Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 72

Author Topic: The Market - Turn 21  (Read 80177 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: The Market - Turn 6 (Always accepting new players!)
« Reply #225 on: March 07, 2013, 09:12:52 am »

Due to recent event, i will now be teaching advanced farming to up to 4 (exluding RAM) people.
 payment options include property rights, resources, trinkets or replacement knowledge, i only ask for 1 unit of any of these...

First four to pay me get the research
I can offer you a trinket and the right to farm my land at (1 time of your choosing), for 1 food and 'advanced farming' training (which only costs you the 1 time unit- I think it's a great deal). I'm open to counteroffers though.
Same offer to GreatWyrmGold. Though only one of you can teach me (first one or the lowest bidder).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 11:14:00 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Market
« Reply #226 on: March 07, 2013, 09:50:27 am »

Oh sure, let's hop in this.

Code: (Character Sheet) [Select]
Player: Toaster
Health: 10/10
Happiness: 10/10

Trait: Hard Worker: (-1 cost to Labor or Resource)

Conditions:
Basic Hunger, Basic Dissatisfaction

Inventory:
Nothing!

Holdings:
1 Plot of Empty Land (5/5 Food Capacity)

Knowledge:
Nothing!

(7*) Grow Food
(2*) Learn from Unholy_Pariah
(1 to 1/10) Create Primitive Trinket

Welcome, marketers!  I aim to be a miner/resource gatherer.  I'd love to learn some farming techniques so I have more time for other gathering.  I don't have much to offer that's not on credit, but I'm willing to negotiate.

TOTALLY NOT COMPLETELY EDITED OR ANYTHING
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 04:10:47 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 07, 2013, 09:58:57 am »

I've decided to take the risk and bring Kail some food.

some of us may be rivals, some of us may be competitors but we shouldn't forget that all of us are a community.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 07, 2013, 10:10:17 am »

Toaster, you might want to reconsider your tallent. We already have 2 craftsmen, and so far there's only 1 thing to craft (any tool crafting is still a ways away, as someone needs to research Wampoon Extraction, Delite Harvesting, as well as harvest those and then research the tool making itself).
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 07, 2013, 10:34:46 am »

While true, what else would I take?  There's tons of explorers and researchers already, and I believe several farmers.

I suppose non-food resource gathering's an option, but it hits the same problem crafting does.  At least Hard Worker cross-benefits food production... hmm...  yeah, I think I like that.  EDIT AWAY!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 07, 2013, 12:17:11 pm »

Code: [Select]
Player: sjm9876
Happiness: 7/10

Trait: Sharp mind. Research -25%

Conditions:

Inventory:
2 Food

Holdings:
1 Plot of Empty Land (3/5 Food Capacity)

Knowledge:

In Progress: Research improved farming techniques (6/7)

Socialize (2*) - Not with infected.
Prospect (5*)
Research improved farming techniques (1 to 7/7*)
Research irrigated fields (2 to 2/15)

Is research rounded up or down via sharp mind?
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 07, 2013, 01:17:58 pm »

Down.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 07, 2013, 01:21:13 pm »

Got it right then. cheers.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 07, 2013, 02:37:01 pm »

I'm looking for Improved Farming Techniques.  All I can trade for it now is on credit- if you want a trinket, I'm making one but it'll be a bit before it's done.  Otherwise I can offer future resources for it.

Anyone interested?  I can also grant Preferred Trading Partner status, meaning I'll ask you first in the future.

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 07, 2013, 03:28:36 pm »

I should have written 4/8 in grow food as, well I had to pick between depression or starving.
Also I've got 8 health cause I had not worked on food last turn, but on a trinket instead.

Talvara, thanks :) I will repay you as soon as I get well*. I intend to either extract some delite and trade it with someone for tools(after they get found) or explore bit more for some better farming resources.

*-And as I will be able to get 1 food without spending all the time on farming.
Toaster, you might want to reconsider your tallent. We already have 2 craftsmen, and so far there's only 1 thing to craft (any tool crafting is still a ways away, as someone needs to research Wampoon Extraction, Delite Harvesting, as well as harvest those and then research the tool making itself).
I might try to get delite harvesting and dig it for a while, so crafters won't need to research it.

Also one question, may I spent time on researching starvation fighting tech or I have to wait for certain event to unlock tech?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 03:36:50 pm by Sorcerer Kail »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 07, 2013, 03:55:43 pm »

Note that starvation decreases your /max/ health.

I don't understand when/how you took the first point of damage, though, forget 2 points. Even with your illness, you shouldn't have had a problem growing food & relaxing twice every turn to hold yourself steady.

I'm really, really confused.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 03:58:06 pm by GlyphGryph »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 07, 2013, 03:57:17 pm »

Starvation doesn't decrease your max health?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 07, 2013, 04:04:54 pm »

No, it does, but he wasn't doing it. And in all honest, Sorcerer Kail, it looks like you haven't done a turn correctly since page 3. So I'm forcibly reverting you back to the start of Round 4.

Your current stats:
Code: (Character Sheet) [Select]
Happiness: 8/10 (Gaining happiness that would increase your total above maximum simply raises the maximum)

Traits:
Keen Eye: You are a much better explorer than others. You get to draw two exploration cards instead of one when exploring.

Inventory:
1 Coin

Owns:
1 Plot of Empty Land (3/5 food capacity, +1 food per turn)
Small Tomatunk Claim (100 Tomatunk Capacity
Small Wampoon Claim (50 Wampoon Capacity)
Medium Wampoon Claim (150 Wampoon Capacity)

Diseases:
Pox

Kail's Current Days Status: Nothing of Interest

Feel free to play from this point, Kail.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 04:06:25 pm by GlyphGryph »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 07, 2013, 04:10:14 pm »

Unholy_Pariah will get a trinket when it's done, and I shall learn from him!  Editing action now to reflect that.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 07, 2013, 04:18:51 pm »

Toaster buddy i want that trinket asap, im giving you one food so that you may complete it next turn.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 72