Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1750350 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #15285 on: March 15, 2015, 07:19:14 pm »

I know Russia is mostly off limits these days, but I have to hear from my good friends in Russia - how's Putin doing? The UK tabloids are putting out stories about Putin disappearing and the possibility of a coup. Apparently the Israeli ambassador to Russia said there were "signs of a coup". What's going on?

There's all kinds of crazy stories going around about the security services and oligarchs...
Nobody knows.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15286 on: March 15, 2015, 07:21:33 pm »

Unseen since the 5th, slated to make a public appearance tomorrow (the 16th). More than that, no one really knows, last I checked.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15287 on: March 15, 2015, 07:27:43 pm »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15288 on: March 15, 2015, 07:34:56 pm »

If they wanted to get rid of M., then they're doing a shoddy job of it, since he's still posting stuff on his facebook
._.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15289 on: March 15, 2015, 07:38:50 pm »

If they wanted to get rid of M., then they're doing a shoddy job of it, since he's still posting stuff on his facebook

What are people in Russia saying about Putin's disappearance, Sergarr? He's been gone for quite some time...

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15290 on: March 15, 2015, 07:43:52 pm »

My money is on him hopping a plane to Argentina to go see his mistress.  If there is no news about where he is gone I will take it as evidence of that.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15291 on: March 15, 2015, 07:50:48 pm »

Mistress-just-gave-birth is up there with coup and the common cold, yeah, apparently.

Since we don't seem to have enough weirdness in this, I'm going to say russian science has finally gone far enough and it's Putin that's gone into labor. That would make a good scenario. Make it a putin/moleman hybrid and we're really cooking with gas.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15292 on: March 15, 2015, 07:55:53 pm »

What are people in Russia saying about Putin's disappearance, Sergarr? He's been gone for quite some time...

Mostly nothing. I wouldn't even notice if not for Western forums buzzing with speculation. He should appear tomorrow, anyway, there's a scheduled meeting and everything.
._.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15293 on: March 15, 2015, 07:59:18 pm »

Is the fact that modern Russia is almost entirely built around one man's leadership both its greatest strength and most terrible weakness? What comes after him? All the factions he's got backing him will have to do battle... it will be a very fractured state.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15294 on: March 15, 2015, 08:00:32 pm »

CNN said that he reappeared a few days ago or so they thought, they're as clueless and confused as everybody else though.

If it is a coup, then I wonder by whom. Wouldn't a coup have announced themselves by now? Unless they don't feel secure yet or something. .

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15295 on: March 15, 2015, 08:01:53 pm »

CNN said that he reappeared a few days ago or so they thought, they're as clueless and confused as everybody else though.

If it is a coup, then I wonder by whom. Wouldn't a coup have announced themselves by now? Unless they don't feel secure yet or something. .

The security service elite that Medvedev pissed off during his presidency.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15296 on: March 15, 2015, 08:05:38 pm »

You know, maybe he's actually trolling us all by taking a break (he hasn't taken a longer-than-one-day break in a loooong time IIRC) and looking how the country works without him. Like a kind-of test of how well his government works without his constant supervision.
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15297 on: March 15, 2015, 08:06:55 pm »

Is the fact that modern Russia is almost entirely built around one man's leadership both its greatest strength and most terrible weakness? What comes after him? All the factions he's got backing him will have to do battle... it will be a very fractured state.

Also, who is his version of a Vice President? Namely, who is slated to succeed him if something happens to him, or temporarily even?

I have no idea who would be considered putins second in command, so to speak.

@sergarr: if he is taking a break, then why is the Kremln being paranoidally secretive about it? 

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15298 on: March 15, 2015, 08:08:57 pm »

Medvedev.

@Owlbread: You might want to look at what happened after Franco's death. I have a great deal of grudging respect for that guy.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15299 on: March 15, 2015, 08:12:09 pm »

Also, who is his version of a Vice President? Namely, who is slated to succeed him if something happens to him, or temporarily even?

I have no idea who would be considered putins second in command, so to speak.

@sergarr: if he is taking a break, then why is the Kremln being paranoidally secretive about it?
Kremlin being a secretive ass is a constant. You should've heard the responses they said in regards to the presence of Russian troops in Crimea. "A complete nonsense", "Bumbling ramblings", "Only an idiot can believe that" and so on. It was pretty hilarious, especially after they finally said that "Yeah there were actually our troops there and we were just pretending at that moment".
._.
Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 ... 1393