Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1364 1365 [1366] 1367 1368 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1745650 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #20475 on: September 22, 2015, 09:30:00 pm »

I don't really know, it's just something I heard, but by someone who's in the industry. I guess you'd need to keep the medicated and non-medicated animals apart (if only for feeding), which would require additional space or at least quite a lot of additional work.

It sounds more like somebody complaining they can't keep the livestock neck deep in antibiotics and still call it organic to me.

(sadly the lances had been retired in favor of antitank rifles)

Antitank lances when?
Pretty sure that's a thing in WH40k.

Explosive lances brah.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20476 on: September 23, 2015, 03:01:01 am »

I really don't get what's Orban's plan, except for posturing. I mean, his country his neck-deep in refugees, and he doesn't want a plan to relocate them away from his country?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20477 on: September 23, 2015, 03:27:25 am »

The quota plan is about distributing the refugees that are in Italy and Greece and not in Hungary, so any quota will only be adding refugees to Hungary.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20478 on: September 23, 2015, 03:30:00 am »

No, its about 15000 refugees from Itly, and 50000 each from Greece and Hungary.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #20479 on: September 23, 2015, 03:31:14 am »

Hardliners gonna hardline, strongmen gonna strongarm.

Though it could also be that under current proposition, Hungary will also have to take in some refugees, unlike in what the plan was in the past.

The quota plan is about distributing the refugees that are in Italy and Greece and not in Hungary, so any quota will only be adding refugees to Hungary.
Because Hungary objected any relocation plan. But admittedly, the article puts it kinda vague.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20480 on: September 23, 2015, 04:17:15 am »

I don't really know, it's just something I heard, but by someone who's in the industry. I guess you'd need to keep the medicated and non-medicated animals apart (if only for feeding), which would require additional space or at least quite a lot of additional work.
It sounds more like somebody complaining they can't keep the livestock neck deep in antibiotics and still call it organic to me.
That was a person who kept a separate quarantine herd (which means mostly additional costs) and generally went out of their way to consider ethical animal keeping before caring about whether they still could call their product organic, so that seems pretty unlikely to me.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20481 on: September 23, 2015, 04:36:48 am »

Hungary doesn't have a refugees problem. that is, they don't want to stay in hungary and they have not magically arrived in hungary so hungary is not the first EU state they landed in thus not forced by any international law to accept them. those imaginary 50K would have gone by themselves to Germany since merkel invited them in, instead, with the quota plan, they will now be "encouraged" to stay in hungary for their impending relocation which could take many months to accomplish, and on top of that, some of which will get refugee status in hungary or other states where they don't want to be in. good luck moving these people. since we are talking about the equivalent of the mere last 20 days of migration into the EU, hungary knows that this precedent will have far bigger impacts than merely accepting ~1500 refugees. for example: It hasn't been decided who these 120K are, so more migrants will swarm to hungary avoiding registration in other countries on the way in the hopes of hitting the lucky 120K. it will require their registration in hungary which means that if they are not in the lucky 120k, they will be "forced" to stay in hungary by the international law.

So in Orban's mind, 120K is a meaningless number which is only a drop in the ocean and any quota is irrelevant if Europe doesn't set a cap to overall refugees and means to enforce that cap so to prevent refugees from entering Europe in the first place. his objection was a symbolic one indicating that if they want his vote, they should regard his plans. another thing that pissed Orban was the subject of sovereignty of the EU states. He simply can't accept that Germany is deciding for him how many immigrants/refugees he should accept.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20482 on: September 23, 2015, 04:43:16 am »

I don't think refugees are generally well-informed enough that any kind of law or cap or anything will change how many are going to try to enter Europe.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20483 on: September 23, 2015, 04:46:39 am »

They are well informed enough but regardless, the capping should not to be achieved by the refugees willingness to accept said cap, but by europe willingness to enforce said cap.

It is possible to prevent entry to the EU. it just require funds and personnel.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20484 on: September 23, 2015, 06:05:54 am »

How exactly would personnel and funding be able to enforce a refugee cap? What is your vision there?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20485 on: September 23, 2015, 06:10:20 am »

Sprawling refugee camps at the EU border, and a big, big wall.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20486 on: September 23, 2015, 06:12:32 am »

lol, with EU regulations about building rights, and public tendering, (and let's not forget environmental protection laws) by the time those camps and wall are built, Syria will have become an enlightened democracy, and Africa will have an influx of poor Europeans trying to find a better future  :D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 06:14:48 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20487 on: September 23, 2015, 08:04:35 am »

Well then it's good the camps will be ready.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20488 on: September 23, 2015, 08:09:09 am »

Just make the wall 40 feet thick, 5 stories high, with floors, internal walls, plumbing, electricity, small functional kitchens and a bedroom. Then open the windows on the outside and have border control on the inside.
I recall there were a few of these in East Berlin.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20489 on: September 23, 2015, 08:10:59 am »

Global warming > sea levels rise > less Europe borders to defend.

Climate change will save Europe from refugees.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 1364 1365 [1366] 1367 1368 ... 1393