Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1742351 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #11145 on: September 19, 2014, 02:01:00 am »

Scotland wants to be British.

Huzzah for Unity!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11146 on: September 19, 2014, 02:05:16 am »

Huzzah for Unity!

55% of the people who voted (thus far) want to remain in the union, actually.

Why they did this? Who knows.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11147 on: September 19, 2014, 03:11:16 am »

Huzzah for Unity!

55% of the people who voted (thus far) want to remain in the union, actually.

Why they did this? Who knows.

I hope this is good news for the stability in Europe and EU, at least in short term! Myself I am not accustomed enough in Scottish-British relations to have had an opinion way or another really.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11148 on: September 19, 2014, 03:32:40 am »

Not sure if it will have a calming effect on Spanish-Catalan relations (this is pretty much the only other secession/independence type thing I'm reasonably informed about in Europe) as I believe the Catalonians are upset that the Spanish gov'ment are flat out refusing to deal, and are pointing to David Cameron's fortitude/recklessness in allowing the Scot's a voice in whether or not to go it alone.

I am hugely disappointed with the result, and I'm just hoping no political shenanigans happen, and Scotland are given the new powers they were promised.

My main fear is that Cameron et al put it to a vote in the British parliament, it gets shot down and the people of Scotland just accept that as a reasonable outcome. I'd then feel greatly ashamed of being Scottish.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11149 on: September 19, 2014, 07:26:20 am »

In unrelated news: after Polish Prime Minister got send to some post in Brussels with no meaning whatsoever, we needed a new Prime Minister. As a bonus, we got some new ministers from that deal, too, so I will try to show you a little of what we have to deal with here.

Prime Minister: Ewa Kopacz, female. In fact, she is second woman on the PM's seat in Poland, first was Hanna Suchocka (1992-1993). She is a pediatrician, and this is pretty much every good thing I can tell about her already. She was caught lying, and no small lies at that*, and her most notable achievement is complete loyalty for former PM, Donald Tusk. She was presenting her new set of ministers today, and she is already being laughed at even by very pro-government newspapers for her stupid answers on press conference (Journalist: Should we sell weapons to the Ukraine? PM: Well, you know, I'm a woman... lengthy, not really clear analogy with a healthy dash of sexism follows).
Foreign affairs: Grzegorz Schetyna. Number of foreign languages he speaks: 0. Zero. Null. Nada. None. Do we really need to elaborate on that? (This is just one of the symptoms of his unfitness for this post, mind you).
Minister of Justice: Cezary Grabarczyk, former minister of... infrastructure. He managed to force most of the infrastructure building companies in Poland into bankruptcy, spend most of the money from EU we got for this, and yet he build less than half of the highways that were planned. On the bright side, he probably can not be worse as minister of justice, if only because I can not imagine him being worse in anything than in infrastructure. He was so bad on previous post that we had our share of memes - one of earlier previous ministers of infrastructure, Marek Pol, was so hilariously bad, nobody believed it can get worse, and then it got worse with Grabarczyk.

There are a few others, but those are worst, and really, I see no point in writing about others; they just don't seem to have any competences in the given fields. We have a theologian on internal affairs, economist as a minister of administration and digitalization and so on... Yeah, it is about to get even worse here.

*After a plane with Polish President crashed/was shot down near Smolensk, she was telling the public that whole area was fenced, thoroughly searched up to a meter deep and every smallest part of the plane or the body recovered. For the next several months everyone going there was able to easily find parts scattered around, even without digging, not to mention that journalists were buying whole garbage bags of parts from people living in the vicinity, who wanted to sell them for scrap.
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11150 on: September 19, 2014, 07:42:33 am »

What about Sikorski? I understood there was some scandals about him and other ministers talking to journalists, but he was still one heck of a good FM. With Carl Bildt likely to loose his post after the last elections, it seems European diplomacy is at an historic low.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11151 on: September 19, 2014, 08:00:33 am »

He is apparently getting post as the Marshal of the Sejm (Speaker/Chairman - I'm not sure what is the best world; the man leading the parliamentary proceedings). He is considered to be ambitious to the absurd levels in Poland, as the post is considered to second most important in the country after president (although it bears no real power), so it might be that. He is also known for his preference of some countries over others, and this preference has nothing to do with Polish interest at times.

He was also recently recorded in a restaurant talking about how he thinks that NATO isn't worth anything and in particular we are sucking American dicks* and get nothing in return, which is... Unfortunate for a FM, really.

*This is not paraphrasing, this is actual phrase he used.
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11152 on: September 19, 2014, 08:13:05 am »

Is speaker of the Sejm seen as a springboard to the presidency?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11153 on: September 19, 2014, 08:15:37 am »

Is speaker of the Sejm seen as a springboard to the presidency?

Nnnnot really. Although the current President was the Speaker right before he was elected and the new PM currently is one.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11154 on: September 19, 2014, 08:24:26 am »

So is it more of a golden retirement?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11155 on: September 19, 2014, 08:31:05 am »

tell me more about sikorski

what are his preferences, most notably

seems like a 5/5 politician right now

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11156 on: September 19, 2014, 08:31:35 am »

So is it more of a golden retirement?

Nah, it's just a position for the guy in charge to dump one of his lieutenants onto.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11157 on: September 19, 2014, 10:06:11 am »

snip
Hmmm... Ukrainian government is not that bad after all
At least you have no war to test that kind of government
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

WarRoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11158 on: September 19, 2014, 02:06:53 pm »

snip
Hmmm... Ukrainian government is not that bad after all
At least you have no war to test that kind of government

Are you sure? I heard that the new Ukrainian government will be composed mainly of soldiers/war heroes and oligarchs/puppets of oligarchs.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11159 on: September 19, 2014, 02:10:17 pm »

Are you sure? I heard that the new Ukrainian government will be composed mainly of soldiers/war heroes and oligarchs/puppets of oligarchs.

So you are saying it will be a government?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 1393