Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1159 1160 [1161] 1162 1163 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1747165 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's Nice and Welcoming Europol Thread
« Reply #17400 on: June 06, 2015, 10:43:12 am »

Oh, but I'm using minced lamb for my burgers.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17401 on: June 06, 2015, 10:45:13 am »

I've personally come to feel goat cheese is usually superior to cow cheese, and also most other types of cheese.

It is good. I eat ewe's cheese and goat's cheese a lot as I can't cope with a lot of lactose.

I've realised I'm being an idiot. Manchego would be too waxy unless you melted it but I don't know how that would work. Maybe try some kind of fairly strong garlic and herb cream cheese mixture that could be spread on one of the buns so it would melt? I'm not used to using cheese with lamb burgers. I'd almost be tempted to use yoghurt... alternatively, you could put some kind of spiced cheese with chili in it.

I should add that manchego is actually a Spanish cheese.

Blue ewe's cheese with veins made in the Pentland Hills of Lanarkshire, in southern Scotland. I think it's the oldest blue cheese in the British Isles.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 10:54:18 am by Owlbread »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #17402 on: June 06, 2015, 10:46:13 am »

Minced...lamb?

* IcyTea31 shudders.

I suppose it works to make it more tender, but that is completely alien to me. If that really is the case, don't take my advice.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17403 on: June 06, 2015, 10:47:36 am »

A bit of thinly sliced red leicester would go down a treat, 'specially with a bit of gherkin. Semi-melted for best taste.
One wheel short of a wagon

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17404 on: June 06, 2015, 10:48:34 am »

Gay pride rally attacked in Kiev
Damned latent gays...

I am really disappointed by those idiots. Why nationalism attracts so many morons?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17405 on: June 06, 2015, 10:50:42 am »

Minced...lamb?

* IcyTea31 shudders.

I suppose it works to make it more tender, but that is completely alien to me. If that really is the case, don't take my advice.

Minced lamb is great. My preference though is a beef and haggis burger, or venison.

Damned latent gays...

I am really disappointed by those idiots. Why nationalism attracts so many morons?

It's weird, I remember reading a travel book of two middle aged men (friends) that drove from England to Mongolia. When they stopped off in Kiev in a hotel the receptionist mistook them for a gay couple. When they explained they wanted two separate rooms she said something like "It's ok, you can have one room if you like, this is Kiev!" Evidently she had a different idea of what it meant to be from Kiev than those ultras.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:00:42 am by Owlbread »

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17406 on: June 06, 2015, 10:59:25 am »

-double post-

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17407 on: June 06, 2015, 11:02:48 am »

Damned latent gays...

It's weird, I remember reading a travel book of two middle aged men (friends) that drove from England to Mongolia. When they stopped off in Kiev in a hotel the receptionist mistook them for a gay couple. When they explained they wanted two separate rooms she said something like "It's ok, you can have one room if you like, this is Kiev!" Evidently she had a different idea of what it meant to be from Kiev than those ultras.
Well, we got 25-30 guys who decided to stop the march in a 3-million city. So, yes, Kiev is tolerant.

But we still got idiots who want to stop a peaceful and legal march ( 2\3rds of participants being young women) with violence like some.... Russians.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17408 on: June 06, 2015, 11:03:29 am »

A bit of thinly sliced red leicester would go down a treat, 'specially with a bit of gherkin. Semi-melted for best taste.
I think the obvious answer to me is to just put on everything in the poll. Maybe whatever else is on hand, too. Cheesepocalypse the sheepburger. Or sheep up the cheese sandwich, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17409 on: June 06, 2015, 11:06:57 am »

Since we've gotten on to cheese, I'd like to take the moment to get some info on something I've been convinced of. Some of you may have heard that the Wisconsin GOP passed a bill banning the use of food stamps for a very large and very strange number of foods.

The important part here is its relation to cheddar. Specifically, it allows the usage of stamps for mild or medium cheddar, but not for sharp or extra sharp cheddar. My question to you is, has any human being ever preferred mild to sharp cheddar? 
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17410 on: June 06, 2015, 11:09:55 am »

Since we've gotten on to cheese, I'd like to take the moment to get some info on something I've been convinced of. Some of you may have heard that the Wisconsin GOP passed a bill banning the use of food stamps for a very large and very strange number of foods.

The important part here is its relation to cheddar. Specifically, it allows the usage of stamps for mild or medium cheddar, but not for sharp or extra sharp cheddar. My question to you is, has any human being ever preferred mild to sharp cheddar?

I prefer mild, creamy cheddar sometimes depending on what I'm having it with. Sometimes strong/sharp cheddar can be a bit too much if you have a lot of it on your oat cakes. Then again it can also be really bland if you have too much of it. It's good to have a selection.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:11:41 am by Owlbread »

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17411 on: June 06, 2015, 11:18:18 am »

What do you mean by "extra sharp?" If there's a variety that stings and burns like bile, I don't think I'd prefer it to mild.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17412 on: June 06, 2015, 11:18:46 am »

It depends how sharp we're talking. I know plenty of people who won't touch epicure because of the smell (similar to parmessan)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17413 on: June 06, 2015, 11:28:45 am »

glorious lactate steel, cheese stick sharp like katana, folded a gorrillion times, can cut through anything, filthy gouda go home

extra sharp cheddar cut through full palate

the list goes on
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #17414 on: June 06, 2015, 11:34:18 am »

10/10 would read again.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 1159 1160 [1161] 1162 1163 ... 1393