Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 72

Author Topic: The Market - Turn 21  (Read 80171 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Market
« Reply #195 on: March 06, 2013, 08:32:19 am »

Unless socialization lets me eat and teach in the same turn, it's not going to help much.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 06, 2013, 02:55:08 pm »

If my original turn was kept, making me starve, then where's my prospect results? Or was the next turn I put up used?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 06, 2013, 04:03:14 pm »

the previous rounds were made assuming you didn't want to starve. Because you REALLY don't want to.
Starve only once and you're unable to do anything at all in the long term. 8 actions to eat, 1 not to get into depression.
Starve twice and you're guarantee to get into depression sooner or later, which means death.
Starve thrice and you're just dieing slowly because you aren't able to feed yourself.

As the game is, a single turn not eating condemn you to a slow, painful death with no hope AT ALL.

which is pretty harsh come to think of it.

Having AFT allow you to starve ONCE and still be able to live on.
Irrigation will make everything so much easier...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 06, 2013, 04:15:20 pm »

Oh...
Forgot that time given was equal to health.
Discount Operation Hardcore Research.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 06, 2013, 06:32:32 pm »

You could always try to negotiate a teaching agreement with someone. I, for one, would be willing to endure a single turn of starvation for a good enough offer...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 06, 2013, 07:07:05 pm »

Oh...
Forgot that time given was equal to health.
Discount Operation Hardcore Research.
Do we know how to recover from starving? Can you just eat 2 food?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 06, 2013, 08:13:24 pm »

No one yet has any knowledge of how to recover from starving, or even if you can. It's honestly best avoided! Malnutrition causes serious long term problems!

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 06, 2013, 08:20:06 pm »

So when are we getting a new turn?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 06, 2013, 08:23:45 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Owns:
2 Plots of Empty Land (5/5 food capacity, +1 food per turn)(5/5 food capacity, +1 food per turn)

Actions:
Grow Food (8*)
Craft Primitive Trinket (1 to 1/9)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 08:39:07 pm by Remuthra »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 06, 2013, 08:28:26 pm »

Working on it now.
Also:
Remuthra, the format for changing action is to edit your existing post. :P
Now I run the risk of running your turn twice.

And you still starved last turn, unless I've since missed something, meaning you only have 9/9 health now.

Edit: Sorry, missed your last post.
I added your prospect results to the turn post a while ago, when I said I did.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 08:33:38 pm by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 06, 2013, 08:35:02 pm »

Remuthra pushes the frontier. He discovers a Plot of Empty Land (5 food capacity, +1 food per turn. May be exploited once per round.)

Edit:
You lucky bastards... I was really hoping for mass starvation this turn! >_<

Update is in progress, btw. A couple new researches and actions and stuff. Fun times.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 08:50:19 pm by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 06, 2013, 09:46:34 pm »

A note on formatting: The star(*) symbol indicates a task that has been completed, and is an aid to me to let me know to check it for processing. Don't use it for actions you haven't finished this turn, and make sure to use it for actions you HAVE finished!

Also, you guys are finally starting, it seems, to get the feel why this game might be called The Market, and spotting some efficiencies. As encouragement, I'll suggest a few tips! If you don't have a trinket yet, but you DO have a bonus to growing food of some sort, you might be best off queing an additional food action (on another plot of land). Food seems to be in pretty high demand, and if nothing else you might be able to command a high effective price if you manage to store some up and then something negatively effects the food supply...

ROUND 5 HAS ENDED
Now is the time... for PROGRESS!

Your event card for the day is...
Bounty! All Grow Food actions on the previous turn produce an extra two units of food!
Bounty has been returned to the Event deck.

The following events have occured as the result of player activity...
Sorcerer Kail is still sick.

A new action is available!
Tattle - Did someone else make a mistake? Point it out! They will be forced to correct it, and perhaps face sanctions, and you will receive a bonus of one or more time units for the current day.

New research is available!
Companion Planting - Advanced Farming Techniques 1 (cost: 30 time)(requires: Improved Farming Techniques) - Increase the amount of food produced per grow action by .5 (round down).
Grafting - Advanced Farming Techniques 2 (cost: 30 time)(requires: Improved Farming Techniques) - Increase the amount of food produced per grow action by .5 (round down).
Crop Rotation (cost: 40 time)(requires: Improved Farming Techniques) - Increases the refresh rate of a farmed field by 2 at the end of turn.(round down).
Crossbreeding (cost: 50 time)(requires: Improved Farming Techniques) - Provides a new action that allows creating modified seeds that exhibit certain useful properties. Crossbreeding as an action will be a small cost added on to the normal grow food action (1ap) for a chance of producing a "Seed" object with the desired attribute, and can be repeated once per unit of food that grow action produces. A full list of attributes that can be pursued will be provided once the research is complete. Using a grow food action with the "Seed" object will produce an additional "Seed" object for each food produced with the previous benefits, and any additional "Crossbreeding" action on that crop will have a chance of adding a new desired attribute to the same seed! (Although there is also a small chance of the seed losing an existing property as well)

ROUND 6 BEGINS

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: The Market - Turn 6 (Always accepting new players!)
« Reply #207 on: March 06, 2013, 09:54:10 pm »

Code: [Select]
Health: 9/9
Happiness: 12/13
Trait:
Nimble Fingers
Conditions:
Basic Hunger
Basic Dissatisfaction
Owns:
2 Plots of Empty Land (3/5 food capacity, +1 food per turn)(5/5 food capacity, +1 food per turn)
2 food

Actions:
Research Irrigation (9 to 9/20)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 05:59:10 am by Remuthra »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 06, 2013, 10:00:12 pm »

You can't put 10 actions towards something when you only have 9 health.

Also, uh... why did you quote yourself? And use a code block instead of spoilers now. :P

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 06, 2013, 10:00:23 pm »

Code: (Character Sheet) [Select]
Health: 10/10
Happiness: 9/10

Trait: Hard Worker (-1 time for resource and labour actions)

Conditions:
Basic Hunger: Consume 1 "food" each turn or reduce your maximum health by one due to starvation.
Basic Dissatisfaction: Lose 1 happiness each turn for every 10 points, rounded down, of maximum happiness.

Inventory:
Primitive Trinket (+1 Happiness/Turn)
2 food

Holdings:
1 Plot of Empty Land (2/5 food, +1 food/turn)

Knowledge:
Improved Farming Techniques (-1 Time for Grow Food actions)

In progress:
Prospect (2/5)

(3 to 5/5*) Prospect
(5*) Prospect
(2 to 2/6) Grow Food
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 10:33:12 pm by RulerOfNothing »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 72