Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1747309 times)

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #8400 on: July 29, 2014, 05:40:32 pm »

Guys, we had two threads locked over Ukraine and one over Palestine, now please don't stir up that giant hornet's nest that is the Belgian goods labelling crisis.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8401 on: July 29, 2014, 05:40:46 pm »

FYI, it means we're labeling products as coming from Israel, coming from occupied Palestinian areas, or coming from Palestine.

It's suprisingly pro-active from our governement.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8402 on: July 29, 2014, 05:44:37 pm »

Oh well, that kind of ruins my joke, thanks Belgium.  :(

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8403 on: July 29, 2014, 05:54:17 pm »

FYI, it means we're labeling products as coming from Israel, coming from occupied Palestinian areas, or coming from Palestine.

How are they handling Palestinian products exported through Israeli distributors such as Arava Export Growers? I remember the BDS movement a few years ago (2010 IIRC, may be wrong) getting really muddled over that, with some saying they should be boycotted as collaborators and others saying exceptions should be made...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8404 on: July 29, 2014, 06:04:22 pm »

I guess it depends on if the main company/work is Palestinian or if it's an Israel manufacturer. Like how American-distributed goods are still labelled "Made in China"?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8405 on: July 29, 2014, 06:13:22 pm »

How are they handling Palestinian products exported through Israeli distributors such as Arava Export Growers? I remember the BDS movement a few years ago (2010 IIRC, may be wrong) getting really muddled over that, with some saying they should be boycotted as collaborators and others saying exceptions should be made...
I don't know for certain, but I think it's supposed to be based on area of origin.

Emforcing it is a big ptoblem. The Eu already has a system where goods produced in the occupied areas do not benefit from preferential tarrifs that israel gets, but it's hard to enforce.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8406 on: July 29, 2014, 06:21:08 pm »

I don't know for certain, but I think it's supposed to be based on area of origin.

Emforcing it is a big ptoblem. The Eu already has a system where goods produced in the occupied areas do not benefit from preferential tarrifs that israel gets, but it's hard to enforce.

why does israel have preferential tariffs again, is this historical reasons popping up or something legitimate

and why are we cutting occupied territories out of that

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8407 on: July 29, 2014, 06:27:14 pm »

Oh well, that kind of ruins my joke, thanks Belgium.  :(
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8408 on: July 29, 2014, 06:33:40 pm »

why does israel have preferential tariffs again, is this historical reasons popping up or something legitimate

and why are we cutting occupied territories out of that
The EU has preferentialtreatments with many states. Requirements aren't to high.

And the occupied areas are cut out because the EU does not support Israeli military occupation. Take note that it's only the Israeli settlements that get non preferential treatment.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8409 on: July 29, 2014, 06:50:12 pm »

Russia bans synthetic underwear because reasons. ??? ::)

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-26236885

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8410 on: July 29, 2014, 10:10:18 pm »

Related link from the one UR posted: http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-26227943

Also, quote from that article:
Production, import and sale of lace underwear will stop in July 2014 in Kazakhstan, Russia and Belarus under a Moscow-led Customs Union. Officials say lace does not absorb enough moisture.

Ah what? don't absorb moisture? are they trying to imply something?

I don't have lace underwear, but I can see that is a pretty BS reason.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8411 on: July 29, 2014, 10:51:43 pm »

So I guess the cotton underwear tycoon has cornered the market?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8412 on: July 30, 2014, 02:07:54 am »

I like how every new set of sanctions result in Russian stock market indices going up...

Television of DNR. Here a guy from South Ossetia complains that locals don't want to fight like Ossetians did...

We can't gather 10 000 militia in a million-sized city (c)
Everyone voted on the referendum but don't want to lift a finger now (c)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 02:44:11 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8413 on: July 30, 2014, 03:42:47 am »

If Russians invade, millions of people who voted for Svoboda will all rise up and become partisans (c)
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8414 on: July 30, 2014, 04:18:00 am »

Well, something like that is happening. :) You think there are few people from Eastern Ukraine in all that National Guard all-volunteer battalions? You think there are no small-scale anti-Russian insurgency with scum being killed by local enthusiasts here and there?  You think our aviation and artillery doesn't get coordinates from locals? You are wrong

Unfortunately most of Donbas Ukrainians are passive as they always were. Should majority of them  take one of the sides the war would be over one way or another... Still, most prefer to wait out and hope that someone else will solve their problems
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 1393