Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1129 1130 [1131] 1132 1133 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1748960 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #16950 on: May 29, 2015, 09:16:31 am »

EDIT: Our minister president just responded, and said he was "very angry". He called the list "without any legal foundation" and "will file a complaint in CAPITAL LETTERS with the Russian government".
Is this supposed to be threatening to anyone, or is this just a part of the political game?
._.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #16951 on: May 29, 2015, 09:18:41 am »

our MP is special

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #16952 on: May 29, 2015, 09:35:34 am »

Well the church used to be state employees in England.

Actually come to think of it, did that ever change?

I think that's just for the Anglicans
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16953 on: May 29, 2015, 09:38:42 am »

Mr Malofeev is closely linked to Ukrainian separatists in Eastern Ulkraine and Crimea. He is a former employer of Mr Borodai, so-called Prime Minister of the so-called ‘Donetsk People's Republic’ and met with Mr Aksyonov, so-called Prime Minister of the so-called ‘Republic of Crimea’, during the period of the Crimean annexation process. The Ukrainian Government has opened a criminal investigation into his alleged material and financial support to separatists.

In addition, he gave a number of public statements supporting the annexation of Crimea and the incorporation of Ukraine into Russia and notably stated in June 2014 that ‘You can't incorporate the whole of Ukraine into Russia. The East (of Ukraine) maybe’.

Therefore Mr. Malofeev is acting in support of the destabilisation of Eastern Ukraine.
(emphasis change mine)
So no, he was not sanctioned
for displaying their opinions on Crimea in public
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16954 on: May 29, 2015, 09:43:09 am »

Their monarch is also the head of the Anglican church, so, theres massive overlap.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16955 on: May 29, 2015, 10:19:41 am »

Mr Malofeev is closely linked to Ukrainian separatists in Eastern Ulkraine and Crimea. He is a former employer of Mr Borodai, so-called Prime Minister of the so-called ‘Donetsk People's Republic’ and met with Mr Aksyonov, so-called Prime Minister of the so-called ‘Republic of Crimea’, during the period of the Crimean annexation process. The Ukrainian Government has opened a criminal investigation into his alleged material and financial support to separatists.

In addition, he gave a number of public statements supporting the annexation of Crimea and the incorporation of Ukraine into Russia and notably stated in June 2014 that ‘You can't incorporate the whole of Ukraine into Russia. The East (of Ukraine) maybe’.

Therefore Mr. Malofeev is acting in support of the destabilisation of Eastern Ukraine.
(emphasis change mine)
So no, he was not sanctioned
for displaying their opinions on Crimea in public
I didn't say that he was sanctioned only for displaying their opinions on Crimea. So I am technically still right, toot toot. And technicality is the only thing that matters in political debates!
._.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16956 on: May 29, 2015, 11:20:35 am »

Well no. 'Sanctioned because' implies that without his statements he would've remained unsanctioned, which is a clear falsity.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16957 on: May 29, 2015, 05:17:09 pm »

So I am technically still right, toot toot. And technicality is the only thing that matters in political debates!

Yes and it's the only thing that matters in antagonizing people with baldfaced lies by claiming they are true.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16958 on: May 29, 2015, 06:36:29 pm »

Well, I was considering using the word 'lie', but  then I thought that 'falsity' would be more diplomatic. You wanna play good cop, bad cop, mainiac?
The Bay12 postcard club

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16959 on: May 29, 2015, 07:03:23 pm »

Russia funding shills to promote pro-Kremlin narratives. Really, the Russians are fucking late. The EU's already in that field. Israel did it before them. I'd be surprised if the Chinese and Americans weren't either natural shitposters like the Aussies or if they had paid shills too. Fucking hell, I've been doing it for free. Think I can get retroactive shillbux?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16960 on: May 29, 2015, 07:11:20 pm »

Their monarch is also the head of the Anglican church, so, theres massive overlap.
The monarch is the head of the Anglican church the same way the monarch is the head of the British state, just to be clear.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16961 on: May 29, 2015, 07:17:52 pm »

The monarch is the head of the Anglican church the same way the monarch is the head of the British state, just to be clear.
Exactly, she's just biding her time for a Prime Minister  twice as weak as any we've ever seen in our lifetime before she stages a coup and declares herself God Empress 4 lyfe, gaining immortality while Charles cries in the corner

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16962 on: May 29, 2015, 08:22:18 pm »

So I am technically still right, toot toot. And technicality is the only thing that matters in political debates!

Yes and it's the only thing that matters in antagonizing people with baldfaced lies by claiming they are true.
Well, duh. What else we're here for, trying to find truth, in politics? Preposterous!

Well no. 'Sanctioned because' implies that without his statements he would've remained unsanctioned, which is a clear falsity.
Okay, I lose. I guess I remembered wrong.
._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16963 on: May 29, 2015, 08:52:30 pm »

Well, I was considering using the word 'lie', but  then I thought that 'falsity' would be more diplomatic. You wanna play good cop, bad cop, mainiac?

IS THIS A GAME TO YOU?

Let's play good cop too much coffee cop.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #16964 on: May 29, 2015, 09:04:03 pm »

Ah the British royal family. They were "famous for being famous" longer than anyone else in the world.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 1129 1130 [1131] 1132 1133 ... 1393