Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1757720 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #12390 on: October 29, 2014, 02:44:57 pm »

Well, it IS the internet and sarcasm doesn't get translated very well over the internet.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12391 on: October 29, 2014, 02:58:53 pm »

http://www.rferl.org/content/rosneft-profits-crash-sanctions-ukraine/26664883.html

Russian state-controlled energy giant Rosneft says its profits during the third quarter of 2014 crashed dramatically after Western sanctions were imposed over Russia’s role in the Ukraine crisis.

Rosneft said on October 29 that its third-quarter net profits fell by 99.3 percent – down to $24.4 million -- compared to the same three-month period in 2013.

Rosneft’s access to Western financing and technology – needed to service its debts and bring east Siberian fields online – has been cut by the sanctions.

Rosneft also has been hurt by the falling value of Russia’s ruble currency.

Russia’s Economic Development Minister Aleksei Ulyukayev said on October 29 that the government cannot satisfy a request from Rosneft for a further bailout to help it service debts.

In August, Rosneft asked the Russian government for a huge financial bailout to help it repay debts of about $45 billion.

... I think Rosneft is going bankrupt if the government doesn't provide them the cash they need. Thanks Putin!

Nahh, dont think so

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/rbth/business/11145393/sanctions-rosneft-stake-oil-company.html

Also thanks to putin  :):

http://www.mycity-military.com/slika.php?slika=178251_48779238_image.jpg
Make love not war

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12392 on: October 29, 2014, 03:01:03 pm »

Lol. Good, they bought shares of a company that isn't state owned and highly leveraged to useless contracts. I also own shares of NADL. It doesn't mean Rosneft isn't still begging for 45 billion in emergency funds to pay for their debt. It might actually tell you something that the only good news from them is they have shares of a Norwegian driller.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12393 on: October 29, 2014, 03:04:38 pm »

Lol. Good, they bought shares of a company that isn't state owned and highly leveraged to useless contracts. I also own shares of NADL. It doesn't mean Rosneft isn't still begging for 45 billion in emergency funds to pay for their debt. It might actually tell you something that the only good news from them is they have shares of a Norwegian driller.
No, the other good news is, that they are not getting that money that they ask for, because they want to abuse the situation. Thats why they are not getting those 45 bilion.
Make love not war

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12394 on: October 29, 2014, 03:25:03 pm »

The company has about 1.2 trillion *rubles* in liabilities. They are going bankrupt without the cash infusion, as they have taken on large amounts of Chinese-owned debt that they thought they could refinance their way out of. I highly doubt the Kremlin will allow that.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 03:54:41 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12395 on: October 29, 2014, 03:35:45 pm »

The company has about 1.2 trillion in liabilities. They are going bankrupt without the cash infusion. I highly doubt the Kremlin will allow that.
Yes. And USA has 172 trillion in liabilities. They must also bankrupt soon without cash infusion.  :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 03:38:44 pm by miljan »
Make love not war

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12396 on: October 29, 2014, 03:36:08 pm »

Lol.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12397 on: October 29, 2014, 03:37:02 pm »

The company has about 1.2 trillion in liabilities. They are going bankrupt without the cash infusion. I highly doubt the Kremlin will allow that.

Sounds like the same kind of thing as the 'too big to fail' companies here in the US and the bailouts that they got.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12398 on: October 29, 2014, 03:40:23 pm »

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 03:49:45 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12399 on: October 29, 2014, 03:49:27 pm »

It'd also be a rather big PR failure for the Kremlin.

Of course, Rosneft's leadership was ringing this alarm bell the whole time.
>implying Kremlin has any PR to lose after annexing Crimea

That's a good one.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12400 on: October 29, 2014, 03:53:10 pm »

As Russian proverb says - Chickens are counted in autumn.
Hitler was a very successful leader before 1940s

We will see if Russian economic rise happened because of Putin or very high oil prices.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12401 on: October 29, 2014, 04:00:07 pm »

As Russian proverb says - Chickens are counted in autumn.
Hitler was a very successful leader before 1940s

We will see if Russian economic rise happened because of Putin or very high oil prices.
If putin didnt kicked out those oligarchs that where in control of oil industry 9and made it back to russia control) , oil rise would not help at all that much in the first place
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 04:02:22 pm by miljan »
Make love not war

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12402 on: October 29, 2014, 04:02:01 pm »

Sergarr, a Rosneft bankrupty would be terrible for the internal audience.

Miljan: You're deliberately using a very low starting point. It's like praising Obama because things aren't as bad as in 2008.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12403 on: October 29, 2014, 04:06:21 pm »

Would the kremlin even afford bailing it out?

How does a company get a trillion in liabilities and not suffer greatly long before? besides corruption. Though not sure how much that is in US dollars

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12404 on: October 29, 2014, 04:15:09 pm »

1.2 trillion is something like 25 billions in dollars
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 1393