April 03, 2013, 09:47:35 pm »

...well. Maybe that was the wrong thing to say.
ROUND 14 HAS ENDED

Important notes: Kashyyk, you used more actions than you had, as pointed out by a1s. You lose your last two actions, meaning you didn't finish growing a food last turn, meaning you starved. When a1s recovers from stasis, he will get a bonus 4ap for his tattle in such a serious situation.

Your event cards for the day are...
Drought! Grow Food actions this turn produce half as much food, rounded down.
Pox Outbreak! A random player acquires The Pox. (-1 happiness per turn, 1 turn dormancy, 25% infect, 20% recover)

Something has happened...
Kashyyk pushes the frontier! He discovers a Large Wampoon Claim (350 Wampoon Capacity).

ROUND 15 BEGINS
Note that the Pox outbreak has a dormancy - this means that the disease is not visible, but is still infectious.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Market - Turn 14 (Always accepting new players!)
« Reply #631 on: April 03, 2013, 09:49:12 pm »

Also important to remember - only those who posted a turn last turn are in the running for acquiring the pox, and only those who posted a turn last turn are effected by the drought.

And Tiruin gets a bonus 2ap for pointing out the lack of a "stasis" action in the first post.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 09:51:57 pm by GlyphGryph »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Market - Turn 15` (Always accepting new players!)
« Reply #632 on: April 03, 2013, 09:52:43 pm »

That is one stacked deck.

Given drought, is anyone able to sell me some food this turn?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 03, 2013, 09:58:31 pm »

There are 13 cards in the event deck. 3 of them are bad, 3 of them are very bad. Let's review the last three turns:
Pests
Pests and Bad Omens
Drought and Pox

At this rate, next turn will be terrible injury and disease mutation, and that will be an improvement, hah!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: The Market
« Reply #634 on: April 03, 2013, 10:02:09 pm »

Code: (stat sheet) [Select]
Player:Unholy_Pariah
Health: 9/9
Happiness: 9/10

Trait: Hard Worker (-1 time for resource and labour actions)

Conditions:
Basic Hunger: Consume 1 "food" each turn or reduce your maximum health by one due to starvation.
Basic Dissatisfaction: Lose 1 happiness each turn for every 10 points, rounded down, of maximum happiness.
Basic Recovery: Regain 1 lost hp, up to max, at the beginning of each turn

Inventory:
0 food
1 Primitive trinket (Stone Toaster Statue)

Knowledge:
Improved farming techniques (Reduces the cost of Grow Food by 1.)
Irrigation (Allows the creation of an "Irrigated Field" attached to a Plot of Empty Land increasing the amount of food produced by grow food actions on that plot by 1.)
Delite extraction.

Property:

1 Plot of Empty Land (5/5)
1 Plot of Empty Land (5/5)

In Progress:
Irrigate Field, plot 2 (10,14)

Tasks:
tattle on ram - current hp above maximum
Code: (Character Sheet) [Select]
Player: RAM
Health: 10/9: -0
Happiness: 12/12: -0

(4 to 14/14) irrigate field
(5+tattle to 6/6) grow food.

If tattle fails, stasis.

Gah... 1 more TU and i could irrigate my plot and feed myself... i may have to stasis and deal with the drought later :(

Thank you Obi Ram Kinobi, you have hopefully saved me again.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:52:24 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Market - Turn 11 (Always accepting new players!)
« Reply #635 on: April 03, 2013, 10:02:32 pm »

Code: [Select]
Health: 10/10
Happiness: 8/10
Basic Hunger and Dissatisfaction
Basic Recovery
Sharp Mind
Primitive Trinket (Puzzle Dragon Amulet)
Primitive Trinket (Globe from Kashyyk)
2 plots (empty land)
-5 food each
Improved Farming Techniques
Irrigated Fields
Grafting
Companion Planting

Crop Rotation (16/30)

(7*) Grow Food.
(3 to 19/30) Research Crop Rotation.

[/quote]
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 04:35:11 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 03, 2013, 10:03:14 pm »

A new action is available!
Any player may choost to pass their turn, by saying so or not voting. This indicates the player is taking the Stasisz action. Absolutely nothing changes for this player - they do not consume resources, they can not recover from illness, and anything that happens at the beginning of the next turn does not effect them, their inventory, or their holdings. They may not interact with other players, or even post anything accept their desire to take the stasis action (or, better yet, they can avoid posting at all). When a player emerges from Stasis, they process the results of their last, real turn - this means that although they are posting an action with other players, any diseases that struck them, any resources lost, and any events that occured at the beggining of that round happen now instead.
Example: Johny prospects. The result of his prospect is revealed at the beginning of his next round along with a Pests! event. Johny spends the next round in stasis, meaning that result has not happened yet (at least for him - any side effects on other non-stasis players go through immediately). Johny finally returns several rounds later - he ignores the update for the newest round, instead gaining his holding from the prospecting and losing food in his inventory from the Pests! He is now active again, and will play as normal from here on in...
Stasis.

So who wants to sell me a food next turn?
Good thing it doesn't say except...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 03, 2013, 10:04:42 pm »

Hm, missed that bit.

Tattle on Toaster for attempted stasis-trade.
Tattle on RAM for failing to actually tattle.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 03, 2013, 10:15:26 pm »

I interpret "interact" as in in-game interaction (giving food, farming plots for each other, etc) not as in talking.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 03, 2013, 10:20:28 pm »

Code: (Character Sheet) [Select]
Player: RAM
Health: 9/9: -0
Happiness: 12/12: -0

Trait: [b]Keen Eye[/b]: You are a much better explorer than others. You get to draw two exploration cards instead of one when exploring.

Conditions:Basic Hunger, Basic Dissatisfaction, Basic Recovery, poxxy potential.

Inventory:
0 Food: -1
Primitive Trinket

Holdings:
Plop of Empty Land (5/5 food capacity, +1 food per turn)
Plot of Empty Land (5/5 food capacity, +1 food per turn. May be exploited once per round.)
1 Plot of Empty Land (5/5: +1)
~1 Plot of Irrigated Land (3/5: +1)
Grebin Claim (20 Grebin Capacity)
Medium Tomatunk Claim (250 Tomatunk Capacity)

Knowledge:
Improved Farming Techniques

In Progress:1 Grow food

(9 to 10/7*)Grow food~
(-2*) tattle

P.S.
I would also be interested in trading away two empty plots for an irrigated field.
 Need to remember to trade plot for knowledge with kaian-a-coel next turn.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 05:04:32 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 03, 2013, 10:21:01 pm »

I've decided to lift the requirement for non-posting, because people might have legitimate questions for me, or helpful rule clarifications for others.

But I am going to require planning or bartering in the future, or any sort of verbal interaction with other players about non-rule game bits, to be off limits.

Since Stasis wasn't in the OP, and I'm tweaking it a bit here, I'll give last turn potential stasis-breaking behaviour a pass and clarify the new rules for Stasis in the OP.

Ram, you can get an extra 2ap for digging that up and pointing it out.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 03, 2013, 10:41:04 pm »

Given PMs exist, that seems a bit unenforceable.

Also, what about the case like mine where I would go into stasis if I couldn't arrange a trade for food?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: April 03, 2013, 10:50:14 pm »

Then you can work out a trade when you return.

I'll just have to trust that people won't PM, I guess.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 03, 2013, 11:31:03 pm »

YOU'RE KIDDING ME?

Code: [Select]
Health: 9/9
Happiness: 6/11

Conditions: Basic Hunger, Basic Dissatisfaction, pissed off.
Perks: Sharp Mind

Possessions:
-1 Plot of Empty Land (3/5)

Inventory:
-Primitive trinket

Knowledge:
Improved Farming Techniques.
Delite harvesting
Grafting

Food stock: 0

7* Grow Food
2: Relax&relax

GWG, can you give me Companion Planting next turn? shouldn't be that hard since you produce 2 food per turn withboth Grafting and Companion Planting... right?
also tattle on you for going from 16/30 to 26/30 with 3 ap.

The offer of food to a1s is delayed...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 03, 2013, 11:45:37 pm »

GG:  So to be clear, it's okay if I try to get a trade going, fail, THEN claim stasis?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 72