Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1326 1327 [1328] 1329 1330 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1743623 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #19905 on: September 07, 2015, 10:58:55 am »

noted, i'll come back later with better bait

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19906 on: September 07, 2015, 11:03:16 am »

Will someone think of the intelligent trolls? Poe's law is killing them in droves!

...i expect you to explain all the other little nationalities...
This should right about explain it:

Great countries across the board... we should all move there to make room for the newcomers!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19908 on: September 07, 2015, 11:10:57 am »

Wait, there are almost as many Russians applying for asylum in the EU as Iraqis? What's happening over there?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19909 on: September 07, 2015, 11:14:53 am »

Hey, so we can exchange an airport that's never going to be finished against housing for immigrants? Sounds like a great deal to me.
What the hell are you talking about?

Maybe you guys need to be more like the United States in welcoming immigrants and refugees? Aside from the whole illegal immigrant deal.
We were and we ended up with this crisis.

The problem is that most of these people trying to get into the heart of Europe aren't real refugees. If they were, they would stop in the nearest country that is at peace, not try to get to Germany and the UK. They just want to get money from the rich welfare states. Europe has no obligation to let economic migrants in.
[citation needed]
They all have to pass through Italy, Turkey and the Balkans. None of these countries or regions are at war - as part of the asylum seeking process you are supposed to claim asylum at the first safe country you're in; far be it claiming asylum in Greece, Turkey, Italy, Malta or any other country in the Balkans, the majority don't want asylum there they want passage into Germany. And at least for Britain anyways, the majority of our immigrants come from countries where there are no war to begin with, places like China, India, Pakistan, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Eastern Europe e.t.c. whilst with exception to Nigerians and Ugandans fleeing two kinds of crazy (actual refugees), our refugees are coming through France and should be claiming asylum there. And of our refugees? Majority come from Pakistan or Eritrea with Syria in third. No war, no war and war. Granted war status is not what's important, what's important is whether they have reasonable fears for their life should they return, and that's what counts.

LW, Britain isn't full, the cities are just densely populated due in great part to planning laws and regulations that block self-builds and artificially limit the space for new developments.
You sound like you ate the Daily Mail for breakfast and have decided to shit it out on the forum. "Work towards making Britain into the country they left" -- where do you get this from?
I can't think of a way the Trojan Horse schools were in any way British and when you're operating under a different law court you can't get any more separate than if you were in an enclave. Though to what extent it can be said you're in an enclave when you're the majority is another matter entirely. Furthermore Britain is full because building more houses isn't going to do shit to the schools, hospitals, prisons, water and energy demands increasing beyond their cope for stupid ideological reasons; it's beyond the physical space - in so many ways it's an unaffordable policy. Though granted we need to build more houses anyways just to deal with regular immigration. I know people who flout the regulations in the countryside by doing it in plain view (everyone assumes they're legit). They clear acres of protected wildlife by poisoning the trees (that way they're classed as dead and you can get the council to clear them for you, leaving development space). The English countryside does not need a hundred more of those people, let alone 300,000, as much as I like them. I like them as people but they're walking ecological disasters, planning permissions exist for a reason; and when it's not ecological it's safety and practicality. My area for example is a perfect example of this, lots of development and refurbishment going on but you have to get planning permission the last 10 years here's why: There's been a 300m lethal exclusion zone caused by a ruptured gas pipe, everyone who lives by the waterfront will not get fibre optics for another few decades, several WWII bombs were hit by diggers including one of the largest in recent history and someone accidentally broke into a weed farm. Actually the last one might have been inevitable. Still, we've also got plenty of people who don't follow the regulations and end up undermining their neighbours home, you take your pick.

There have been years of practically uncontrolled, mass immigration?

I had you pegged for a troll, not a reactionary.
It's not a secret, Labour campaigned for mass immigration and got it for a decade. It was one of their selling points, then it was one of the things New Labour had to backpedal on immensely. In 1997 and 2010, net annual immigration quadrupled, and the UK population was boosted by more than 2.2 million immigrants, more than twice the population of Birmingham. In Labour’s last term in government, 2005-2010, net migration reached on average 247,000 a year. It's now 335,000 a year, probably more.
Labour ministers deliberately encouraged mass immigration to diversify Britain over the past decade, a former Downing Street adviser has claimed.
Andrew Neather said the mass influx of migrant workers seen in recent years was not the result of a mistake or miscalculation but rather a policy the party preferred not to reveal to its core voters.
He said the strategy was intended to fill gaps in the labour market and make the UK more multicultural, at the same time as scoring political points against the Opposition.

Needless to say this is retarded on so many levels and resulted in a failure that ironically wipe out multicultural Britain and left it with a segregated entity that wasn't much of anything beyond Rotherham-tier idiocy. So in short yeah there have been years of practically uncontrolled, mass immigration; you don't go from minorities being the majority of your capital and 1/5 your country without either mass death or mass immigration, and we haven't had the former.

Wait, there are almost as many Russians applying for asylum in the EU as Iraqis? What's happening over there?
It's Russia
Prepare your master b8ing

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19910 on: September 07, 2015, 11:21:42 am »

Double post because I'm also bored of shitposting about shit no one will ever change their minds about to preach to the choir and get a cirkljurk on the road:
Campaigners have condemned strike reforms as a "major attack on civil liberties" after the Government raised the prospect of forcing all picketing workers to give their names to police. That and also wear armbands. First person to Godwin gets a biscuit.
There's a real risk here that again with the fucking blacklists, it's like the end fucking goal is to have everyone in the workplace, education place, home space, meat space and cyber space all have the same views and exact same beliefs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19911 on: September 07, 2015, 11:24:30 am »

NINJAEDIT: LW, I don't think it would be particularly hard to say that Pakistan is a reasonable country to be fleeing from, what with its treatment of minorities and all.
Granted war status is not what's important, what's important is whether they have reasonable fears for their life should they return, and that's what counts.
oy vey I'm more than edge UUUU

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19912 on: September 07, 2015, 11:25:18 am »

First person to Godwin gets a biscuit.

Has anyone suggested color coded triangles yet for the armbands?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19913 on: September 07, 2015, 11:28:24 am »

Has anyone suggested color coded triangles yet for the armbands?
I'm surprised but no one actually has yet

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19914 on: September 07, 2015, 11:29:07 am »

They are made of Hitler!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19915 on: September 07, 2015, 11:34:31 am »

Terror in North Caucasus, unfair justice system, discrimination of homosexuals and more.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19916 on: September 07, 2015, 11:41:18 am »

I wonder if LW ever considered that the huge raise in immigration under Labour might have more to do with the EU enlargement that any policy to replace Briton with foreign leftist voters.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19917 on: September 07, 2015, 12:15:59 pm »

You say that like they don't go hand in hand

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19918 on: September 07, 2015, 12:52:18 pm »

regulations that block self-builds

explain further

do you approve of people putting down new buildings, demolishing or refurbishing others at semi-random with no interference from the state or its representatives?
Obviously basic safety checks (gas, electric, structural integrity etc.) are desirable. However, houses in Britain are kept artificially scarce by a housing policy that is stricter than pretty much every other country. You are forbidden from living in a temporary structure (caravans, barns etc.) long term on your own land. You cannot build on arable land that you mean to cultivate.The excessive building regs encourage excessive professionalisation of building which is good news for the profiteers but creates overly expensive barriers to entry for home builders.

There's a huge lobby in the UK that wants to keep 70%+ of the countryside arable land (land which is owned by just a handful of people). France, hardly an urban wasteland, gets by with 54%. I'd like to see more wilderness, more mixed-use small-holdings and fewer huge tracts of half-used land, and more houses!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19919 on: September 07, 2015, 01:41:00 pm »

*Welsh joke goes here*
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 1326 1327 [1328] 1329 1330 ... 1393