Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1745628 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #7650 on: July 17, 2014, 12:06:03 pm »

The same pro-Russians claiming this was a Ukrainian false flag operation to destroy the reputation of the rebels in the eyes of the international community are the same pro-Russians that would go absolutely nuts if you claimed that the Russian apartment bombings were an FSB false flag to destroy the reputation of the Chechen rebels in the eyes of the international community.

The Chechen nationalist media outlet "Chechen Center" are claiming a Chechen volunteer in the Ukrainian National Guard was killed in Lugansk. They're also claiming that he killed "a dozen Russian terrorists" before he was killed in an "unequal battle" but I will take this with a pinch of salt:

Quote from: Chechen Center
Чеченская диаспора: "Чеченец погиб в неравном бою в Луганске защищая суверенитет Украины, успев перебить дюжину русских террористов."

Quote from: Chechen Center
Chechen diaspora: "Chechen died in an unequal battle in Lugansk protecting the sovereignty of Ukraine, having to kill a dozen Russian terrorists."

"Герои не умирают!" seems to be the cry going up from pro-Ukrainians in response to this news.

The Chechen foreign minister in exile in Denmark, Usman Ferzauli, is also claiming that Russia (i.e. the state, not the rebels) shot the plane down.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 12:18:50 pm by Owlbread »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7651 on: July 17, 2014, 12:15:58 pm »

Terrorist is such a multi-purpose word these days.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7652 on: July 17, 2014, 12:33:31 pm »

Terrorist is such a multi-purpose word these days.
Nah, it's only got one purpose, and that's to label all of them people that terrify you.

Clowns are totally terrists guys, any SS13 player can tell you that.

"Герои не умирают!" seems to be the cry going up from pro-Ukrainians in response to this news.
That's weird, I thought martyrs were considered to be big heroes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7653 on: July 17, 2014, 12:46:57 pm »

I will never fly with that company. Ever.
And this is why it gets worse. I've flown on their airlines so much and they're honestly one of the best commercial air liners out there. Then TWO planes get wrecked under highly suspicious circumstances and they're tanking for reasons which I don't think are their fault at all.

At least there's always Singapore airlines, but damn.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: July 17, 2014, 12:47:58 pm »

singapore has staged the rebellion in order to cover their sabotage of malaysia airlines' business

confirmed confirmed

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:17:53 pm by palsch »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7656 on: July 17, 2014, 01:17:45 pm »

Partially that 300 dead is Ukrainian fault. We should have declared the area a war zone and close airspace for all civilian aircrafts. But our government preferred to call it anti-terror operation and allowed aircrafts that fly higher than 9 kms
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: July 17, 2014, 01:26:49 pm »

Recently deleted tweet, may be of interest.
Google translate.

Самоходные зенитно-ракетные комплексы "Бук" на территории зенитно-ракетного полка ПВО А1402 взятого под контроль ДНР. pic.twitter.com/bTI9BZCB1N

"https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrTXhwXCQAA6Luc.jpg" is the original link to the picture itself, which if you reverse image search on google you find:

Whoops! Looks like these terrorists proudly displayed the toy they were planning to use to murder civilians a couple weeks ago. Then delete the post about it after they finally use it to murder civilians.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #7659 on: July 17, 2014, 01:29:19 pm »

Hate it when that happens.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7660 on: July 17, 2014, 01:30:08 pm »

Good thing russia is just protecting themselves by sending military grade equipment to their infiltrators to murder civilians on international airlines

You never know, that airliner could've been full of fascist paratroopers
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:31:49 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7661 on: July 17, 2014, 01:31:38 pm »

Re-nationalisation of the network that had ridiculously high costs for getting on the damned thing and was privatised in some moronic move?

The only way they could make it worse is by making trains crash every half hour or raising the prices.

Particularly interesting given that East Coast has been a public organisation since 2009, managing to be one of the best franchises in the country on the lowest public subsidies. It's supposed to be re-privatised next year.

And to be clear on that tweet, that confirms what the AP already reported; that they have the weapons that Ukraine claims were used to shoot down the plane, and that they are in the area. Combine with their shooting down of a transport above the effective altitude of their portable systems suggests they have been using it already, and then there are the apparent boasts about shooting down a second transport today (less reliable sources on that).

It's a very strong circumstantial case at the least.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7662 on: July 17, 2014, 01:34:16 pm »

Combine with their shooting down of a transport above the effective altitude of their portable systems suggests they have been using it already, and then there are the apparent boasts about shooting down a second transport today (less reliable sources on that).

[then the fact that they deleted the pictures of the weapon used to attack an international airline after it's become apparent that they were using it to murder civilians]

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7663 on: July 17, 2014, 01:35:49 pm »

Oh dear...
19:28: Flight recorders have been found at the crash site, Konstantin Knyrik, a spokesman for the pro-Russian rebels, has told Interfax news agency. Earlier reports quoted rebels as saying they intended to send the flight recorders to Moscow for checking.
There needs to be a heavy push to have the recorders released to Malaysia I think.
[then the fact that they deleted the pictures of the weapon used to attack an international airline after it's become apparent that they were using it to murder civilians]
Well at least one spokesman tried to deny they had the means to make such an attack, and given their propaganda strategies...

Like I said, it's a very strong circumstantial case already and could get stronger shortly.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: July 17, 2014, 01:36:47 pm »

I'm just wondering what Russia's response is going to be to it.
Easy. They will say that Ukrainian nazies shot down the plane to blame Russia
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 1393