Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1161 1162 [1163] 1164 1165 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1747000 times)

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's Nice and Welcoming Europol Thread
« Reply #17430 on: June 06, 2015, 01:51:21 pm »

The Iberian Kingdoms are underpowered in my CKII; they always end up getting partitioned between the Muslims and French. The game doesn't give justice to the tactical advantages of mountains.
The game doesn't give justice to approximately 90% of all military thought, mountains are not really a big deal compared to that.
It's an incest simulator, not a war game. :p
I aint got no Zoroastrian Miroslavs
You'd be a Monophysitic Miaphysite if you did.
To anyone who dislikes the game's haphazard approach to warfare: It's not about waging wars, but all about scheming, planning, murdering, preparing for war and having your plans foiled by your son and pretender who's also your uncle.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17431 on: June 06, 2015, 02:12:16 pm »

Irreleveant I know, but, after browsing the wiki fo r abit, I'm still unsure, what is crusader kings II, in the vast spectrum of games, exactly?
One wheel short of a wagon

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17432 on: June 06, 2015, 02:13:33 pm »

To anyone who dislikes the game's haphazard approach to warfare: It's not about waging wars, but all about scheming, planning, murdering, preparing for war and having your plans foiled by your son and pretender who's also your uncle.
The game's approach to war needs to be more holistic. It's not solely about warfare, but neither is it solely about intrigue. Two of my five proudest CKII moments were born out of warfare. One was where I singlehandedly defeated the Shia, Sunni, Byzantine and Zoroastrian world with one sneaky stratagem (similar to how the Turks managed to take over the Byzantine Empire) as Serbia, and the other is when I conquered the entire Summer Islands (GOT mod) as Stannis the Mannis despite being outnumbered 20:1 by luring their entire army onto the stepstones, starving their entire host to death, leaving their islands ripe for the picking. Rather appropriately, about 2/5ths of the game is warfare. Ignoring such things as moving as naval combat... Well, dayum. I know warfare is not the centerpiece but that's no reason to shit on a Yuan dynasty vase.

Much europol, very rails

Irreleveant I know, but, after browsing the wiki fo r abit, I'm still unsure, what is crusader kings II, in the vast spectrum of games, exactly?
Grand strategy dynasty management game

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17433 on: June 06, 2015, 02:13:41 pm »

Crusader Kings II is a game for people who want to manage medieval succession law and feudal contracts.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17434 on: June 06, 2015, 02:41:41 pm »

I really like how cheese can apparently beat nationalism.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17435 on: June 06, 2015, 02:44:38 pm »

Cheeses of all nations, unite!

Or rather, don't. It would ruin all the flavor. Also could someone please show America the way out? I know they insist it's cheese, but it's really not.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17436 on: June 06, 2015, 02:45:28 pm »

The Americans have chosen the way of food flavoured substances, while the rest of the world returns to its food with relish.

Enjoy that soylent cheese

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17437 on: June 06, 2015, 02:54:26 pm »

Manchego means "from La Mancha". AKA a region of Castile. It's a Spanish cheese.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17438 on: June 06, 2015, 03:07:18 pm »

The Americans have chosen the way of food flavoured substances, while the rest of the world returns to its food with relish.

Enjoy that soylent cheese
Spoiler: This is not food. (click to show/hide)
This is a blank sig.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17439 on: June 06, 2015, 03:22:02 pm »

I don't like cheese. Should I leave Europe?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17440 on: June 06, 2015, 03:26:07 pm »

You're already outside Europe. Europe is not so much a continent as a place with fine cheese.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17441 on: June 06, 2015, 03:42:43 pm »

America has proper cheeses, they just don't seem to ever leave America. Colby and Monterey/Pepper Jack are the best known, but we also have muenster (not to be confused with French munster) and teleme from California; bergenost, kunik, and liederkranz from New York, and the edible plastic known as Government Cheese from a USDA laboratory.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 03:44:55 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17442 on: June 06, 2015, 03:56:24 pm »

Sadly I didn't find Manchego in my local supermarket, so I went with goat cheese. I'm now an happy man.

I got great foods and terrible cameras

The meat is a bit too fat for burgers (We fed that sheep to much grain), but otherwise really tasty.

Also, I'd appreciate it if the 5 people that voted for processed cheese could from now on stay in the Amerithread.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17443 on: June 06, 2015, 03:58:15 pm »

'Nice and welcoming' my arse, eh? :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17444 on: June 06, 2015, 04:01:33 pm »

Norway has finest cheeses, børk børk!

...flammable cheeses.
Quote from: Wikipedia
In January 2013, the Bratli Tunnel at Tysfjord was damaged when a lorry load of caramelised brunost caught fire. The high concentration of fat and sugar in the cheese caused it to burn fiercely at sufficiently high temperatures that the fire was still burning five days later.
Pages: 1 ... 1161 1162 [1163] 1164 1165 ... 1393