Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 72

Author Topic: The Market - Turn 21  (Read 80106 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Market
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2013, 04:50:23 pm »

WELP UPDATE GOT ERASED

HAHA SO THAT SUCKS. FUCK YOU COMPUTER

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2013, 07:34:31 pm »

Aaaargh, so many spoilers, so much not looking at them, it hurtses!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2013, 08:20:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Owns:
1 Plot of Empty Land (3/5 food capacity, +1 food per turn)

Actions:
Relax
Prospect 1/5 done at start so I'm finishing this
Prospect
(We've got 1 time/actual health if we are satisfied right?)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2013, 11:50:59 pm »

Okay, time to start over and try this again.

Comments:
Remuthra, you don't seem to be tracking your items or progress.
Scrapheap, doesn't that leave you with some extra action points? Also, you aren't depressed. It's less than or equal to half.

ROUND 2 HAS ENDED
Congratulations on surviving this long!

Your event card for the day is...
Pests! Pests eat half of each players stored food, rounded up.
Pests! has been returned to the Event deck.

The following events have occured as the result of player activity...
Wwolin pushes the frontier. He discovers a Small Wampoon Claim (50 Wampoon Capacity) and a Small Delite Claim (20 Delite Capacity, 10% Delite Recovery).
Quote from: Information Update: Delite Recovery
Most claims simply have a static amount of resources in them - the exceptions are empty plots, and Delite Claims. Delite has a recovery rate, meaning that, each turn, 10% of the current Delite amount in that claim is added to the total, up to the Claim's capacity. Any leftover delite has a chance of adding an additional Delite. For example, a Small Delite Claim with 12 Delite remaining on it would, at the beginning of each turn, recover 1 Delite guaranteed, and have a 20% chance of recovering another on top of that, bringing the total to 14 for that turn.
RAM pushes the frontier. He discovers a Grebin Claim (20 Grebin Capacity) and a Medium Tomatunk Claim (250 Tomatunk Capacity)
RAM pushes the frontier. He discovers a Plot of Empty Land (5 food capacity, +1 food per turn. May be exploited once per round.) and a Plot of Empty Land (5 food capacity, +1 food per turn. May be exploited once per round.)
GreatWyrmGold pushes the frontier. He discovers a Plot of Empty Land (5 food capacity, +1 food per turn. May be exploited once per round.)
Sorcerer Kail pushes the frontier. He discovers a Small Tomatunk Claim (100 Tomatunk Capacity) and a Medium Wampoon Claim (150 Wampoon Capacity)
Sorcerer Kail pushes the frontier. He discovers Small Wampoon Claim (50 Wampoon Capacity) and the Pox!
Quote from: Information Update: The Pox!
This explorer gains the disease "Pox". A Pox card is added to the Event deck. This character loses one from their happiness at the beginning of each round. There is a 25% chance of recovering from the Pox each round. Any character that trades with or interacts with this character via an action has a 25% chance to contract Pox. A character who has recovered from Pox gains the ability "Pox Immunity", and may no longer acquire the Pox. Pox has a dormancy period of 1. Diseases contracted by Explorers, however, skip their dormancy period.
Quote from: Information Update: On Diseases
New and exciting diseases can be discovered from exploring the frontier, and brought back home! Some diseases are obvious, and can be seen by other players and avoided. Others are more subtle, having a dormancy period where the host is infectious but it is not visible to other players - this will be communicated to that player alone by PM, and there will be an event when the disease has physical symptoms. Once a disease has occured, and is loosed in the population, and could strike again at any time. Exposure to a disease can grant resistance to future outbreaks... At least until the disease Mutates. Diseases have a variety of effects, all of them bad, and a chance of recovery each turn after their dormancy period ends.
Sorcerer Kail has acquired the Pox! They are likely to be sick for a while...
Scraphead completes his research! He has gained the knowledge Improved Farming Techniques.

In light of recent events, New Cards have been added to the Event deck!
The cards "Pox Outbreak" and "Disease Mutation" has been added to the Event deck.

Due to recent events, New Research is Available!
Wampoon Extraction (cost: 5 time) - Allows the exploitation of Wampoon claims.
Grebin Extraction (cost: 10 time) - Allows the exploitation of Grebin claims.
Tomatunk Extraction (cost: 10 time) - Allows the exploitation of Tomatunk claims.
Delite Harvesting (cost: 5 time) - Allows the exploitation of Delite claims.
Craft: Primitive Work Tools (cost: 15 time, 1 delite, 1 wampoon) - Allows the creation of Resource Tools to aid in extracting resources.
Craft: Primitive Factory Tools (cost: 25 time,2 delite, 2 wampoon) - Allows the creation of Factory Tools to aid in the creation of tools, trinkets, and machines.
Domestication (cost: 30 time) - Allows the domestication of wild animals and the construction of a Pasture Improvement for Empty Plots. These animals will require a pasture to graze on, but will provide Food with far less work.
Grebin Processing (cost: 20 time) - There's a usable product here, but not in the shape it's in now. We'll have to figure out how to work with this material before we can do anything of value with it.
Tomatunk Experimentation (cost: 30 time) - This material doesn't seem useful. Perhaps with a bit of work, however, new opportunities will open themselves up?

A new action is available!
Any player may choost to pass their turn, by saying so or not voting. This indicates the player is taking the Stasisz action. Absolutely nothing changes for this player - they do not consume resources, they can not recover from illness, and anything that happens at the beginning of the next turn does not effect them, their inventory, or their holdings. They may not interact with other players, or even post anything accept their desire to take the stasis action (or, better yet, they can avoid posting at all). When a player emerges from Stasis, they process the results of their last, real turn - this means that although they are posting an action with other players, any diseases that struck them, any resources lost, and any events that occured at the beggining of that round happen now instead.
Example: Johny prospects. The result of his prospect is revealed at the beginning of his next round along with a Pests! event. Johny spends the next round in stasis, meaning that result has not happened yet (at least for him - any side effects on other non-stasis players go through immediately). Johny finally returns several rounds later - he ignores the update for the newest round, instead gaining his holding from the prospecting and losing food in his inventory from the Pests! He is now active again, and will play as normal from here on in...

ROUND 3 BEGINS

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2013, 11:55:31 pm »

Owns:

Actions:
Relax
Craft Basic Factory Tools
Research Irrigated Fields (2 points invested)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 12:04:06 am by Remuthra »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2013, 12:02:47 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Holdings:
1 Plot of Empty Land (4/5 food, +1 food/turn)
In progress:
Research Improved Farming Techniques (3/10)
Actions:
Grow Food
Research Improved Farming Techniques (in progress)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2013, 12:56:15 am »

Owns:
1 Plot of Empty Land (4/5 food capacity, +1 food per turn)
Plot of Empty Land (5 food capacity, +1 food per turn. May be exploited once per round.)
Plot of Empty Land (5 food capacity, +1 food per turn. May be exploited once per round.)
Grebin Claim (20 Grebin Capacity)
Medium Tomatunk Claim (250 Tomatunk Capacity)

actions:
grow food
create trinket(I.P.)

P.S.
Can we consume our food for the day prior to pests or similar effects?
Can we choose to grow our food before or after such effects?
For now I will just assume that events take place at the start of the turn and eating at the end...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 12:58:45 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2013, 03:34:20 am »

Holdings: 1 plot Empty Land(5 food capacity, +1 food per turn)
Actions:stasis
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 05:29:32 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2013, 05:25:31 am »

Property:
1 Plot of Empty Land (5/5)

Tasks:
Grow food
Research advanced farming (partial)

Can we convert coins back into time units? For trading purposes of course.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 10:52:45 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2013, 07:05:37 am »

I'll join the fledgeling community

Owns:
1 Plot of Empty Land (5/5) (5 food capacity, +1 food per turn. May be exploited once per round.)

Actions:
GrowFood (8 time)
edit: Socialize (2 time) I'll be telling stories, and singing songs in a public place. Anyone is welcome to join me
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 11:41:56 am by Talvara »

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2013, 08:47:03 am »

Owns:
Small Tomatunk Claim (100 Tomatunk Capacity
Small Wampoon Claim (50 Wampoon Capacity)
Medium Wampoon Claim (150 Wampoon Capacity)

Disease:
Pox

Actions:
2 x Relax
Grow Food(8 time)

After I'll get cured, I'm willing to trade access to my ores(or ores itself) for food and part of extracted resources. If you want to trade earlier, and risk Pox, feel free to answer.

Without irrigated fields this would might be quite troublesome to achieve, as with Improved Farming Techniques 3 people farming are necessary to supply one person doing other things. I guess that 2 farmers with irigation could supply me(miner/explorer) and some miner/toolmaker, and grow quicker from that point.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 08:55:32 am by Sorcerer Kail »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2013, 09:26:55 am »

If you give me some food i am willing to research wampoon and delite extraction for you

There are a few ways ways this can work:
1) i research adv farming first and teach you both extractions on turns 5 and 6
2) i skip adv farming and teach you both on turns 3 and 5 but im left high and dry on the adv farming front
3) someone teaches me adv farming and i teach you both on turns 3 and 4

Theres also the 2 food methods where:
1) i teach you both on turn two but dont get farming
2) i research adv farming and teach you both on turns 4 and 5
3) i get taught farming and teach you both on turn 3

Unfortunately all of them except the first 2 food method rely on coins and time being interchangeable
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 10:28:22 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2013, 09:33:38 am »

I guess I'll join this for now then:

Owns: 1 plot empty land (5/5 capacity. gains +1/turn)

Grow food [8],Research improved farming techniques [partial]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 09:38:42 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2013, 10:10:00 am »

Holdings: 1 Plot of Empty Land (0 food), 1 Small Wampoon Claim (50 Wampoon Capacity), 1 Small Delite Claim (20 Delite Capacity, 10% Delite Recovery), 1 Coin, 1 Primitive Trinket (4/10)

Actions: Grow Food, Create Primitive Trinket (6/10)
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

McMagma

• Bay Watcher
  • McMagma, Fortress Addict.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2013, 10:15:58 am »

I will rejoin(if i can):
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Holdings: 1 Plot of Empty Land(5/5 capacity. Gain +1/Turn)

Actions: Grow Food, Relax, Generate Coin
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 10:18:53 am by McMagma »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 72