Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Roll to D-Day: Turn 2 up.  (Read 11094 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to D-Day: Turn 0.
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2013, 09:07:09 pm »

Last night I dreamed that this updated and the stump I was behind exploded. I really hope that doesn't come true.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2013, 09:11:59 pm »

Now i'm gonna dream about my mortar exploding in my hands, igniting the flamethrower fuel, causing a massive explosion wiping out the entire landing party. AND ITS ALL YOUR FAULT  >:(

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2013, 11:23:50 pm »

I'm probably going to dream about everyone else being killed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2013, 03:47:38 am »

I dream about playing FLT and then I woke up and remember I'm poor.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2013, 04:15:58 am »

All moves are in, I am running the turn. This might take a while.

Wave 2 list updated also.
This is a blank sig.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2013, 10:51:42 am »

I had a dream where I went on a date with Morrigan from Darkstalkers.

No regrets.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2013, 11:17:41 am »

I had a dream where the game updated multiple times overnight and Captain Cooper somehow got supernatural powers instead of acting. I think he was a ghost or something.

It wasn't a high-priority dream.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to D-Day: Turn 1.
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2013, 04:54:34 pm »

Turn 1: 6.30AM

Capt. Jackson Gristle (PoH): Action - Move to E4, take cover

Capt. Gristle already knew that the German gunners would be targetting the ramps to get soldiers as they headed to the sand. As soon as te ramp dropped he sprinted with his head down into the shallow water (move roll:3), but stumbled and fell slightly short of the tank trap into the wet sand. In an effort to avoid any incoming fire he pressed himself down into the sand as best he could (cover roll: 5+1), making good use of the slope of the beach to keep his head and upper out of clear view. This doesnt quite prove to be enough though, as accurate and sustained rifle fire which kills many strikes him below the knee, causing a moderate wound.

Pvt. Antoine Dupré (Miauw): Move to nearest stump post (E7) for cover.

As the ramp hit the sand Antoine felt a flush of fresh rage go through him - how dare the Germans occupy his homeland - he would make them pay. Roaring at the top of his lungs he burst down the ramp onto the beachtowards the nearest cover (move roll: 1), but as his legs hit the water he fell flat forwards into the shallow water, taking a big lungful and leaving himself highly exposed.

Pvt. Tim White (werty):Get out, deploy mortar, fire a smoke at tank traps so the machineguns at U 11/12 cant see deploying troops.

Pvt. White was unfased by the unfolding chaos around him, and knew tat if he were to keep people out of sight, he would be keeping them alive. He calmly moved just next to the foot of the ramp (move roll: 5) and deployed his mortar (action: 5), before aiming a smoke shell at the tank traps further up the beach (attack roll:6). The shell sailed in a steep high arc and burst on the sand just infront of a cluster of traps half way up the beach, filling the air with think white smoke obscuring two of the German positions (no attacks from 68R or 68F for 3 turns).

Spoiler: Pvt. Tim White (werty) (click to show/hide)

Sgt. Johnston Ryan (Fresh):follow miauw62

Johnston sees Antoine bolt down the ramp, and elects to follow the enraged baker towards the line of stump posts (move roll:6). Antoine stumbles and falls heavily infront of him, but Sgt. Ryan nimbly jumps over him and reaches the foot of a stump post with supreme haste. (cover roll: 5+1+1) Kneeling behind it, Johnston is well covered from any incoming fire, ready to move further up the beach

Pvt. Hirisho Tsutome (TCM): Advance to G7, take cover behind the tank trap.

Filled with inner calm, Pvt. Tsutome moved down the ramp with haste towards a cluster of tank traps just ahead of Sgt. Ryan (move roll:4), stepping around the fallen baker flailng in the surf. (cover roll: 2+1-1+2) Throwing himself into the sand at the foot of a tank trap, Hirisho was able to find a satisfying amout of cover, ready to move when the order was given.

Pvt Kalam Merkhandar (Mesor): Move to F15, look for a blast crater and take cover. Scan the enemy fortifications and pick out as many soldiers I can with all remaining points, paying special attention for officers or enemy snipers.

The ramp fell, and down it Kalam ran. He wasnt yet interested in closing with the enemy: he could deal death from any safe spot, if he could find one. The line of stump posts provided the first suitable cover, so it was there he ran for (move roll:2). However, the ramp was wet with seawater and vomit, and Kalam slipped, losing his footing just before the line of stumps. (cover roll: 2) Using his forward momentum to press into the wet sand wasnt very successful, but some cover was better than none. From his prone position Kalam attempted to observe the 4 enemy emplacements (Actions: 4, 1, 3, 2), but due to the drifting smoke only 2 of them were visible. He shouted his observations to a nearby radio operator to relay to as many people on the beach as possible (data on enemy positions updated)

Sgt. Jack Stevens (Persus): Get behind the stump post in F13

"Thank god the craft cleared the water..." yelled Jack, "lets get clear of the ramp!"

Jack headed straight for the line of stump posts at a charge (move roll:4), and made himself small behind it to help protect himself from enemy fire (cover roll: 6+1). Here he was safe to contemplate where he would go next.

Capt. Jack Blues :Take cover at F7. Look through scoop.

"Get off the craft and find cover..." yelled jack, hitting the surf at a run (move roll: 1). Unfortunatley for Jack he didnt see the flat out form of Antoine until too late, and was sent sprawling into the wet sand just beyond the breakers. Rolling into the shadow cast by the post (cover roll: 2+1+1) offered the Capt enough cover to keep away from the worst of any incoming fire. From there he could use his scope to have a look at the enemy positions not obscured by a growing cloud of smoke (Action rolls: 1, 6, 4), and yelled his observations to a nearby radio man to be circulated (further intel, see below).

Pvt Mark Stevens(Remuthra): Move forward one square to the stump posts, take cover, and use binoculars to look for good sniping targets. Shoot anything that pokes it's head up with 3 remaining movement points.

(move roll: 4) Pvt Stevens move down the ramp in a sure footed manner, assuming a prone position (cover roll: 1+2) at the foot of a nearby post - however, in order to take aim, he did need to leave himself exposed...

That done, he used his binoculars to observe the enemy positions ahead (action: 5). Whilst directly infront was obscured by smoke, he could clearly make out a machine gun nest (U6) manned by an observer, a loader and a gun operator. All 3 presented nice targets.He took aim first at the gun operator (cover score:2 (sand bags) vs attack roll 4+1+1), hitting square in the chest. The badly wounded gunner would probably bleed out within the next few mins, and the observer took over his position while the loader tended to the wounded man All 3 moved to keep thier heads down now knowing a sniper was targetting them (cover: 4+2). Mark tried two more shots, (1+1+1 and 2+1+1) but both only found the sandbags. Still, one of the MG bunkers was supressed for now.

Capt Carl Cooper (GWG)Go to H11, take cover.

Capt Cooper felt pride at how his rangers were deploying. He knew that if he were to keep them keen to fight, he would need to lead by example. With a cry of "RANGERS! ON ME!" he sprinted down the ramp looking to take cover at a set of tank traps 20m or so ahead of the landing craft (move roll: 4). Carl slammed into the sand under one of the traps as the smoke round burst (cover roll: 2+2), waiting for his Rangers to hit the beach with him.

Run to stump post on F6-7 border, take cover

Pvt. Cooper was one of the last of the 1st Infantry to hit the beach, but he wasted no time in moving once he hit the ramp. He too was heading for the line of stump posts before moving any further. (move roll: 5) Moving with nimble haste he picked his way around the prone men past the foot of a crowded stump post (Cover: 4+2+1), where the Capt. was assembling men ready to move further up the beach... it was a good thing Pvt Cooper was well covered as the air around him was soon whistling with a barrage of rifle fire, pinning him in position.

Pvt John Willard (ggamer): get as far as I can until I hit the shore, then go prone and take cover not behind a stump trap

Pvt Willard saw Pvt Cooper just ahead of him nimbly pick his way over the soft sand, and thought it would be a great idea to follow him (move roll: 2). Alas, carrying the .50 cal meant that he could not match the young soldier for fleetness of foot and fell in the sand short of the cover of the tank treads. Instinctivly he hunkered down into the sand, trying his best to keep his head down (Cover: 6+1), finding a natural depression keeping him well hidden for now.

German Moves

Bunker 66F (Well scouted)

At least one squad of riflemen (Karabiner 98k, abundant ammo, +1 to 8 tile or more targets, not great RoF)
1 MG nest, dying gunner (MG42, abundant ammo, +5 on targets 6 tiles or less, -3 on targets 10 tiles or more - deadly MG (-2 to all rolls due to dead gunner), supressed)

The riflemen in 66F open fire on the cluster of men in F7 (Attack roll: 4+2). The fire is accurate and true and drops many men, but
Pvt Cooper is well covered and a number of rounds thunk into his cover. The soldiers in the MG bunker are quite sensibly keeping thier heads down.

Bunker 66R (Well scouted)

x1 88mm flak + crew (abundant ammo, +6 attack up to 8 tiles, +4 attack up to 12 tiles: good RoF, innacurate but lethal)
At least 1 squad of riflemen (Karabiner 98k, abundant ammo, +1 to 8 tile or more targets, not great RoF)
x2 MG nest (MG42, abundant ammo, +5 on targets 6 tiles or less, -3 on target 10 tiles or more - deadly MG)

The flak gun is being re-aimed down towards the beach, and will be ready for use by turn 3.
The 6 riflemen target the infantry disembarking in E4 (Attack: 6+1). Highly accurate fire rains down on Capt Gristle, who despite being well covered takes a round in the lower leg. This is a better fate than many of the green recruits of the 29th, who are killed by the accurate and sustained fire.
The MG nests hold thier fire this turn, waiting for targets to close into range.

Bunker 68F (unscouted)

? ? ?
? ? ?
? ? ?
? ? ?

The thick smoke prevents any attacks from 68F, and will do so for 3 turns.

Bunker 68R (unscouted)

? ? ?
? ? ?
? ? ?

The thick smoke prevents any attacks from 68R, and will do so for 3 turns.

Map

((It took me a LOT longer to run that turn than I anticipated!! Some solid cover rolls and the early use of the smokescreen has meant I havent been able to thin out your numbers yet, but one wounded, one supressed and one drowning isn't bad for turn 1. Get your second moves in people.))

Spoiler: Lest We Forget... (click to show/hide)

Wave 2:

« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 03:41:52 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to D-Day: Turn 1 done.
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2013, 04:58:49 pm »

((Am I the only one left behind in the water? Oh god, dat mental image.))
Embrace the water and die Run forward to the tank traps and take cover!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2013, 05:00:25 pm »

Is it possible to recover guns, since apparently I don't get any opportunity to ammo scavenge for my Tokarev?

Move forward 3 squares, take cover, scout, and fortify my position.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2013, 05:05:34 pm »

You can scavenge as an action, yes. If there are dead or wounded units in the square (such as the two targetted in the first turn), you will almost certainly find some standard issue kit, or you could scavenge from dead Germans, if you get close to any!
This is a blank sig.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2013, 05:06:54 pm »

Does falling over in the water mean that Miauw's Baguette is now waterlogged and rapidly softening?

And does being suppressed mean I can't fire back?
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2013, 05:07:48 pm »

I'm the only one injured. Ow.

Are there any medics? I attempt to advance to the stump post in F5 and take cover behind it, then call for medics in my squad. I'm not sure if much can be done about my leg, but anything to help me move a bit would be nice.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2013, 05:08:11 pm »

I just noticed that two of the characters are surnamed Cooper.

Anyways.

"Rangers! Take cover and advance!"

Try to locate an easy target to shoot--maybe one of the machine gunners?--then take careful aim and fire. Wait for the others to catch up.
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2013, 05:10:58 pm »

Get into better cover, start firing with my sniper rifle targetting the crew of the flak gun. Look for any stashes of ammo or explosives near the bunkers.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 05:38:25 pm by mesor »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11