Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1747261 times)

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #8355 on: July 29, 2014, 11:47:04 am »

Considering current geopolitical tensions, without Putin, Russia would fall apart. So I won't do it, and I would advise anyone to restrain from destabilising current political construction, until things settle.

I'm starting to hate Ukrainian nationalists not because they're fighting back (what's a valid reaction for any entity), but because they're blind in their political misunderstanding, that, being provoked by the West, makes them fight against their OUR mother-civilisation.

We've had the same guys here, in Russia. Insisting on their slavonic roots, forming paramilitary organisations. Wearing traditional clothes.

But in comparisson with my grandfather, I used to know, they like a fake souvenir toy wooden sun to compare with real artefacts from an ethnographic museum.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8356 on: July 29, 2014, 11:52:19 am »

Fight against their mother civiliza...

Wait...I'm confused...

Are you pretending to be Ukraines brother, or mother?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8357 on: July 29, 2014, 11:55:16 am »

Nope, I mean something like 'mothership' from science fiction.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8358 on: July 29, 2014, 11:56:23 am »

It's pretty patronising to dismiss those in Ukraine with a revolutionary mindset as being "provoked by the West". I think that revolution was very much a Ukrainian revolution, despite interference here and there from the West. You may notice that revolutionary Ukrainians have drifted away from the EU and NATO and are pursuing quite an independent path. If anyone is "provoking" anyone it's Russia causing the irredentist movements in the East by annexing Crimea, rather than allowing Crimea to remain within Ukraine and providing support to them economically and politically.

Which is of course nonsense. Ukraine is the mother of Russia.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: July 29, 2014, 11:58:14 am »

My question stays the same, let me rephrase it then.

Is Russia the mothership, or something that flew off from the mothership?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8360 on: July 29, 2014, 12:02:10 pm »

http://us.cnn.com/2014/07/29/world/europe/ukraine-crisis/index.html?hpt=hp_inthenews

Apparently "Ukraine's government had used short-range ballistic missiles against the rebels, according to three U.S. officials."

Uh-oh.
._.

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8361 on: July 29, 2014, 12:03:47 pm »

LOLS :D

Well, that's true. The ancient Ukraine is a mother for Russia and current Ukraine. And the degree of relativity is equal.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8362 on: July 29, 2014, 12:10:49 pm »

Ivze.... Holy mother Russia, brotherhood of Slavic people, Evil Western forces... So many myths...

I'll try to explain my position calmly because you actually have good intentions

Considering current geopolitical tensions, without Putin, Russia would fall apart.
Tsars are not important. Nations are. Actions of Russian nation will determine your future fate. And remember a number one rule: You reap what you sow You Russians must stop going the direction you are heading.  the current road or Moscow will be like 1945 Berlin. Wake up.

but because they're blind in their political misunderstanding, that, being provoked by the West
Provoked by the West? What do you mean? Chronology:
1) Ukrainian  people overthrew a very crappy government in a bloody revolution
2) "Brothers" attacked us in a moment of weakness to annex a part of our territory
3) We gave up a piece of territory without resistance because we never wanted a war
4) Russia moved further aiming to get even more territory

That is not a Western provocation unless Putin is a Western agent

We've had the same guys here, in Russia. Insisting on their slavonic roots, forming paramilitary organisations. Wearing traditional clothes.

But in comparisson with my grandfather, I used to know, they like a fake souvenir toy wooden sun to compare with real artefacts from an ethnographic museum.
Yes, sadly, traditional Russian culture and Russian nationalism are dying... But how is it related to the war?

http://us.cnn.com/2014/07/29/world/europe/ukraine-crisis/index.html?hpt=hp_inthenews

Apparently "Ukraine's government had used short-range ballistic missiles against the rebels, according to three U.S. officials."

Uh-oh.

cough

Quote from: Ukrainian Ranger
Meanwhile my friend from the front told me that Russian soldiers failed to survive that falling on their heads: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OTR-21_Tochka.
Oh I forgot, there are no Russian army in Ukraine... So that is  untrue, right?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8363 on: July 29, 2014, 12:12:07 pm »

Wake up.
I am disapointed that you made no mention of sheeple.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8364 on: July 29, 2014, 12:13:54 pm »

I'd say if Ukraine army has resorted to using ballistic weapons, then they're getting really desperate. What's next, chemical shells?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:15:33 pm by Sergarr »
._.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8365 on: July 29, 2014, 12:17:30 pm »

Why would one not use all of the orthodox weapons at ones disposal in the event of a conflict?

Or..

Could you explain to me why using this system in particular indicates weakness to you?
This is a blank sig.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8366 on: July 29, 2014, 12:18:34 pm »

No, no, it makes perfect sense. Mothership in sci-fi sense: Xeno invader coming in and anal probing all your cows, kidnapping people and killing/experimenting on them, etc., so forth, so on. Like... X-Com mothership, y'ken? Seems fairly close to apt, t'me.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8367 on: July 29, 2014, 12:20:34 pm »

Segarr, Look. Imagine you are a general.  You have a hill. A fortified hill. Strategically important hill. Place were your enemy amassed his finest troops. What is more important - that place has no civilians around. You need to take it quickly.

You have two solutions
1) Go assault and lose a lot of your guys
2) Drop something REAL BIG on their heads

Your choice?

And lets not forget that Russia used those in Checnya to bomb not hills but Grozny
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8368 on: July 29, 2014, 12:24:53 pm »

The argument over which country is the truer successor of the Kievan Rus is rather silly.
Neither of the three modern Eastern Slavic ethnicities existed during the times of Kievan Rus. The "Russian" people who existed back then had as much in common with the modern Russians (and Ukrainians, and Belarusians) as the Germanic peoples from the I century BC and modern Germans. The collapse of the Kievan Rus triggered the cultural division that eventually resulted in the appearance of Russians, Ukrainians and Belarusians.

Ukraine is not the mother of Russia, and Russia is not the mother of Ukraine. The Kievan Rus is the mother of both Ukraine and Russia, and it wasn't ancient Ukraine or ancient Russia.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:31:09 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8369 on: July 29, 2014, 12:35:10 pm »

Why would one not use all of the orthodox weapons at ones disposal in the event of a conflict?

Or..

Could you explain to me why using this system in particular indicates weakness to you?
You don't usually hear of states using ballistic missiles on rebels. They're not exactly 'orthodox weapons'. Imagine if France used ballistic missiles on Libya. Or USA started bombing Iraq with their ballistic missiles.
And they've a very limited supply of those things, because I really doubt they have a full production cycle for them.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 1393