Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 72

Author Topic: The Market - Turn 21  (Read 80157 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Market
« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2013, 02:54:15 pm »

It did give everybody two fun turns worth of easy labour though!

(also, just wait until you guys get a crop failure! Heheheh.)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:13:17 pm by GlyphGryph »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2013, 06:28:56 pm »

2 turns? I thought that we only got one.
Spoiler: tracking my progress (click to show/hide)
So yeah, we gained 3 food, we spent one of the round we got it, one on the round we didn't farm, and one on the pests, leaving us with only one turn of easy labour.

Hey, who wants to take an Improved Farming Course? I'm going to give them; make an offer.
I have a spare plot of land I can trade for better farming. You need two fields if you want to harvest more than 1 food a turn on a sustained basis...

Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2013, 06:41:55 pm »

Hey, who wants to take an Improved Farming Course? I'm going to give them; make an offer.
I have a spare plot of land I can trade for better farming. You need two fields if you want to harvest more than 1 food a turn on a sustained basis...
I already have a second plot of land.
That's not how it works.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 05, 2013, 07:28:53 pm »

Ill teach you better farming for a field  :D

It will take two turns though
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2013, 07:31:48 pm »

I'll trade a trinket for some better farming.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2013, 07:44:26 pm »

I accept, provided you have a spare field i can work.

6tu to grow food, 4 tu to half grow more
2 tu to grow food, 5 to teach you next turn :D
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2013, 07:47:19 pm »

No, I don't have a spare field yet.
I'll work on that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2013, 07:50:39 pm »

I'd be willing to teach for trinkets or something, but teaching costs 5 time, growing food still costs 7 for me, and I don't have any stockpiled food.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2013, 07:51:11 pm »

Okay new plan, i teach you and ram at the same time and work the plot he will be trading me :D

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2013, 07:51:53 pm »

But I wasn't trading a plot...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2013, 07:52:55 pm »

No!
My customers!
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2013, 07:56:00 pm »

...this won't work without the teacher or student sacrificing a health. There's just no way without irrigation.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2013, 08:02:27 pm »

Ram has offered a plot in exchange for knowledge, i would work his plot to feed myself next turn while i buy his plot and your trinket

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 05, 2013, 08:04:03 pm »

You can only farm one plot at once.
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2013, 08:07:31 pm »

Its a 2 turn process, i farm both plots, mine fully and his to 4/6, then i finish farming his plot and teach him and remuthra how to farm with 2 tu left over

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 72