Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 827 828 [829] 830 831 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1757799 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #12420 on: October 30, 2014, 01:50:41 am »

Catonazi?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12421 on: October 30, 2014, 02:36:18 am »

How/where did you reach the 80% conclusion?
Love, scriver~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12422 on: October 30, 2014, 02:55:29 am »

I assume they tailed you.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12423 on: October 30, 2014, 03:37:20 am »

That bombers look like an attempt to intimidate NATO before Russian large scale attack on Ukraine.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #12424 on: October 30, 2014, 03:51:00 am »

http://fra.europa.eu/en/publications-and-resources/data-and-maps/violence-against-women-survey

EU concludes that catoNazi Poland is one of the best places to live if you are a woman and don't want to be molested and/or abused. And who hits 80% rate of woman being molested? Sweden. Why do I have the feeling that our way seems to be better?

Alternatively, maybe it is underreported
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12425 on: October 30, 2014, 03:52:43 am »

It'd also be a rather big PR failure for the Kremlin.

Of course, Rosneft's leadership was ringing this alarm bell the whole time.
>implying Kremlin has any PR to lose after annexing Crimea

That's a good one.
Well, they could lose face in front of russian voters. What ever would Putin do if he can't get enough votes to be re-elected?  :P
I'll reveal a terrible truth about Russian people: most of them absolutely do not care about banks or large corporations going bankrupt. At all.

Putin keep posturing. At this rate he'll get his country locked out of the SWIFT network. That would mean the end of Russia's economy.
Last time I checked, the SWIFT company did not wanted to exclude Russia on the basis of it being international apolitical company. Any talks about doing that therefore can be only made against the SWIFT company's will.

EDIT: The Gasprom have left the what was called by European energy minister (IIRC) as "final and definitive" three-way talks. Coupled with the Pan Gi Mun saying that the elections in DNR/LNR would harm the peace, and Russia already pledged that it will recognize them, I'm going to assume the hostilities will resume at large somewhere around 2 November.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:56:00 am by Sergarr »
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12426 on: October 30, 2014, 04:04:27 am »

I'll reveal a terrible truth about Russian people: most of them absolutely do not care about banks or large corporations going bankrupt. At all.
I have heard that so often from Russians. Why should I care about problems of oligarchs? They don't remember their own jokes.

"-Daddy, Vodka is two times more expensive now. Hurray! You will drink less
-Wrong, son. You will eat less"

Even if we omit macroeconomical effects of collapsed banks, Russian oligarchs will compensate their loses by robbing Russian people
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12427 on: October 30, 2014, 04:05:20 am »

Catonazi?
The first part stands for Roman Catholic.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12428 on: October 30, 2014, 04:12:04 am »

I have heard that so often from Russians. Why should I care about problems of oligarchs? They don't remember their own jokes.

"-Daddy, Vodka is two times more expensive now. Hurray! You will drink less
-Wrong, son. You will eat less"

Even if we omit macroeconomical effects of collapsed banks, Russian oligarchs will compensate their loses by robbing Russian people
Even in 2008, the prices of all necessary goods have not risen much. I believe this will remain to be so.
._.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12429 on: October 30, 2014, 06:03:25 am »

I didn't, the Agency did. It's in the survey, just check the link. The page is JavaScripted, I think, so I can't point you to the exact point on it, you have to take a look yourself.

http://fra.europa.eu/en/publications-and-resources/data-and-maps/violence-against-women-survey

EU concludes that catoNazi Poland is one of the best places to live if you are a woman and don't want to be molested and/or abused. And who hits 80% rate of woman being molested? Sweden. Why do I have the feeling that our way seems to be better?

Alternatively, maybe it is underreported

Maybe, but the Agency itself (again) says it's not - Poland has on of the highest values when it comes to actually reporting cases of violence to the police or other services and organizations...
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Evil Knievel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12430 on: October 30, 2014, 06:17:05 am »

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #12432 on: October 30, 2014, 06:34:42 am »

Any talks about doing that therefore can be only made against the SWIFT company's will.

Companies don't like to be part of sanctions, that cost them money, and in this case goes against what make them valuable. They have to obey, though, and will do so more willingly if Putin keep sanding bombers in our airspace.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12433 on: October 30, 2014, 06:39:42 am »

Any talks about doing that therefore can be only made against the SWIFT company's will.

Companies don't like to be part of sanctions, that cost them money, and in this case goes against what make them valuable. They have to obey, though, and will do so more willingly if Putin keep sanding bombers in our airspace.
Seeing as USSR despite doing that and more for 30+ years wasn't excluded from UN, I highly doubt that.
._.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #12434 on: October 30, 2014, 06:50:19 am »

It was considerred before that, and Russia take it seriously. If Europe accept that step, Russia and China could try to do "their own swift" but that would be all benefits for China and bar Russia from most if not all trading with the west.

In that event, someone who make a visible and reliable bitcoin marketplace for western/russian trade could make a small fortune I guess. What is your field of work again? :D I'm tech!
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.
Pages: 1 ... 827 828 [829] 830 831 ... 1393