Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1747280 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #8370 on: July 29, 2014, 12:35:54 pm »

"If Russians humans came from Ukrainians monkeys, why are there still Ukranians monkeys?"

:P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8371 on: July 29, 2014, 12:41:30 pm »

If my frontline source is right (I have no reasons to not believe him) some of annihilated "rebels" are this guys - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/45th_Detached_Reconnaissance_Regiment

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:43:29 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8372 on: July 29, 2014, 12:43:19 pm »

Sergarr both France and the US used cruise missiles, the only difference is that cruise missiles don't leave the atmosphere, besides who care is some Russiansoldiers terrorist get killed by them anyway?
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8373 on: July 29, 2014, 12:52:50 pm »

Why would one not use all of the orthodox weapons at ones disposal in the event of a conflict?

Or..

Could you explain to me why using this system in particular indicates weakness to you?
You don't usually hear of states using ballistic missiles on rebels. They're not exactly 'orthodox weapons'. Imagine if France used ballistic missiles on Libya. Or USA started bombing Iraq with their ballistic missiles.
And they've a very limited supply of those things, because I really doubt they have a full production cycle for them.

You don't hear about it as to the best of my knowledge, there has been no real rebellion of a serious nature inside a state which operated such systems. The only other time where such a system has been used in a state vs rebels capacity that springs to mind is Russia using them in its operations in the Chechen conflict. Does that strike you as a sign of weakness of Russia?

Besides, the USA did use ballistic missiles in both Iraq wars - the M-270 launch system which launched 32 MGM-140 missiles. Using a weapon to achieve a goal what the enemy has little counter to is not a sign of weakness - simply one of common sense. As for them not being orthodox - how is it in any way different from a "traditional" artillery barrage? Use of these missile systems to me seems to be part and parcel of modern warfare. Lets be clear - we are talking about SHORT RANGE explosive payload missiles - nothing controversial about that. Its not as if Ukraine is using them to drop chemical or nuclear payloads. What would have been wrong about France using them in Lybia - are they really that different to heavy bombs or missiles launched from aircraft? What exactly is your objection to them? AFAIK, it is common practice to bombard enemy positions before an assault, be it with artillery, air or naval forces, or vehicle or infantry carried missiles. Anyone in possession of short range ballistic missiles who did not use them before assaulting an enemy position is an idiot who does not value the lives of the men they lead.
This is a blank sig.

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8374 on: July 29, 2014, 01:05:18 pm »

Considering current geopolitical tensions, without Putin, Russia would fall apart.
Tsars are not important. Nations are. Actions of Russian nation will determine your future fate. And remember a number one rule: You reap what you sow You Russians must stop going the direction you are heading.  the current road or Moscow will be like 1945 Berlin. Wake up.
©
Subdue to the mighty masters, my friendly slave. Don't be a rebel. They provide us food and cover, but they will kill us, if we do something against us. So keep calm. Forget you have enough nukes to destroy the whole civilised world, so, generally speaking, you have chances to fight back and provide cover people, same as you. :)

Provoked by the West? What do you mean? Chronology:
1) Ukrainian  people overthrew a very crappy government in a bloody revolution
2) "Brothers" attacked us in a moment of weakness to annex a part of our territory
3) We gave up a piece of territory without resistance because we never wanted a war
4) Russia moved further aiming to get even more territory
My version of the chronology:
0) We're busy with winter olympics, not willing to do anything.
1) Ukrainian  people overthrew a very crappy government in a West-aided bloody revolution. And installed a pro-western government, that started to do all the hostile things, like banning Russian language and not joining EEC.
2) If Ukraine stayed neutral in the West-Russia tension, we would agree. But seeing your country falling away from the equilibrium, we had to act and took over Crimea. Anyway, you would expell our fleet out of there, considering the political course.
3) Ukraine gave up a piece of territory without resistance because we never wanted a war (and your western masters didn't expect this to happen :))
4) Russia moved further aiming to get even more territory

Considering sanctions, it would be hard for us. But we will do it. And our enemies will not directly attack us, being afraid of provoking a nuclear war.
Thus the weapon of choice against Russia, as in Soviet times, is informational war and propaganda. You, UR, as you know, is a soldier in this infowar.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8375 on: July 29, 2014, 01:06:59 pm »

It is still the most powerful conventional weapon. If it doesn't work, then Kiev would have nothing conventional left.
._.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8376 on: July 29, 2014, 01:16:36 pm »

Sergarr both France and the US used cruise missiles, the only difference is that cruise missiles don't leave the atmosphere, besides who care is some Russiansoldiers terrorist get killed by them anyway?

That seems to be a common misconception, so let's get the facts straight here.

Ballistic missile is a missile that follows a so-called ballistic trajectory (quite a surprise, isn't it?) for most of it's path and is only guided on a relatively short part of the travel. It can leave the Earth's atmosphere, but it *doesn't* have to. Those used by Ukraine were short-range one, not leaving the atmosphere; actually, they have less than 200 km range.
Cruise missile, on the other hand, is guided through the entire flight. It is also usually powered through the entire flight, and modern designs use this to fly at low altitude to avoid being intercepted or even found by radars. They are sometimes called 'manoeuvring missiles', because due to being powered and guided through the flight, they can follow the predetermined path to target, for example, to arrive from different direction than attacking craft, thus making it harder to retaliate.

Actually ballistic missiles of small size are very close to unguided missile systems, like MRLS or Katyusha.

EDIT:
Wake up.
I am disapointed that you made no mention of sheeple.
https://xkcd.com/1013/
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8377 on: July 29, 2014, 01:46:16 pm »

1) Ukrainian  people overthrew a very crappy government in a West-aided bloody revolution. And installed a pro-western government, that started to do all the hostile things, like banning Russian language and not joining EEC.
2) If Ukraine stayed neutral in the West-Russia tension, we would agree. But seeing your country falling away from the equilibrium, we had to act and took over Crimea. Anyway, you would expell our fleet out of there, considering the political course

Man, it's a terrible shame this is completely wrong. Russian propaganda is strong. Next up, Russia landed on the moon first.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: July 29, 2014, 01:50:45 pm »

We should really get to making a Ukraine Discussion topic and then a Ukraine Propaganda topic, to filter this nonsense.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8379 on: July 29, 2014, 01:53:43 pm »

2) If Ukraine stayed neutral in the West-Russia tension, we would agree. But seeing your country falling away from the equilibrium, we had to act and took over Crimea. Anyway, you would expell our fleet out of there, considering the political course

Man, it's a terrible shame this is completely wrong. Russian propaganda is strong. Next up, Russia landed on the moon first.
They did, actually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luna_9

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: July 29, 2014, 01:57:56 pm »

We should really get to making a Ukraine Discussion topic and then a Ukraine Propaganda topic, to filter this nonsense.
There was such a thread. Then it got nuked for flaming.
._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: July 29, 2014, 02:11:37 pm »

There was such a thread. Then it got nuked for flaming.

Just like is gonna happen to Ukraine :(
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: July 29, 2014, 02:13:37 pm »

3) Ukraine gave up a piece of territory without resistance because we never wanted a war (and your western masters didn't expect this to happen :))

Yes Russia was just radiating peaceful intentions.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: July 29, 2014, 02:20:03 pm »

Western masters?

Oh wait, ivze is a 9/11 truther. Nevermind.

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8384 on: July 29, 2014, 02:34:12 pm »

Western masters?

Oh wait, ivze is a 9/11 truther. Nevermind.
Forgot Nuland's cookies ^^?
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 1393