Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 [1132] 1133 1134 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1748397 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #16965 on: May 29, 2015, 10:46:28 pm »

The monarch is the head of the Anglican church the same way the monarch is the head of the British state, just to be clear.
Exactly, she's just biding her time for a Prime Minister  twice as weak as any we've ever seen in our lifetime before she stages a coup and declares herself God Empress 4 lyfe, gaining immortality while Charles cries in the corner

In that case maybe it's a good thing after all that Ed Miliband is on holiday in Ibiza right now rather than in Downing Street.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16966 on: May 30, 2015, 03:39:00 am »

Thank Armok, I was worried that Charles would get in for a bit there.

This way, the commonwealth stays together.
One wheel short of a wagon

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16967 on: May 30, 2015, 03:53:52 am »

???
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16968 on: May 30, 2015, 05:37:02 am »

Meanwhile in Ukraine:

Saakashvili got Ukrainian citizenship and soon will become a governor of Odessa region. I think we need to import more former presidents, one for each region.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16969 on: May 30, 2015, 05:40:51 am »

You may want to steer clear of the German ones, or you'll lose a couple more provinces to Russia. 'For peace!'
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16970 on: May 30, 2015, 07:00:32 am »

You know about Saakashvili's civil rights record right? Its not like you imported a particularily good former president.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16971 on: May 30, 2015, 07:17:20 am »

You know about Saakashvili's civil rights record right? Its not like you imported a particularily good former president.
"Fighting corruption" is more relevant here, and Saakashvili is supposed to be good at this. Civil rights are secondary to saving Ukraine from imminent danger, after all.
._.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #16972 on: May 30, 2015, 07:24:53 am »

"Fighting corruption" is more relevant here, and Saakashvili is supposed to be good at this. Civil rights are secondary to saving Ukraine from imminent danger, after all.
I also imagine Saakashvili as a Ukrainian governor is basically a human-shaped middle finger towards Russia.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16973 on: May 30, 2015, 07:32:19 am »

I also imagine Saakashvili as a Ukrainian governor is basically a human-shaped middle finger towards Russia.
For a middle finger, appointing a person who lost the fight against Russia so hard that he chewed on his tie in a fit of anxiety does not seem very effective to me.
._.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16974 on: May 30, 2015, 07:52:25 am »

Meanwhile in Ukraine:

Saakashvili got Ukrainian citizenship and soon will become a governor of Odessa region. I think we need to import more former presidents, one for each region.

Maybe Akhmed Zakayev can be governor of Crimea or something in exile to add to his collection of exile-government titles. I am sure he would not object to being appointed representative of another oppressed Muslim country like Crimea.

In Scottish political news the crowdfunder to take the last Lib Dem MP in Scotland to court over his reprehensible conduct in the election campaign has reached £47,000 in 5 days, donated by over 3000 people. The petition was lodged yesterday and the case is going forward, the question is whether it will have its day in court because there considerable hurdles in the way that need to be overcome. That article is very technical but if anyone is interested in law then they should have a look, it's a fairly interesting case.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 08:08:44 am by Owlbread »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16975 on: May 30, 2015, 08:09:12 am »

Oh, reaction in Russian media is funny to watch.

I am a fan of Saakashvili (even despite his mistakes) and would prefer some higher position for him, up to PM but.

Nevertheless Odessa is important because it borders Transdniestria and hosts our largest port and huge flows of contraband goes through it. dealing with local corruption would be nice
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16976 on: May 30, 2015, 08:18:32 am »

The last time Ukraine gave Russia two middle fingers (Maidan) they occupied a third of your country and created divisions that will last 100 years, intentionally ruining Ukraine and turning it into a toilet to prevent any further dissent against their imperialist rule, exactly like the UK in Northern Ireland, 1921. I know resistance is important but I think they certainly have the upper hand here.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 08:21:55 am by Owlbread »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16977 on: May 30, 2015, 08:22:45 am »

Only a third of the country? I, uh, don't remember when we only have had a third of Ukraine. Either all/most of it (most of the time), or nothing/very little of it (post-USSR period, mainly).
._.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16978 on: May 30, 2015, 08:24:03 am »

Only a third of the country? I, uh, don't remember when we only have had a third of Ukraine. Either all/most of it (most of the time), or nothing/very little of it (post-USSR period, mainly).

I was referring to East Ukraine/Crimea. I'm being controversial again so I should probably stop, everyone knows where I stand on this issue anyway.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 08:31:28 am by Owlbread »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16979 on: May 30, 2015, 08:34:15 am »

That's certainly not a "third of the country" by any margin, though. The actual area with our presence in East Ukraine is very small. And while Crimea is certainly somewhat big, it's far from being even a one-fifth part of Ukraine. Ukraine is big.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 [1132] 1133 1134 ... 1393